State v Bradley Cooper 3-21-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he looks guilty for not wanting to ride in a police car. I wouldn't want to either because I don't really like/trust cops. He wasn't refusing to answer questions. That is all that matters here.

I do not! I learned that, for six months of the year, taking off my shoes would result in frozen toes!! :D

Don't you worry about tracking in snow, mud and other stuff from frequent weather change?

It's not just the ride in the car....it's the DESTINATION, IMO.

I don't think he looks guilty for not wanting to ride in a police car. I wouldn't want to either because I don't really like/trust cops. He wasn't refusing to answer questions. That is all that matters here.

No what matters is the refusal combined with the "I'm not being charged with anything" comment/question.

People can (and do) go to the police station who are not charged with a crime. And at this point, what crime had been committed (NC was missing)?

Not only that....after Saturday morning, he should have answered any questions. Now before you guys jump on me for that statement, I highly suggest you watch these 2 videos:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4097602514885833865#

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6014022229458915912&hl=en&emb=1#

The first is a college professor that did a lecture on why you should never speak to the police. The 2nd is a police officer following up his lecture saying you should never speak to the police. By Monday, they were building a case against him. There was nothing new to offer with reqards to him saying she left to go jogging. It was all to get more of his statements on record to build a case against him.

You guys think the cops were only interested in finding NC? I say BS...they had already begun building a murder case against BC, even before finding her body. So the fact that he said he would answer questions at the house was stupid on his part.

And again, before you rip my post, watch the 2 videos.

If your goal is to look more suspicious, then sure, not cooperating in full when your spouse goes missing, is one way to accomplish that. No, it's not illegal to not fully cooperate, but you should know that it will be noted.

Calm, cool and answering fully 'might' have helped him IMO... wherever the questioning took place.

SleuthyGal.....I know you were in the court room last week...question. Can you elaborate on any differences you felt being in court is different from watching it online? Always hear how being in the court that the mood can't always be understood as much as being there. Just curious. Also, can you talk about how the jurors are reacting to any testimony. TIA

I've seen that video before, ncsu95:).

Care to offer your opinion? And for the others that haven't, the premise is that you should not talk to the police even if you are innocent. It's a very interesting video.

Care to offer your opinion? And for the others that haven't, the premise is that you should not talk to the police even if you are innocent. It's a very interesting video.

Oh, I agree with it. The thing is, in a situation like this I think I would forget everything you're supposed to do because I would be so worried that I probably would talk to them, at least to a point. I would be more concerned with setting up searches though and making sure the cops focused 100% on that.

I think, as early into the event as this was, 'wife missing', unless one KNEW she wasn't coming home, one wouldn't even contemplate anything but 'my wife is most likely injured, we need to find her.....' etc.

This video of the crime scene is very effective to me on a human nature level. What a horrible and creepy place. The frogs in the background add to the sickening scene. I find this very disturbing. JMO

No what matters is the refusal combined with the "I'm not being charged with anything" comment/question.

People can (and do) go to the police station who are not charged with a crime. And at this point, what crime had been committed (NC was missing)?

Exactly - and most people with a legitimately missing family person RUNS to the police department and enlists whatever aid they possibly can round up to help find their missing loved one. Most people with nothing to hide go to the police department and HOUND the police to please take a missing person report, please help find my wife. Most people with nothing to hide would be at the police department before your wife's friends to report you missing.

Guys:

Let's not forget that Friday was an "I Hate Brad" day. (per the previous testimony)

There were aspects of this that could have looked (to him, IMHO) that he was being jerked around (by Nancy, if she were still alive).

He had been jerked around on the separation agreement and while that is standard practice, he didn't have any reason to know that.

These people were having affairs and apparently unhappy.

The cop car ride, etc. is different for a happy husband and wife versus a divorcing couple and him already having seen evidence of her planning on leaving, getting ready to leave, but being "stuck" with her still does not constitute planning her murder. I would answer their questions to help, but then...I would run through my whole mind of everything that had been going on and I personally (not Brad) would be thinking of my kids and how to A) shield and protect and B) continue to provide for them everything they knew. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to think he was going to be their A, #1 suspect.

And as per my usual disclaimer, I am not saying he did not do it. I am saying I am having trouble with 1st degree.

This video of the crime scene is very effective to me on a human nature level. What a horrible and creepy place. The frogs in the background add to the sickening scene. I find this very disturbing. JMO

Yes! The sound of the birds in the trees, the frogs <shudder>. Poor, poor Nancy.

I don't like when the camera focuses on the backs of people's heads during testimony. Especially when they focus on the Rentz family members -- my goodness...allow them some peace & dignity WRAL cameraman!

Plus we miss evidence presentation when they do that and that greatly annoys me.

If your goal is to look more suspicious, then sure, not cooperating in full when your spouse goes missing, is one way to accomplish that. No, it's not illegal to not fully cooperate, but you should know that it will be noted.

And testified to in court. :clap:

SleuthyGal ..did you see my above post? Post 93? Thanks.

SleuthyGal.....I know you were in the court room last week...question. Can you elaborate on any differences you felt being in court is different from watching it online? Always hear how being in the court that the mood can't always be understood as much as being there. Just curious. Also, can you talk about how the jurors are reacting to any testimony. TIA

Hi Lori,

It's actually a bit more difficult to hear testimony when seeing it live in the courtroom than watching it online. Everyone's voices are much quieter and it seems like the mic feed goes more for the media. The room itself is smaller than it might appear online.

As for the mood...it's variable, depending on what is happening and who is testifying and whether the jury is in the room or not. Obviously things are more loose during breaks and people chat and are coming/going to the restroom.

I was only able to see a few jurors based on where I was sitting. They seem to be paying attention unless the presentation gets really long and drawn out then they, like everyone in the gallery, appear to get a bit antsy.

Decedent was face down, lower torso up in the ditch/canal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA