State v Bradley Cooper 3-21-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said "Donna, everything that (he named 3 of Nancy's friends) have said are all lies"

UGHHHHH ...what did the defendant say to Nancy's mom in the kitchen during her depo? My feed decided to hang right when she said "everything JA, HP, DD has said is ____________"

I didn't get it either. My feed has been fine all day until this witness.

I think I caught that part - it's all lies. I didn't hear the part before it, or who said it.

Oh, this poor mother. Been watching on my computer. Can anyone tell me what tv channel WRAL is carrying this on?

This has all been completely heart-breaking. :( I can so relate to this mom, on many levels. I think I need to go have a good cry now. :(

I expected the defense to jump up with a loud objection. So happy they didn't. They are being respectful of this witness, thankfully.
I guess it would be hard to object to a mothers intuition.

UGHHHHH ...what did the defendant say to Nancy's mom in the kitchen during her depo? My feed decided to hang right when she said "everything JA, HP, DD has said is ____________"

a lie.

Finishing your sentence.

ETA: Those are the only words he's EVER said to her since Nancy went missing.

Now Mrs. Rentz will be questioned by the defense in the morning. I will be glad when she is done because this is so hard for her.

It seems all that her mother has left is her memories. Very sad indeed...

And I get how at times she just starts talking about Nancy and the times not listening to Cummings.....I totally relate as I feel my mind would just start having memories and wanting to say them...credible to me and not rehearsed.

FWIW...I am so impressed with the elegance and gentleness of Mrs. Rentz. As she described the graduation and vacation her basic values permeate the family activities and the love she extended to her daughter's husband. What a lovely woman....(IMO...)

Brad did give her money. I don't think we've actually heard an official amount. The amounts have ranged from $80 to $300/week. We do know that Nancy earned some money for painting a friends house and that Brad withheld Nancy's weekly money (according to what Nancy told her friends).

He cut Nancy off all money in March. In April the separation draft was done. Somewhere in between March and July he decided to give her a weekly allowance.

i've been wondering that myself.

Instead of transcribing/typing out the trial, they speak into the thing and then go back and type it out. Or some machines actually type it as they speak into the black mouth piece.

The goodbye scene at the airport is what got me.

Dear lord, me too. I couldn't help but put myself and my daughter in that situation and it just tears my heart out. That was the last time the parents saw Nancy alive.....and the memory of her begging to go with them, and not being able to, is heart wrenching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500