State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting. Nice to see your insight into him. Sounds familiar to other posters. Hmmm, why aren't there any friends from his past defending him?

I don't defend Brad because, if all these accounts are true, something must have really changed him post high-school. I knew a friendly, outgoing kid. I remember he had big dimples on his face and he smiled a lot. He really was an average kid from a very nice family. I never heard of, nor suspected, depression or suicidal thoughts. Believe me, in Medicine Hat everyone would know about a suicide attempt. I'm baffled as to what could so alter a person in early adulthood. It's truly amazing!

The only thing I can think of for relevance is that he knew as of Friday a.m. that she was going to paint on Saturday morning. She told CC and she told him and asked him to pick up the drop cloth.

Further manipulation. He was reading her emails and rather than confront her on knowing she was going painting and getting extra dough, make her wonder with a four dollar drop cloth how he knew she was going painting. Fits in with the rest of what he was doing. Doesn't fit with the murder plan. The guy would have googled and figured out fairly quickly that the drop cloth was not going to contain a 5'10 woman very well in the trunk of a 325i.

And you guys do realize how close to the end of the states case we are, right? This was their guy. (Det. J Young) This was their lead. There will be just a couple more folks to back up the technical side and that's it. They will rest. I know everyone keeps saying: It's a 4-8 week trial, but this is week 3 and the state's about to rest. And so far...they've just presented one big unfounded theory.

Cross your fingers for the FBI!

And you guys do realize how close to the end of the states case we are, right? This was their guy. (Det. J Young) This was their lead. There will be just a couple more folks to back up the technical side and that's it. They will rest. I know everyone keeps saying: It's a 4-8 week trial, but this is week 3 and the state's about to rest. And so far...they've just presented one big unfounded theory.

Cross your fingers for the FBI!

Well lots of people thought he was "the guy" until defense cross and suddenly he became Joe Cop assigned to minor details with no real responsibility for anything. Now we need to wait for actual information from Det. Daniels if we are to believe the testimony form yesterday.

Hi CalgaryGal!

Thank you for sharing your insights. They are quite helpful. I'm glad you got out of that relationship! I wish Nancy had been able to do the same.

Please keep posting your thoughts. Insight into the defendant is always a good thing.

Plus, it's quite noisy at night in NC, or at least I think so. The frogs/bugs/owls make plenty of noise around here. I rarely notice the sound of a car starting.

So true. I said as much when we first moved here. The incessant sound of crickets nearly drove me nuts. LOL I remember telling my husband I wanted some *normal* night sounds, sirens, drunks getting out of bars, buses, etc. We lived in the city before moving to Raleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz