State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-14-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if only CSI agents could psychically know which items to collect so lots of things would not need to be tested with no results found. Cause really...it just bores people to have to hear about it during a trial.

Sorry, I was unaware an emergency exit was a "high traffic area" :waitasec:

I do know that rocks in remote landscape beds (NO traffic area) don't skip over 4 feet, onto the sidewalk.

Are you suggesting that the side door to the hotel, regularly occupied by 35 - 49 people, the door with keycard access for occupant convenience, was never used?

Yeah, if only CSI agents could psychically know which items to collect so lots of things would not need to be tested with no results found. Cause really...it just bores people to have to hear about it during a trial.

There no point in hearing about information that is not connected to the murder.

That bush had the same size twigs. LOL

Perhaps a horticulturalist can tell us about how plants change in 5-6 years, and we should probably have some information about how this officer choose his twig.

Don't assume that is the case, just based on one poster's opinion.
Last time the DNA did not match JLY.
We will see this time if it matches Elmer.

That was my opinion. I think he did it, I hope the state can prove it this time. moo:seeya:

Can someone refresh my memory... back in the first trial, I seem to remember someone from the hotel saying that the door had been found propped open multiple times in the months before the murder. Am I remembering that correctly?

One thing to keep in mind is that JY murdered his wife, a fact he didn't choose to contest in civil court, which is also a fact. Hopefully the gaps in evidence will not be so great that he gets away with it.

Can someone refresh my memory... back in the first trial, I seem to remember someone from the hotel saying that the door had been found propped open multiple times in the months before the murder. Am I remembering that correctly?

No.
Elmer said some kids moved it up >10 years earlier.
No mention at all of a propped door.

The manager was unclear, she said kids moved the camera "several years" earlier.

Elmer seemed to be sharper than the manager with his testimony, imo.
The manager was scatterbrained, imo.

Jay should have said he sawed off a branch :floorlaugh:

Is the pros going to go over this door all day???? JMO IMO MOO

We have seen and heard all of this before. Makes me wonder if she is reaching IYKWIM

Is the pros going to go over this door all day???? JMO IMO MOO

We have seen and heard all of this before. Makes me wonder if she is reaching IYKWIM

this is huge evidence...destroys Jay's story of using a "twig" to block that heavy steel door from closing.

This door and that twig story were points of confusion and conjecture not only for the first jury but for many people. During the first trial they did not have enough photos. They are impeaching every thing JY said from his 1st trial, now that his "story" is on the record.

To me they can't emphasize these points enough! As we saw yesterday, unless facts are pounded into many people's heads several times, they simply don't remember and can't seem to retain more than what they heard 30 min before, and even then...the info gets missed, misconstrued, etc.

Question: I have seen on here that Jason's testimony from trial 1 can be used to impeach him. My question, can that only happen if JY takes the stand in this trial? If he does not take the stand then we will not hear about the twig or the cigar etc. Is that correct or can his past testimony be confronted any other way then if he takes the stand?

this is huge evidence...destroys Jay's story of using a "twig" to block that heavy steel door from closing.

I get what you are saying, I just wonder if the jury won't feel insulted by her presentation of this over and over again. This is just my opinion. :)

Question: I have seen on here that Jason's testimony from trial 1 can be used to impeach him. My question, can that only happen if JY takes the stand in this trial? If he does not take the stand then we will not hear about the twig or the cigar etc. Is that correct or can his past testimony be confronted any other way then if he takes the stand?

GJ, they can use every word of his prior testimony, regardless.

They can replay his entire testimony on video.

I originally posted this last night but it was very late because I am on the west coast and I just wanted to see what yall think about it so I am re-posting. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/innocent1.gif

I wish the prosecution would make this point more clear because I feel like it is a subtle thing at the same time it is not... IMO of course but what I feel is similar to Casey Anthony burying Caylee where her family buried all their pets... to me that face tied her to the crime scene like some sort of unconscious behavior...

For that same reason is why I feel that the missing jewelry box ties him to the crime scene. A family friend made that jewelry box and JY step father Gerald worked for the man that made that jewelry box in Brevard. Jason wanted to take that jewelry box IMO not so much necessarily the contents. I am speculating but it is just another hinky to me.

A close friend of MY stated that there are other things too but the prosecution are not bringing up... this is her quote "fwiw my friends & I know that he did this....there are some things that I don't understand why they haven't been discussed at trial..."

This door and that twig story were points of confusion and conjecture not only for the first jury but for many people. During the first trial they did not have enough photos. They are impeaching every thing JY said from his 1st trial, now that his "story" is on the record.

To me they can't emphasize these points enough! As we saw yesterday, unless facts are pounded into many people's heads several times, they simply don't remember and can't seem to retain more than what they heard 30 min before, and even then...the info gets missed, misconstrued, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this jury did not get to hear JY's testimony right? I hope not. How can he be impeached? This is a new trial? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member