State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why the def didn't get a REAL expert in the first place.

JMHO
fran

Can they prove that post was made by Jay himself? I could have made that account...

Boz is taking this to a level even he doesn't understand.

He is going to end up torpedoing the CTF testimony of CC.

4,700+ invalid timestamps?

Websleuth posting by JW now being discussed...

how were they able to verify it was actually jay ward on here? it could have been anybody posting as him. it sure sounded like him, but going through the registration process i think it coulda been anybody posing as him.

Wonder if Gessner if fixin' to melt down when he sees JW's posting?

And for those of you wondering if WS was being read....I think we have now answered our own question.

And for those of you wondering if WS was being read....I think we have now answered our own question.

Indeed. Is the defense indicating they knew about the posting?

If it was JW, that part about having told the defense up front about not being an expert in forensics, while perhaps honest, was not a helpful statement for his client.

how were they able to verify it was actually jay ward on here? it could have been anybody posting as him. it sure sounded like him, but going through the registration process i think it coulda been anybody posing as him.

Maybe they simply approached him about it after the information was made known to the court.

Mr. Scheck has been visited by CPD...

ETA: He's the one at Cisco that allowed JW to copy the CD.

Indeed. Is the defense indicating they knew about the posting?

If it was JW, that part about having told the defense up front about not being an expert in forensics, while perhaps honest, was not a helpful statement for his client.

The Defense did not attempt to tender him as an expert in computer forensics. So, I don't think that hurts the defense. He wasn't allowed to testify to things that would have been under the umbrella of Network Security.

So Mr. M examined both MFT tables derived (JW and FBI) ... will say they are the same (regardless of technique used), will point out different and/or additional conclusions.

The Defense did not attempt to tender him as an expert in computer forensics. So, I don't think that hurts the defense. He wasn't allowed to testify to things that would have been under the umbrella of Network Security.

My understanding was he could testify to matters of network security, but not anything forensic in nature. However, I am seeing none of the current argument so I don't know what's going on.

A question for the experts here. IF BC was at another location at the time of the SW, and IF LE left his computer on for another 24 hours or so, COULD BC have accessed his computer from a remote location?

Just wonderin'
fran

So BZ claims that he is unprepared to cross Mr. M, playing down his own knowledge - but what if judge had allowed JW to testify as a computer forensics expert? Is BZ saying he is not prepared to cross any computer forensics expert for the defense..? come on...

My understanding was he could testify to matters of network security, but not anything forensic in nature. However, I am seeing none of the current argument so I don't know what's going on.

That is accurate. However, it is an impossible line to draw. It meant that JW could not testify as to the significance of the FBI data.

Haha! Kurtz just said pros not ready to cross because they have not had the chance to see Mr. M's facebook page. LOL

He could but you would not see failed access attempts in the CSA log because BC knows all the passwords to all of the equipment.

I'm getting the impression there was something found -- from a computer forensic perspective -- that the state is afraid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500