State Asking Judge To Approve Gag Order - 4 Motions to be Heard Mon Nov 10

I do too, though I don't know why. Do you?

8000 searchers from 34 states and 2 countries expected for the search. Over 250 team leaders, ATV's, horses, boats, search and rescue teams, forensic college student teams, etc. I think we'll find her this time.

A Gag order just means they can't talk about the case, right?

Which I would think is different then these document dumps. Were we are doing our own talking, etc.

I think a gag order is needed in this case. CA, GA, MN, TB, JB, and Kobi appear on any media outlet that will allow. I think it's about time they keep their mouths shut.

Casey Anthony prosecutors: Gag order needed to limit publicity
Sarah Lundy and Bianca Prieto | Sentinel Staff Writers
November 7, 2008
Prosecutors are asking a judge to order those involved in the KC Anthony case -- attorneys, witnesses, law-enforcement officers and Anthony's family -- to restrict their public comments.

The motion for a gag order came among a flurry of filings. Anthony's attorney J� Baez filed several requests with the court, including papers asking the judge to compel investigators to turn over tips about Caylee's whereabouts. He also wants crime-scene photos and investigative reports, as well as more information from Oak Ridge National Laboratory, which conducted forensic tests on hair and air samples taken from Anthony's car. Orange Circuit Judge Stan Strickland scheduled a hearing to discuss the matters for 1:30 p.m. Monday.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-caseygag0708nov07,0,7398893.story

Motion Concerning Extra-Judicial Comments:
Filed By The State Of Florida
Released Nov. 6, 2008
Motion Link:
http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/1106/17923487.pdf

Prosecutors in the case against Casey filed a motion to "shut up"J Baez and the Anthony family (read motion).

The state attorney is asking for a gag order on several key players in the case, saying that attorney J Baez has "succumbed to the lure of the national spotlight" and frequently expresses his opinion about the case.

They also accuse the Anthony family of turning every opportunity to talk about Caylee into an attack on the prosecution.

Article Link:
http://www.wftv.com/news/17919607/detail.html

(Unless an insanity defense materializes) the burden is upon the State, therefore as SS indicated, this motion holds more weight coming from them ... they must protect the integrity of the case and are obliged to ensure due process - thus avoiding reversal at a later date!

ITA w/PG ... This will be hard for us information junkies nevertheless a good thing overall!

For the integrity of the case, it needs to be done. I hate it for us "info junkies", though :)

WFTV just said that the State and prosecution are tired of the defense leaking things to the public. They showed a pic of Kobi who is on NG every night so I am guessing he is included and of course the Anthony's. TB (who i thought was canned) told WFTV that the leak of docs the other day was the work of a third party. What ever that means. :waitasec: I knew the PR firm would blame someone else and not themselves. I guess we will find out if the judge will put the gag order in place on Monday.

Now I know the defense leaked them. :)

I'm not familiar with the laws that have allowed us to have access to all of this information. Isn't the "discovery" evidence considered public by law in Florida? I'm just wondering that even if the media are not allowed to disseminate the information, that if it is publicly available, we know we have some people on WS who are more than happy to make the trip and pickup the documents.

I could be wrong though, does anyone know the ins and outs of these "information" laws?

Seems wrong that they have been releasing things all this time now they want a gag order.

think they are really trying to shut up CA & JB (probably TB) and soon MN--CA has caused problems from the get go---jmo

I would love it, anything to keep Cindy from blabbing.

Isn't there enough information out there for us sleuthers to chew on?
Hopefully this weekend will finish this.

Please bring Caylee home.

What else can they tell us? I think the rest will come out in the trial.

PLZZZ keep Cindy's mouth shut..DUCT TAPE please..:woohoo:OOPS include BAEZ
Doesn't a GAG Order mean NO TALKING just for the people the Judge names or everyone on TV too I am confused, but that is easy?

O.K. so that would stop more documents? Where's our sleuth lawyer?

I'm curious as to why they want to put this screeching, hissing, twirling cat back in the bag now when it's clearly been out of the bag, ran around the house, got chloroformed, and fell in the pool. [Bad analogy but you get my drift...It's a little late in the game now to be gagging folks.]

:clap: :clap: :clap:

LOL. That is a funny picture.

George said himself he tried to gag Cindy:

"I'm not trying to say that I can't shut her up. I've tried. I tried to put my hand over her mouth. I tried to pull her away. All that does is infuriate her even more."

I think the request is simple. LE and the Prosecution don't want to release further evidence or information to the public especially since there is a chance Caylee could be found this weekend. They want to protect every piece of info from here on out in the case until trial.

Thank God. There has been enough confusion and way too much info released in this case. It's about time that someone took steps to stop it.

Ha!

I'd like to see Cindy comply. I don't think it's physically possible for her to put the gag on. Seriously.

I would think it would be more like some superglue to keep JB and Mrs. A. mouths shut but thats just my opinion. :biggrin:
LOL She would get a dry erase board to carry around with her and probably flashcards, too! JB would just use his crackerjack PR firm sans Todd since he has been reassigned to another area of the case. ;)

I have to agree with the Prosecution on a gag order. They know what they are doing. I hope that whatever the Prosecutors ask for or want will be granted.

I have always felt that witnesses in any case should not be in the media making statements, or even be on a forum discussing the case.

I can live without any more documents being released. We already know quite a lot about this case. In the interest of justice being served, I can wait until trial to hear the rest.

JMO

I think the request is simple. LE and the Prosecution don't want to release further evidence or information to the public especially since there is a chance Caylee could be found this weekend. They want to protect every piece of info from here on out in the case until trial.

Bingo!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back