State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people hang their jeans (that's what was hanging on the railing) because they shrink in the dryer.

But that would probably be a person who is accustomed to doing his/her laundry on a regular basis. I would assume a "Brad-type" would just dump clothes in the washer w/out giving it a lot of thought (i.e. separating colors, easy wear vs. cotton) and then just throw it all in the dryer when done. Then when the dryer was done, throw into basket/on floor, and repeat.

I thought he had initiated the process to help her get a Green Card which would allow her to stay after the divorce. In addition his offer to pay her "Nanny Wages" could be an attempt to help her establish legal working status to remain in the US while her Green Card was being processed.

This is true. I think that Nancy didn't want to give anything up except Brad, but she hadn't come to the realization that she was going to have a big change in economic status. A green card and "nanny" status (even though the idea seemed offensive to friends) would have worked until she got back on her feet in terms of career and self-sufficiency.

Something has always bothered me about this. Wasn't Brad's name on the receipt for the paint?

I cannot figure out why Nancy would have him pay for it. I'll have to go listen to JA's testimony again. I don't know why JA wouldn't have just paid for the paint herself and paid Nancy under the table.

JA talked about a conflict when Brad came over there on Tuesday night and that he made a snarky comment about how little she'd gotten done.

I guess I missed something!

That's a great point. The only thing I could guess from why NC picked up the paint under BC's name was that maybe they rec'd a discount or something at the place she purchased it, so then it would be cheaper for JA? According to the defense though, BC bought the tarp so he was well aware NC was painting?

He claimed he feel asleep in the girls room between them. Guess he must have done that twice though since he was up after 10 am reading email...

It is possible of course that Nancy turned on a light herself though.

Which room did we decide was the girls room way back when? I can't remember. :banghead:

This is true. I think that Nancy didn't want to give anything up except Brad, but she hadn't come to the realization that she was going to have a big change in economic status. A green card and "nanny" status (even though the idea seemed offensive to friends) would have worked until she got back on her feet in terms of career and self-sufficiency.

But, I don't think "nanny" status would have been legal. In order to have working rights in the US (not as a spouse but as a sole person), an entire process needs to be approved by the govt. Probably the same process was followed when Cisco brought BC to the US. The employer has to show that the prospective employee has such highly desired skills that are not able to be found by applicants in this area. Likewise, BC would not have been able to legally hire NC as a nanny because a nanny does not require such hard to find skills. If BC wanted to pay NC under the table as a nanny, that would be one thing, but she would be here illegally and wouldn't be able to travel back and forth to Canada.

Good point. I wonder if it would have been illegal though if BC didn't consent to it (obviously, in hindsight, illegal would have meant alive though). Maybe that would have hurt her in the divorce proceedings.

I think it would have been a legal nightmare if she took the children away for vacation and didn't return, but given the fact that she was facing expulsion from the country and leaving her children behind, I think the Canadian legal system would have kicked in and helped resolve it in her favor.

That's a great point. The only thing I could guess from why NC picked up the paint under BC's name was that maybe they rec'd a discount or something at the place she purchased it, so then it would be cheaper for JA? According to the defense though, BC bought the tarp so he was well aware NC was painting?

For some reason Restoration Hardware sticks in my mind.

I guess they could have had it color matched somewhere else tho. Dunno.

Not buying into what anything the defense said in opening - not a good track record - but JA did testify that Brad came over there Tuesday, so yes, he knew she was painting.

Based on the floorplans I'm not sure he could.

If there was a light on in the hall or master bedroom, it would have case light towards any of the smaller bedrooms.

I don't think Brad was used to doing laundry. Hanging it over a wood railing wet would ruin the finish.

He could have hung it there to "show" he was doing laundry to try to justify the HT run.

I don't think Brad was used to doing laundry. Hanging it over a wood railing wet would ruin the finish.

He could have hung it there to "show" he was doing laundry to try to justify the HT run.

My wife does it every week.

For some reason Restoration Hardware sticks in my mind.

I guess they could have had it color matched somewhere else tho. Dunno.

Not buying into what anything the defense said in opening - not a good track record at this point - but JA did testify that Brad came over there Tuesday, so yes, he knew she was painting.

Just thought of something. Maybe it was put on BC's account because it was a credit account (payment would be due next month) and she would be able to have the $ reimbursed to her by JA immediately so she would basically have an advance of $ since BC wasn't paying her this week? She'd have to repay it next month when the bill came, but right now it's extra cash.

I have hung clothes on my upstairs railing to finish drying. Never something heavy like jeans or towels but yes, lighter clothes. Also, my reason for doing this was to SPEED up laundry because as one of our posters said....when doing a lot of laundry, the dryer is slower. My common sense tells me MOST guys are not up on a Sat. morning doing the family laundry....sorry, not buying it. I think after he starting his crime clean up....he ran out of detergent so had to get more.....along with the alibi...could be the reason for the store runs.

But, I don't think "nanny" status would have been legal. In order to have working rights in the US (not as a spouse but as a sole person), an entire process needs to be approved by the govt. Probably the same process was followed when Cisco brought BC to the US. The employer has to show that the prospective employee has such highly desired skills that are not able to be found by applicants in this area. Likewise, BC would not have been able to legally hire NC as a nanny because a nanny does not require such hard to find skills. If BC wanted to pay NC under the table as a nanny, that would be one thing, but she would be here illegally and wouldn't be able to travel back and forth to Canada.

What a mess. If only they could have pulled together with a lawyer to sort out the possibilities.

Nope. Takes her sweaters right out of the washer and drapes them on the wooden railing.

Brad put mostly jeans on the railing, and they probably weren't dripping wet.

cooper3.jpg

I have hung clothes on my upstairs railing to finish drying. Never something heavy like jeans or towels but yes, lighter clothes. Also, my reason for doing this was to SPEED up laundry because as one of our posters said....when doing a lot of laundry, the dryer is slower. My common sense tells me MOST guys are not up on a Sat. morning doing the family laundry....sorry, not buying it. I think after he starting his crime clean up....he ran out of detergent so had to get more.....along with the alibi...could be the reason for the store runs.

Some guys use Sat. mornings to catch up on laundry and cleaning - frees up the rest of the weekend.

That evening's plans with the Hillers had been made prior to Nancy being in "hate mode." I truly doubt her mood changed from the time of the party to 5:45 a.m., when she must have been tired from a long night out, having quite a bit to drink, etc. I can't imagine she'd be in any mood to chat it up with Brad on the phone.

It was 38 seconds. That's not exactly chatting it up.

Some guys use Sat. mornings to catch up on laundry and cleaning - frees up the rest of the weekend.

Maybe so, I'm not buying it. The timing of the morning she went missing and the amount of laundry along with the other cleaning......:liar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500