Stain in Trunk May Show Outline of Child**REVISIT FOR READING*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your first link is not a bonified news source.
The second link has obviously copied the misinformation from the FOX channel.
If there was indeed a blood outline of a child it would be Headline News everywhere.

Why is foxnews reporting this then? Shouldn't they be in trouble for sending out false information? Even my local news station, corrects any errors on their site and reports they made an error.

Your first link is not a bonified news source.
The second link has obviously copied the misinformation from the FOX channel.
If there was indeed a blood outline of a child it would be Headline News everywhere.

--------------------
If I read right all channels named are fed by Fox. whiteangora I agree.:banghead:

If this is true, "bloody" outline - it would offer solid evidence of a body having been in the trunk (not that many of us doubt that there was one because of the odor). I recall seeing FBI reports that say "no blood found" but I can't recall a specific released report regarding the stain in the trunk. Where's JWG when we need him.

It seems to me that this would be the evidence that would be needed for LE and Dr. G to say and do what they did, that is, put DP on the table and say homicide, etc. But what do I know - nada.

If this is true, "bloody" outline - it would offer solid evidence of a body having been in the trunk (not that many of us doubt that there was one because of the odor). I recall seeing FBI reports that say "no blood found" but I can't recall a specific released report regarding the stain in the trunk. Where's JWG when we need him.

It seems to me that this would be the evidence that would be needed for LE and Dr. G to say and do what they did, that is, put DP on the table and say homicide, etc. But what do I know - nada.

If it was blood that you could visibly see, then one would think you could get some sort of DNA from it.

I spent a good part of Fri and Sat going over the released docs looking for something else. But I remember reading some of the forensic reports and no blood was found in the car. BJB would know. Where is that man when ya need him, lol. Off to go look at the docs ...... again.

So if it was a bloody stain, then wouldn't they be able to pull DNA from it?

Not if bleach was used to clean the trunk. Bleach destroys DNA, IIRC.

Don't know what Luminol-like chemicals could show blood on a cleaned surface.

On the other hand.. the media have a way of distorting, then running with it.

On the THIRD hand-- the FBI labs mighta got different results with different reagents.

I spent a good part of Fri and Sat going over the released docs looking for something else. But I remember reading some of the forensic reports and no blood was found in the car. BJB would know. Where is that man when ya need him, lol. Off to go look at the docs ...... again.

I believe you are correct! I read the same thing were it said it wasn't from blood or bodily fluid.

Not if bleach was used to clean the trunk. Bleach destroys DNA, IIRC.

Don't know what Luminol-like chemicals could show blood on a cleaned surface.

On the other hand.. the media have a way of distorting, them running with it.

Will if bleach were used, then it would be a bleach stain and not a blood stain.

I believe you are correct! I read the same thing were it said it wasn't from blood or bodily fluid.

I recall that specifically, because I remember one of the FBI agents telling GA that he thought it would come back with human DNA on it... so I was shocked to hear it didn't. We haven't been told through documents what it was though.

I don't have time to sift through the docs, but I did find a snippet on this website.

An Orange County investigator sent out in inquiry to website, bluestar-forensic.com with the following message:

“I am in the middle of a high profile Homicide Investigation where the victim, age 3, may have been placed into the trunk of a vehicle long enough where the odor of death/decomp is present,” the message said. “I did use bluestar (sic) in the trunk to detect any blood which was negative.”

http://www..com/2009/08/new-documents-released-no-blood-found-in-casey-anthonys-trunk/

To understand how it all works, you have to consider that there are two kinds of bleach that are found in the majority of cleaning products within your home. There are bleaches that are primarily chlorine and there is also oxygen bleach.

Chlorine bleaches can remove a bloodstain to the naked eye but fortunately, forensics experts can use the application of substances such as luminol or phenolphthalein to show that haemoglobin is present. In fact, even if the shady criminal washed a bloodstained item of clothing ten times, these chemicals could still reveal blood.

With oxygen bleach, the bleach has an oxidising agent, which could be a substance such as hydrogen peroxide. In these instances, haemoglobin is completely removed and can't later be detected. As expected, this presents a unique challenge for forensic scientists. Not only that, but it can significantly compromise an investigation and may mean that evidence is not properly investigated and used in a trial.

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/detecting-evidence-after-bleaching.html

Ok, found it.
It's in the forensic report for Caylee, dtd 2.18.09 and it starts on page 3764.

This report is about the swabs taken from the left, right side of trunk liner and the spare tire cover.

FOUND IT!
http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740657/detail.html

The FBI lab report starts on 3754 and there is also the report about the decomp hair found before you read about the swabs for blood, if this helps anyone else.

Around 2:15 Geraldo asks JB about the impression and JB says it is someone's imagination running wild-that it is like "stigmata or the Virgin Mary's representation on a piece of toast." Classy guy huh?
ha-no.gif

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgGJ9KnbEYo"]YouTube - Geraldo with Jose Baez 10/4/09 Part 1[/ame]

If you google bloody stain in Casey Anthony's trunk, there are numerous news stations reporting this, not just foxnews. Someone posted a youtube link from Gerlado before, who is also reporting a bloody outline!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UJFoLRDW0g&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Geraldo with Jose Baez 10/4/09 Part 2[/ame]

Oh now it's a BLOOD stain? I think that's just more of Geraldo grandstanding...AGAIN.

Oh now it's a BLOOD stain? I think that's just more of Geraldo grandstanding...AGAIN.

I seldom watch the show if I have a choice, but I would if they would let Kimberly Guilfoyle interview Baez, she believes in plain speaking, and he could not B.S. her..

To put this thread to rest, this is the Orange Co Forensic report that states no blood. page 3175.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0121/18530363.pdf

I just wish GR would check his facts before he runs with his fingers over the keyboards. Same for JB. :loser:'S

Page 3175 addresses 2 suspected stains on the ceiling on the drivers side of the inside of the car.

On page 3210, presumptive tests were done for a stain on the right side of the trunk liner and for 3 stains on the spare tire cover. No reaction for blood was observed.

Page 3175 addresses 2 suspected stains on the ceiling on the drivers side of the inside of the car, not any stains in the trunk.

They were probably just chicken grease or burrito juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member