State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were they a student?

The point is, IMHO, NC THOUGHT she needed BC to take care of the matter so she could get a social security card or a green card. Her residency in the U.S. was based on her LIVING and being MARRIED to BC. Her father has testified to what NC believed.

JMHO
fran

No, he had just married a US citizen and was here on a temp visa (until the green card process was approved - which it never was because he ended up bailing on my friend). So his residency (my friend) was similar to NC's in that he was living in US due to marriage (only).

Not only that, it was a whole day later after NC's body had been found. BC had not told her and appeared to have no intention of doing so. NC's sister had to do it.

Actually, he just testified that BC tried to but she was too distracted to listen. After 10 mins, Mr. Rentz suggested he take care of it because they had to leave for the memorial.

What is the defense's explanation of the 22 second call from the house line to BC's cell phone, I think, at 6:07am? Is BC home at the time? I assume this covered in opening statements.(?)

IIRC the defense ( or Brad said) he was trying to locate his phone??

Not only that, it was a whole day later after NC's body had been found. BC had not told her and appeared to have no intention of doing so. NC's sister had to do it.

Well, i can see why he would be avoiding that conversation. As a parent, he should have been the one to do it, but I understand nevertheless. Horrible.

My heart breaks for all of them. One of the saddest moments of any trial I've watched. :(

No, he had just married a US citizen and was here on a temp visa (until the green card process was approved - which it never was because he ended up bailing on my friend). So his residency (my friend) was similar to NC's in that he was living in US due to marriage (only).

The difference between the two is, your friend was married to a U.S. citizen.

NC was married to a 'legal' immigrant here on a work visa.

I doubt the circumstances for NC would be handled the same, IMHO.

JMHO
fran

I so agree BR..His demeanor personifies "Gentleman"!!!

He comes off as someone (whether true or not) as one who perhaps wanted to give BC every benefit of the doubt, unlike a majority of her friends.

The difference between the two is, your friend was married to a U.S. citizen.

NC was married to a 'legal' immigrant here on a work visa.

I doubt the circumstances for NC would be handled the same, IMHO.

JMHO
fran

Excellent point.

I have to go. keep good notes. ill check in on my phone.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
For anyone having buffering problems with #CooperTrial video, WRAL webmaster says the video is fine. Problem is bandwidth on users' end.

Jumping in quickly to say I had an out of town medical appointment this morning and missed the morning testimony for the most part. Thank you all for your posts, you made it easy to catch up.

What's the point of BC's atty objecting but then telling him to answer?

Ms. Stubbs needed to put some infliction in her voice...I'm about to fall asleep!

Can somebody call the closest movie theater to the courthouse and order up some popcorn for the jury? Movie time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname