State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-22-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen Kelly Siegler in action (on TV) and there's no way he would have dominated her during cross. Just no way.

He didn't fight for custody of CY because of money.

Yeah, COA was more important than having custody of his daughter, is the bottom line.

JMHO
fran

BIG LIE: "didn't have the financial resources to fight the legal custody issue"

Ummm nope. Mom was able to put up $900K worth of property. He had a 401K fund. There was plenty of money!

How much does it cost to show up and do a depo? A few thousand at most?

I'm wondering how many times he needed to take a drink of water during cross vs direct. As badly as some think she's doing, she's still bothering Jason.

Hindsight being 20-20, David Saacks should have handled this cross.
A man to man encounter would have been much been more effective.
Jay is a pro at dominating and controlling women...including BH.

Please tell me you all are watching the first trial on video and re-discussing the first time BH cross examined JY.
Please tell me this isn't happening again.

JY is smart. He doesn't contradict anything he knows there has been testimony regarding.

His not speaking to the police was so beneficial to him and very detrimental to the prosecution.

Amazing

He is very smart. He sits in court taking constant notes - he shows no emotion but is paying extreme diligent attention to everything. There is no doubt in my mind he knows this case word for word, and every bit of evidence to the nth degree, better than his attorneys.

I would not be surprised if he testifies again. I think he has comebacks for everything. I bet he wants to, but I wonder if the defense will let him. Although it's ultimately his choice...

True, his lies don't change even if the questions being asked are weak.

As to the excuse they (the state) didn't know he would take the stand I say "no excuses." They should have had a dream list of 500+ questions they wanted to ask. They should have had a couple ADAs going through the questions as he testified, to find and check off the questions that would relate to his direct testimony.

Linda Drane Burdick had such a list ready in case Casey Anthony took the stand! She's also able to think quickly on her feet, which I think is absolutely essential.

I love love love Linda, and I am not at all a fan of BH in this case but to be fair look at all the ammunition LDB had collected over the years to prepare for the chance that CA would take the stand. JY had said nothing to anyone before he testified. BH heard it that morning and had to do her cross after lunch. A lot to digest. I just hope and pray PT are armed and ready this time with their lists power points etc. to get justice for MY, RY and the Fishers.

BIG LIE: "didn't have the financial resources to fight the legal custody issue"

Ummm nope. Mom was able to put up $900K worth of property. He had a 401K fund. There was plenty of money!

How much does it cost to show up and do a depo? A few thousand at most?

He & momma had plenty of money for all those trips/vacations they took, though.

Gah. I've been so busy and missed the start of the retrial. Let me back read.

I bet he called her a b-word or other choice name every single time he reached for that cup or took a drink.

JY appears to have had the upper hand throughout this entire cross examination. He is the force, he has the last word about everything BH asks, he corrects her, she isn't bearing down on him whatsoever or following through with her line of questioning. I think listening and watching this time makes me more angry than it did the first time. Last year I continued to think there will be a big bang coming--and it never did. Sure hope the prosecution has worked out all the kinks and will kick his butt regarding his testimony this go round.

This is surreal for me because of similarities between JLY and ex. TMI to deflect, last word, correcting her, etc. It makes me plumb dizzy to listen to him!

I can relate to this female prosecutor. I'll bet she was mentally exhausted afterwards.

I am watching for the first time and feeling angry myself.

MOO

wm

Hindsight being 20-20, David Saacks should have handled this cross.
A man to man encounter would have been much been more effective.
Jay is a pro at dominating and controlling women...including BH.

I don't think the problem is that JY was able to dominate BH. The problem is that BH kept trying to catch JY in a lie, he would answer with a seemingly reasonable explanation, and then she would move on to another question without challenging any of his responses.

His body language is even different in cross than it was in direct. He's leaned forward, right up to the microphone, like fire away baby... and he's throwing it right back at her... She needs to slow down, breathe, and get control of this cross....He's cunning....scarey how smooth and effortless these lies are flowing!

Isnt she the texas lawyer???
She worked for the State of Texas, yes, IIRC. She does consulting now too, and IMO, the PT should have hired her to show them how to cross like her - a barracuda. She's amazing.

IMO

"Yes maam, as has already been testified...." - he is disrespectful toward Becky. This is his real personality.

It's not just her umms and uhhs and weak questioning - it's her seeming lack of emotion and those loooong pauses that leave the jury with time to study the ceiling tiles in-between questions. Makes her seem unprepared and inexperienced.

Isnt she the texas lawyer???

She's an ex-prosecutor from TX, now in private practice. You can see videos of her in action on YouTube. Also, 48 hours profiled her and one of her infamous cases (the Susan Wright trial) and that full episode is online as well. She was a no-holds barred, fearless prosecutor. I personally think her videos should be required viewing for learning direct and cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim