State v Bradley Cooper 3-21-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor- I can't remember where I saw it but something about a piece of straw in his car. (The agent today called it "hay" but I really believe he meant straw when he referred to the stuff put down in the area near where her body was found "like when somebody is trying to grow grass".) If they found a piece of straw in his car, that would be pretty darned incriminating.

Well..she was found in a area of new residential construction; that is, the roads were paved, lots marked off, and basic underground utilities installed. When I went to where she was found, I recall seeing hay/straw spread around various areas, probably to keep rain runoff from eroding the landscape. And the area was really a drainage pond for new construction.

Yes - I could see a piece of straw/hay being picked up there, for sure, but I don't recall ever hearing that rumor previously. It would be interesting to know if anyone else has info on that.

IMO

It doesn't sound like it was up to Brad whether the divorce was called off or not. She approached a lawyer, so she was going through with it regardless of Brad's reasons for preventing her from returning to Canada.

Actually it does. If both people don't agree to it, the process can drag out for a VERY long time. She had no money of her own so she really needed him to go along and make the process smooth.

We're heading into Day #9 of what may end up being a 40 day trial. (5 days a week x 8 weeks). If they hit Day #20 and don't have any 'hard' evidence then I'm really going to worry. In the meantime I'm cautiously optimistic that they have more than feelings/thoughts/impressions. Not that what people think and believe aren't valid, but juries need much more to convict. I think they're headed there...at least I hope they are.

ETA: and I hope BC smirking is merely because he's a narci jerk who finds this whole thing amusing versus knowing there isn't (enough) evidence to convict him.

We're heading into Day #9 of what may end up being a 40 day trial. (5 days a week x 8 weeks). If they hit Day #20 and don't have any 'hard' evidence then I'm really going to worry. In the meantime I'm cautiously optimistic that they have more than feelings/thoughts/impressions. Not that what people think and believe aren't valid, but juries need much more to convict. I think they're headed there...at least I hope they are.

ETA: and I hope BC smirking is merely because he's a narci jerk who finds this whole thing amusing versus knowing there isn't (enough) evidence to convict him.

To me the fact that she had two diamond earrings in her ears when they found her body when everything else except her sports bra which was rolled up backwards from someone raising it over her chest to expose her and nothing else is evidence that it was not a stranger murder.

Sleuthy, et al.....

Did CCBI testify today if they had the back of the earring they secured when they found Nancy Cooper?

One of the biggest things I took away from today is how you absolutely cannot rely on the media to keep you informed. The way they got the information on the earring 100% wrong was crazy! If people reading their report believe that, they will have a very skewed view of this investigation.

I don't know that the media got this wrong at all. The report of one earring came from the autopsy report, as that is exactly what the ME recovered. The media was not wrong about that. Today we learned that the other was collected from the body and placed in an evidence envelope before the body was ever sent to the ME. There is simply no way for the media or anyone outside of LE/lawyers to know what evidence was collected at the scene. We had not heard about the wires or the cigarette butt or any of the shoe collection pictures etc until trial either.

I can't blame the media for misleading people about the earring - we did it to ourselves and if that screams Brad is guilty, I just can't figure it.

Sleuthy, et al.....

Did CCBI testify today if they had the back of the earring they secured when they found Nancy Cooper?

I don't remember the backs of the earrings being mentioned by the ME who collected one earring or the agent who collected the other earring.

To me the fact that she had two diamond earrings in her ears when they found her body when everything else except her sports bra which was rolled up backwards from someone raising it over her chest to expose her and nothing else is evidence that it was not a stranger murder.

Why do you say that? Just curious.

I don't know that the media got this wrong at all. The report of one earring came from the autopsy report, as that is exactly what the ME recovered. The media was not wrong about that. Today we learned that the other was collected from the body and placed in an evidence envelope before the body was ever sent to the ME. There is simply no way for the media or anyone outside of LE/lawyers to know what evidence was collected at the scene. We had not heard about the wires or the cigarette butt or any of the shoe collection pictures etc until trial either.

I can't blame the media for misleading people about the earring - we did it to ourselves and if that screams Brad is guilty, I just can't figure it.

I was referring to today's report:

"She was wearing only a multi-colored sports bra and a set of earrings – one of which fell off and was lost while her body was being moved – he said."

That report was totally incorrect base on today's testimony. The earring wasn't lost. It was collected as evidence at the scene and entered today into evidence. It wasn't lost in transport.

Shades of Scott Peterson and Michael Peterson. Both were such narcissistic, arrogant men who thought they were smarter than LE and, at times, appeared to get a kick out of the entire thing.

I don't know that the media got this wrong at all. The report of one earring came from the autopsy report, as that is exactly what the ME recovered.

WRAL got it wrong in today's article relating testimony. They said that CCBI lost one of Nancy's earrings, which is counter to the testimony of seeing one earring loose and removing it so it wouldn't fall out and get lost.

OK. Thanks!

The more I think about that little exchange, I wonder what was so important to him that he started talking Kurtz' ear off...The photos were being shown to the jury, they were talking about the drainage basin, the top of the ditch bank, the yellow sheet covering Nancy, one showed her partially exposed, boots, the mud, etc.

Then he scribbles the note, hands it to someone behind him (paralegals?), smirks, and 5 seconds later the judge says they need to take a break for one of the jurors.

I dunno. I've watched it several times. Not sure what set off his little chat with Kurtz...

Conviction. IMHO.

Why do you say that? Just curious.

Someone attacking and killing and taking the time to remove all items on her person (except the sports bra that her husband described even before he knew that the body found was wearing nothing but a sports bra) would not leave valuable jewels behind when this stranger has no connection to the victim.

We have said it many times, but Willoughby has a track record of proceeding very cautiously, especially in high profile cases. I will be shocked if there is not some very compelling hard evidence Brad is indeed the killer. Based on Kurtz's opening about the state's computer evidence, I have the feeling there is something very incriminating that will be revealed. Something as simple as a google map aerial shot of Fielding Drive on that Saturday will place him at the scene of the crime(virtually).

Rumor- I can't remember where I saw it but something about a piece of straw in his car. (The agent today called it "hay" but I really believe he meant straw when he referred to the stuff put down in the area near where her body was found "like when somebody is trying to grow grass".) If they found a piece of straw in his car, that would be pretty darned incriminating.

If that was true, it would have come out today.

"She was wearing only a multi-colored sports bra and a set of earrings – one of which fell off and was lost while her body was being moved – he said."

That report was totally incorrect base on today's testimony. The earring wasn't lost. It was collected as evidence at the scene and entered today into evidence. It wasn't lost in transport.

Apparently the internet print reporter for WRAL was not following their own stream of the trial. That was a glaring mistake in their own report.

Someone attacking and killing and taking the time to remove all items on her person (except the sports bra that her husband described even before he knew that the body found was wearing nothing but a sports bra) would not leave valuable jewels behind when this stranger has no connection to the victim.

And I was wondering today about why they keep harping about the diamond necklace and then I remembered wasn't it like over $4000 or something and BC bought it for her and she loved it and wore it every day and then later they realized it was in BC's drawer. I guess they are setting this up to be that he was so upset about money that he removed that necklace after he strangled her and saved it so he could pawn it later for some cash. Like he didn't want to "waste" it on her and leave it there on her.

We have said it many times, but Willoughby has a track record of proceeding very cautiously, especially in high profile cases. I will be shocked if there is not some very compelling hard evidence Brad is indeed the killer. Based on Kurtz's opening about the state's computer evidence, I have the feeling there is something very incriminating that will be revealed. Something as simple as a google map aerial shot of Fielding Drive before the body was found will place him at the scene of the crime(virtually).

Thanks JTF. That's what I'm thinking too, esp since the defense is already hinting about 'tampering' when talking about the computers.

Well that will teach me to just listen to testimony and not worry about reading someone's words versus listening to what my own ears hear :D
I hadn't read any of the news reports, didn't need to. My bad, didn't realize there was a report this silly - have they corrected it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member