State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered what the heck he was doing.

Man, those neighbors are all into their business, even down to the juice that they buy.

IF I were NC and I had a set limit of what I could buy at the store, Naked Juice would not be on my list due to the fact that it is $5 a big bottle (or somewhere in that range--I had a brief love affair with it myself but it didn't make my budget cuts). What I probably would do though is get the person who put me on the budget to pick up all the high ticket things from the store that I wanted. (I'm sneaky read passive/aggressive that way).

I wonder if she didn't tell him to buy it for "the kids" knowing that he was being super Dad for the custody stuff and had planned on having it herself and buying the Juicy Juice later from her budget. It doesn't seem like a very kid friendly drink as it is swamp green and kind of slimy looking.

raisincharlie said:
Kurtz did ask of Mr. Boyer, man who found the body, if he saw the white BMW on the morning of July 12th. Mr. Boyer said no. Backstory, Mr. Boyer goes to church at 7 am on Saturdays aparently, said he left his house at 6:45 am - did not see Brad's car while leaving.

I don't know that that proves much of anything since we know where Brad was at 6:45 a.m. on that Saturday.

Yeah, but it's probably significant cross in that (again, speculating) if a prosecution 'ace' was someone in the neighborhood that would testify they spotted a white BMW that morning, then the defense would know it already (and presumably not bother asking this question)... but who knows.

Man, those neighbors are all into their business, even down to the juice that they buy.

IF I were NC and I had a set limit of what I could buy at the store, Naked Juice would not be on my list due to the fact that it is $5 a big bottle (or somewhere in that range--I had a brief love affair with it myself but it didn't make my budget cuts). What I probably would do though is get the person who put me on the budget to pick up all the high ticket things from the store that I wanted. (I'm sneaky read passive/aggressive that way).

I wonder if she didn't tell him to buy it for "the kids" knowing that he was being super Dad for the custody stuff and had planned on having it herself and buying the Juicy Juice later from her budget. It doesn't seem like a very kid friendly drink as it is swamp green and kind of slimy looking.

What is in that stuff ?

This should be an easily verified item. If they regularly purchased it, the records at HT would show it since they apparently used their VIC card. If not, it won't.

Here's new evidence we haven't heard before:

"Prosecutors have spent much time eliciting information about a Naked Juice smoothie that Brad Cooper bought at the Harris Teeter the morning his wife was reported missing. Numerous times after Nancy Cooper's death and after her two young daughters went to live with her family in Canada, Harris Teeter records show bottles of Naked Juice were purchased."

"Neighbors have testified that Nancy Cooper would not have asked her husband to buy Naked Juice for the girls. Prosecutor Amy Fitzhugh tried to show this week that when Nancy Cooper and the children were in town, Harris Teeter store records show the purchase of more eight-packs of Juicy Juice apple juice."

When was this introduced???

Their 'Vic card' will document exactly how many *Naked Juice* vs *Juicy Juice apple juice* purchases were made.
Was it said Nancy shopped at BJ's?

It's very green and kind of thick.

Has a variety of fruits in it: apple, bananna, but also things like spirulena and green barley I think...things that make it really green and nutritious.

I can't imagine little kids liking the green color over, say, plain apple juice.

Did you guys miss this part?

"Numerous times after Nancy Cooper's death and after her two young daughters went to live with her family in Canada, Harris Teeter records show bottles of Naked Juice were purchased."

This means Brad was purchasing Naked Green Juice. For BRAD!

What is in that stuff ?
If my memory serves me correctly, it has broccoli, spinach, banana, kiwi and wheat grass, spirulina and other algae. (I feel like it had garlic on the ingredients which freaked me out but that might be the other brand).

It is really good--kind of thick and sweet. I'd never guess that it had broccoli or spinach in it.

"Numerous times after Nancy Cooper's death and after her two young daughters went to live with her family in Canada, Harris Teeter records show bottles of Naked Juice were purchased."

I'm not sure I understand this. Could he not have bought it for the girls, and for himself? I'd imagine they were only introduced to it because either he, or Nancy, or both liked it to begin with, so it would only be natural that he would continue to drink it after he ceased buying it for a family.

What's your point? His kids didn't drink it because he also drank it? I mean seriously....we're arguing over juice here? If he was doing this to hide his crime, he could have picked anything more kid friendly. Or did he pick it up because he was famished after killing his wife and wanted some naked juice.

This whole juice argument is ridiculous. He as at the store. He bought detergent and juice. He claimed his wife called him on his way to the store. There was a call to him right before he walked into the store. Did she make it? That is really the only question.

What's your point? His kids didn't drink it because he also drank it? I mean seriously....we're arguing over juice here? If he was doing this to hide his crime, he could have picked anything more kid friendly. Or did he pick it up because he was famished after killing his wife and wanted some naked juice.

This whole juice argument is ridiculous. He as at the store. He bought detergent and juice. He claimed his wife called him on his way to the store. There was a call to him right before he walked into the store. Did she make it? That is really the only question.

I'm not so sure he had this whole thing planned and mapped out in detail. It's just as possible that his original plan was to say that he went back to the store to get the juice for himself and while on his way Nancy called and asked him to pick up the detergent. I only say this because he seemed confused over exactly who was doing laundry that morning and who realized that they were out of detergent.

Heh heh - I did a quick google on the web site... couldn't help but notice marketing slogan of this product - "Nothing To Hide...".
Coincidence... or... ??? ;)

<sigh>

It's not MY argument.

this is one of the points the ADAs brought up.

According to Nancy's friends, who were with Nancy & the kids quite often, the kids drank APPLE JUICE (Juicy Juice brand). Records showed she had purchased an 8-pack of Juicy Juice that last week.

The assertion is that the girls did not drink this GREEN juice and that when purchasing it on the morning of 7/12, Nancy didn't ask Brad to purchase it (because she was dead). He bought the juice *he* liked to drink.

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. I came across it a few days ago and I've been reading it every day. I live in Raleigh and I've been following the case too.

One thing I've been thinking about regarding the 2 trips to HT is why would he make two trips to the store as part of an alibi? IF the call was rigged, he still could have received the call from the home number while on the first trip to the store. He could have said NC called for any number of reasons, ie. make sure you get 2% milk. Unless, he didn't know what time he would be approaching the store because he had to first dispose of the body. He had to receive that call just before walking in the store to prove he was not at home making that call.

<sigh>

It's not MY argument.

According to Nancy's friends, who were with Nancy & the kids quite often, the kids drank APPLE JUICE (Juicy Juice brand). Records showed she had purchased an 8-pack of Juicy Juice that last week.

The assertion is that the girls did not drink this GREEN juice and that when purchasing it on the morning of 7/12, Nancy didn't ask Brad to purchase it (because she was dead). He bought the juice *he* liked to drink.

My kids drink different kinds of juices. I still think it is a stupid argument. All the defense has to do is show previous purchases of the naked juice. Heck, they could probably show that Nancy had purchased it as well. But if the defense shows any previous purchases of the juice, it should end the argument. Given how expensive the stuff is, I wouldn't be surprised if they limited how much they gave the kids (although the Coopers didn't seem to limit themselves financially for most of their marriage).

I have to agree with you on the juice thing.
Unless it can be shown that the girls NEVER drank Naked Juice, it goes nowhere.

<sigh>

It's not MY argument.

I'm with you, SG.

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. I came across it a few days ago and I've been reading it every day. I live in Raleigh and I've been following the case too.

One thing I've been thinking about regarding the 2 trips to HT is why would he make two trips to the store as part of an alibi? IF the call was rigged, he still could have received the call from the home number while on the first trip to the store. He could have said NC called for any number of reasons, ie. make sure you get 2% milk. Unless, he didn't know what time he would be approaching the store because he had to first dispose of the body. He had to receive that call just before walking in the store to prove he was not at home making that call.

Exactly. This is why I find his HT story to be credible. I even find the reasoning behind different shoes to be credible. Heck, it's been discussed on here that it couldn't have been overly muddy at the dump site. So I can't imagine him wearing shoes and getting them so muddy that he goes home to change them. That would look even more suspicious. His story about taking his shoes off at the front door and then putting on the different pair at the garage since he went out that door sounds believable. The whole HT situation sounds believable. If not, this guy was incredibly clear headed and devious after just killing his wife. Before I heard the opening statements explaining the different shoes, I had though of a slightly different scenario. He went to HT, came home, took off his shoes...wife says go back, so he slips on something else to make the quick trip back. But for an alibi, 1 trip would have been the more likely alibi story. Not two.

Finishing up listening to the ME testimony today. Can I just ask could someone please drive down there and give that coughing person a Halls, its so digusting hearing the phlem cough I am gagging over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther