State v Bradley Cooper 4-28-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
JP would not be charged for child support. The child was born into a valid marriage and would under law, be BC's legal child.

Who would think a wooden duck ( or is it ceramic or soapstone, because I have seen all three) could be used as a murder weapon? I can only thing of one poster here, and that would be me.....if it was ceramic, it would be broken. If wooden or soapstone, it could be used. IMHO Since it is not something that has come into evidence at this point, and it is not the most important part of the case, I will just let the ducks fly.

Where is everybody?! I'm ready to go! Anybody else get the feeling today might be very interesting?

Really? How do you explain the 3+ yrs it took for Jason Young to be arrested? Or the 5+ years it took for Ann Miller to be arrested? Or the 2 - 3 yrs it took for that Aboroa guy to be arrested?

Not to mention the paper delivery woman - no one has been arrested in that murder, and I'm sure she has a family who would love an arrest.

JP would not be charged for child support. The child was born into a valid marriage and would under law, be BC's legal child.

Is that really true of family law in NC? What happens if a DNA test proves otherwise?

In this case, given the hypothetical - not court ordered child support, just "hush" child support.

Is that really true of family law in NC? What happens if a DNA test proves otherwise?

I don't know about NC but I know it is true elsewhere. There was a case of a man fighting to not pay child support for a child after he and his wife divorced. DNA proved that he was not the father but the court ruled in the best interest of the child and said that a child born to a couple during a valid marriage is the child of the husband.

I believe any child born within a marriage is considered to be a product of the marriage in NC.

Really? How do you explain the 3+ yrs it took for Jason Young to be arrested? Or the 5+ years it took for Ann Miller to be arrested? Or the 2 - 3 yrs it took for that Aboroa guy to be arrested?

Exactly, you are making the case for me. With BC (unlike JY) PD arrested without enough evidence, and State went to trial with a flimsy case. Why wouldn't they take more time to build a stronger case ala JY? There has to be a reason for it - and pressure is as good as any.

I don't know about NC but I know it is true elsewhere. There was a case of a man fighting to not pay child support for a child after he and his wife divorced. DNA proved that he was not the father but the court ruled in the best interest of the child and said that a child born to a couple during a valid marriage is the child of the husband.

Quite honestly, I think that's a horrible law. It goes off the assumption that affairs (and potentially conception) do not happen during a marriage.

Pressure in the other direction on all of those but Ann Miller. No clue on her.

Is anyone else having problems with their abc go local feed today???

This article gives a good overview of defense witnesses before Wednesday. The reasons that JP is an alternate theory is because of the similar circumstances. I did a 40 week count, out of curiosity, and it's off by 2 weeks.

"They met in a downtown coffee shop to discuss a lawsuit his former wife, Kinde Rawlins, had filed against Heather MeTour, with whom Pearson and Brad Cooper had extramarital affairs."

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/04/27/1156207/cooper-trial-exposes-more-tales.html

I wonder what JP was telling Nancy in the context of his wife suing HM? Was he advising Nancy to do the same, in case she needed money? Was there something more to the conversation?

(should names in quotations be abbreviated?)

In JP's first police interview, he told police NC called him and asked to meet in person to discuss something. (On the stand, JP flipped it and said he was the one that wanted to meet in person). That may have no significance, but I thought it was interesting.

I wonder if JP's wife was planning to pull NC into this lawsuit too? Is it possible she wanted to show that both NC and HM should be sued for A of A?

Have a close friend here in Wake County, NC who discovered his wife had been cheating on him, and he questioned the paternity of his second child. His attorney told him a DNA test wouldn't make any difference due to the child being born in the marriage.

On a side note, he told me he didn't even need his wife's permission for the test, and he could do it himself. Since he had joint custody, he would just have to swab the child and himself and send it off for testing.

He didn't go through with the test. He decided it didn't matter, and he didn't want to know. He loved that child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner