State v. Bradley Cooper - 3-15-2011 (after Lunch) - 3.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said "brand name."

She thought originally Nancy wore ASICS. However, upon viewing photographs, she picked out the Saucony shoes and had no doubt those were the ones Nancy had been wearing.

I'm curious to see what the defense will do in cross. How much worse can he make things for his client with this witness? (Perhaps he'll introduce a catalog with thousands of shoes and ask her to go through and identify any that are similar to the shoes Nancy wore.)

Carey Clark CONFIRMED that Nancy told her that she planned to paint at JA's house SAT MORNING (and thus could not run with her on Sat). They were supposed to run on Fri 7/11, but Nancy canceled, telling Carey that her legs were tired.

This totally refutes the defense assertion that JA was 'making up' these painting plans!

Also interesting is that they typically ran between 6 am and 7 am, sometimes as early as 5:30 am depending on the length of the run. Lots of contradicting information compared to Brad's she left at 7am and ran from the home. Also max times were about 2 hours, yet Brad was not worried when JA called...hmmmm.

She said "brand name."

She thought originally Nancy wore ASICS. However, upon viewing photographs, she picked out the Saucony shoes and had no doubt those were the ones Nancy had been wearing.

Thanks for the clarification. I saw her certainty during the photo viewing. I just couldn't hear her clearly during the prior testimony.

Oh I was chuckling when the defense couldn't get the audio tape (of JA's interview with Dismukes) to play and Kurtz thus had to drop that line of questioning.

And there was 'ole Brad looking under the table at the equipment and I'm sure he was just itching to help out, being a techie dude and all. ;-D

I've read all the documents in this case, but it's been a while since I looked at the Search Warrants. To those that have a better memory, did the police find a pair of Saucony's in the garage or in the house (I'm guessing they did b/c the prosecution said that they had accounted for all of her shoes)?

He gave a pair of Saucony's (Dark blue) to the canine officer when he could not find the dress, no?

Carey Clark CONFIRMED that Nancy told her that she planned to paint at JA's house SAT MORNING (and thus could not run with her on Sat). They were supposed to run on Fri 7/11, but Nancy canceled, telling Carey that her legs were tired.

This totally refutes the defense assertion that JA was 'making up' these painting plans!

Defense just asked if she knew those plans were made at 5 pm Friday evening. She said she was told at 5:20 am Friday morning.

Wow, was Carrie Clark just caught in a lie? She said Nancy told her about painting plans at 5:20 am on Friday, but JA indicated painting plans weren't made until 5:00 PM on Friday. She also didn't tell the cops about the plans on Saturday the 12th, but did tell them on a later date when she as re-interviewed. I wonder if she was given that information by JA.

BTW, it's very clear why the defense wanted to delay the trial as long as possible. Because they know that over time memories fade and that's what they are counting on.

Carrie Clarke dismissed at 4:08

Officer Dan Hays (CPD Patrol Officer) Sworn in @ 4:09

Wow, was Carrie Clark just caught in a lie? She said Nancy told her about painting plans at 5:20 am on Friday, but JA indicated painting plans weren't made until 5:00 PM on Friday. She also didn't tell the cops about the plans on Saturday the 12th, but did tell them on a later date when she as re-interviewed. I wonder if she was given that information by JA.

I did not see it as being caught in a lie, it seemed like she was confused. Earlier testimony showed that they had planned a run on Friday, but NC called her at 5:20AM to state that NC had run the previous day and her legs were tired.

IIRC it was already decided that JA's dining room needed to be painted (Nancy made this comment on Wed). Nancy & JA may not have finalized plans until Fri afternoon, but it's possible Nancy assumed she would be doing the job on Sat morning.

He gave a pair of Saucony's (Dark blue) to the canine officer when he could not find the dress, no?

Can't recall the color but the brand Brad gave the canine officer has been said to be the Saucony's if I am remembering correctly.

I've read all the documents in this case, but it's been a while since I looked at the Search Warrants. To those that have a better memory, did the police find a pair of Saucony's in the garage or in the house (I'm guessing they did b/c the prosecution said that they had accounted for all of her shoes)?

I was just reviewing the warrant for the search of the home so I have it handy.

It says they took out one pair of "blue and gray" tennis shoes.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/flash/3470376/

Defense just asked if she knew those plans were made at 5 pm Friday evening. She said she was told at 5:20 am Friday morning.

I understood the point he was trying to make but I don't think it's a big deal. Nancy made the plans with Jessica on Friday afternoon but it doesn't mean that Nancy wasn't already planning to paint and just hadn't spoken to Jessica about it yet.

So Brad doesn't answer voice mails from LE...sounds familiar. :D

So Brad doesn't answer voice mails from LE...sounds familiar. :D

I guess he checked his VM at some point because he did drive home! (therefore I guess he does know how to use the VM system on his cell phone).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther