State v Bradley Cooper 4-28-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question for those who care to answer: why do you think the Rentz family believes Brad is the killer of Nancy?

Yes, things were tense in that marriage and yes, they knew Nancy wanted out.

You saw both of them on the stand, in testimony. They seem like compassionate, decent, caring people. They celebrated Brad's graduation at the end of 2007, threw a party for him.

But do you really believe they want an innocent man in prison?

I would encourage everyone who hasn't to take a look at the video here.

Its much more apparent in the video that she is not wearing the necklace.

gracielee will be very proud of you. I have a feeling she's on her 10th time reading this with a big grin on her face. Just made her day.

:great:

:dance:

:clap:

:D:

gthanks:

:skip:

And just because this is one of my favorites,

:bigfight:

I think we can all agree that the prosecution needs to come up with something quick to make the defense look foolish for some of this testimony. But the defense needs to stop delaying the trial further by these last minute witnesses because the jury is ready to deliberate.

IMO BC may get off because of the slow moving, really boring testimony of what a bad relationship they had. Too many friends testified, that just wasn't necessary to put everyone at the party on the stand!
I have watched everything and have been on WS every day since before the trial. I am so very disappointed and my heart aches for Nancy. I drive by Lochmere all the time and I am so involved with justice for her that I think about her every time I pass those places. It's a very eerie feeling pulling into that same HT parking lot knowing that all that stuff could have just been dumped in that dumpster there.

I am not going to sit here and dig up all the CE that has been presented and get beaten up for it. I am going to agree that this trial is a mess and will hope the jurors do the best they can with the information received and give it their best shot. Totally sucks a guy's life depends on people who are so in a rush to get back to their lives. :(

IMO Karma will get him and it won't be pretty if he walks away from this trial a free man.

Serious question for those who care to answer: why do you think the Rentz family believes Brad is the killer of Nancy?

You saw both of them on the stand, in testimony. They seem like compassionate, decent, caring people. They celebrated Brad's graduation at the end of 2007, threw a party for him.

I feel they still believe he murdered their daughter, and they may always feel that way. If he is found not guilty, their interaction with BC will be far from over due to the custody situation. I don't know if they would fight him for custody but I feel they would. I don't think they would be happy thinking an innocent man was in prison as I feel they are very nice, decent and caring people. I will always remember what Nancy's mom said to him the day of the memorial service when she peered under his ball cap whispered those words to him.

I agree. It is very sad for them, but they are with people who love them very much and well cared for. I hope, if BC is found not guilty he will be able to get his kids back but still have NC's family involved with them.

If BC is acquitted he'll get his girls back. I would also hope that BC and the family can mend ties at least to the extent that those girls can spend time with NC's family since they have been the primary caretakers for almost 3 years and I'm sure those bonds are strong.

Simple answer: They saw the pain in her face during their vacation and knew she needed to get out of there and come back to Canada with those kids, but she was trapped and there was nothing they could do to help because he would not do a separation agreement so she had to stick around and try to figure out how else she could get back there. That's why the boxes were never unpacked that whole time, she was figuring out how to get out of there.

This is the defense teams turn to present their case they are supposed to be calling witnesses. The one witness in question that would have been new for the defense was not able to testify. The Prosecution team is trying to enter new witnesses and testimony. If there is delay and prolonging of the trial you should look at them.

If BC is acquitted he'll get his girls back. I would also hope that BC and the family can mend ties at least to the extent that those girls can spend time with NC's family since they have been the primary caretakers for almost 3 years and I'm sure those bonds are strong.

If he is acquitted, I feel like he'll immediately move back to Canada. I have no idea if Cisco is holding his job for him. He has such few friends here, no house, no life actually, that I think he would go back to Medicine Hat for at least a while. However, since the custody for the children was decided in the US, would they, the R. family and BC, have to come back to North Carolina to revisit that issue in court or could it be done in Canada if he tries to regain custody?

I don't really feel comfortable talking about them at all really. But I do think it's possible that as the case has progressed they may be having doubts. JMO

These are interesting comments but none of them actually answered my question, so let me ask only one question and keep it simple.

Why do you think the Rentz family believes Brad murdered Nancy?

(remember Mr. Rentz said, upon learning Nancy was missing, to his wife, "I don't think this story is going to have a happy ending.")

If he is acquitted, I feel like he'll immediately move back to Canada. I have no idea if Cisco is holding his job for him. He has such few friends here, no house, no life actually, that I think he would go back to Medicine Hat for at least a while. However, since the custody for the children was decided in the US, would they, the R. family and BC, have to come back to North Carolina to revisit that issue in court or could it be done in Canada if he tries to regain custody?

I don't know the legal answers to your question, but if I were in his shoes, I would get the heck out of this country the first chance I could and never return.

This is the defense teams turn to present their case they are supposed to be calling witnesses. The one witness in question that would have been new for the defense was not able to testify. The Prosecution team is trying to enter new witnesses and testimony. If there is delay and prolonging of the trial you should look at them.

I'm pretty sure the ADA said today that the Cisco guy the state wants to call is on their witness list. I'm also pretty sure the judge made a point to tell the ADA that he better be able to show that the Cisco guy's testimony is rebuttal and not new.

I'm pretty sure the ADA said today that the Cisco guy the state wants to call is on their witness list. I'm also pretty sure the judge made a point to tell the ADA that he better be able to show that the Cisco guy's testimony is rebuttal and not new.

And the ornithologist? And the Cisco guy's testimony would only be rebuttal to the state's own witness testimony as they were the ones who asserted what kind of routers would be needed to make the call and that those routers were not found in the house nor ever found and that there was no real way to account for that equipment being at Cisco or anywhere else.

So A "good" custodian of the children would assure all members of the family see the kids, right? How many times have BC's parents been allowed time with the kids? Does that make NC's parents "bad" custodians, or are we talking about another double standard here?

Honestly I don't know the answer to your question. Do you have the answer? How many times have BC's parents requested visitation? I don't know.

I'm in my Pollyanna mode hoping everyone connected to those children should be/is doing what's best for the kiddos...

Obviously this is an emotional issue for you, and I respect that. I can't respond to what "has been," I can only hope for a child-centered future.

I would encourage everyone who hasn't to take a look at the video here.

Its much more apparent in the video that she is not wearing the necklace.

Thanks so much for this link. Watching it again cleared up a great debate going on this forum this morning.

1. NC scanned her VIC card first thing (normal for self check out)
2. She paid cash

Not even going to comment on the necklace debate...the video speaks for itself.

These are interesting comments but none of them actually answered my question, so let me ask only one question and keep it simple.

(remember Mr. Rentz said, upon learning Nancy was missing, to his wife, "I don't think this story is going to have a happy ending.")

I'd rather ask them after the trial. Do you think they got a preview of the defense? No.

Pros case was well known.

KL became best buddies with the "group" and I have no doubt most of that sentiment stuck with the Rentz in the absence of anyone around them to contradict it.

Well, they knew she was terribly unhappy in that marriage and wanted to move in with K.L. And who else in the world, other than a complete stranger on her run, would have motive other than Brad. I still find it extremely hard to imagine that somebody grabbed her on a run, I actually will never believe that unless somebody comes forward in the next 25 years and confesses to it out of the blue. And no, I will never believe either that JA did it.

I believe that the new witness is an ornithologist that they added late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname