State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we watching the same trial??????

tarheel,

I believe JY is guilty as hell, but the same team of <modsnip> is still leading the Prosecution team. I would have thought if the state was really sure that they could get a guilty verdict in a second trial they would have put a new pros. team on the case, and/or presented more compelling evidence, and explain it better this time around.

The entire timeline is full of holes that are just gaping. They needed to draw the picture of the theory of the crime, and fill in all the blanks.

For example:

Show how visually that JY could both unplug and tilt a camera without being seen at least twice. Don't leave it to a jury to figure out how it was not only possible but probable.

State that JY got gas somewhere after King, but before his meeting, they could not find, instead of just leaving it hanging. Any juror with a pen and paper and 8th grade math can figure out that JY could not make his meeting without more gas, so acknowledge the fact instead of trying to hide it.

State the JY and only JY committed the crime as charged, without help, and elucidate and show how he might have planted the size 10's without even putting the shoes on.

Point out how CB altered her testimony.

Don't show the tape of JY's testimony, with their insipid cross examination. Try to make him get his butt into the witness box, by not showing it.

In fact in some ways the PT was even worse this time and they we pretty bad last time. Last time it was 8-4 for acquittal.

I have no idea how this jury will do, but I'm not hopeful for an outright conviction. But jury's are funny, maybe this one buys everything the PT is selling....

The camera thing, like, how did he? is not reasonable doubt to me, because he didn't have to be on camera to tilt it up, and it takes all of two seconds to slip on a pair of gloves beforehand.

Watching Jason's testimony, I was struck by how slick and well polished he seems to be, and watching him at the defense table, I don't peg him for stupid - a phony who murdered his wife and unborn son, yes, but not stupid. My personal opinion is that he was smart enough to wear gloves when handling the camera.

IMO

Cammy, do you have your rebuttal prepared yet, or did I miss it.

Re: Ms. Beaver's testimony. I did not watch the first trial. I don't really care what she said the first time around. I only care about what she said during this trial.

To me, she came off as rigidly fixated in "her story". She was bordering on anger and was clearly exasperated at having any aspect of her story questioned.
Also, the "getting mad" and "getting insulted" when being questioned by detectives working a MURDER investigation of one of her NEIGHBORS seems a bit disingenious to me. Their JOB is to question your memory, to ask the same question again and again. To ask for the same information a different way. To me, the reaction she described herself as having told me more about her than it did about the investigators.

Okay, so this is her story and she's sticking to it. She was going 20 miles an hour down this road on a very dark night. She has her high beams on and a car is sitting backed into a driveway - which puts the car at a 90 degree angle or thereabouts to her car, right? And that car also has its headlights on. Oh, and there were lights on in the house. And were there any lights on those driveway pillars?

I do NOT believe this witness could have seen into that car clearly enough or for long enough at that speed and with those light conditions to be observing "hair moving" or a ring on a finger. (Which, granted she said at this time she is unsure about the ring. But apparently at one point in the past she mentioned it to detectives as a bright, shiny wedding ring.) And "light from the dashboard inside the car"?

I also do not think this witness is deliberately providing false testimony. I think she has "bought into" her own story. And will tell it this way from now until next never.

I know. It's strange. But I've known people like this. Sat and listened to them tell a story that they truly believe, when I was there for the event and KNOW it didn't happen that way. Go figure!

I listened to her testimony also and had the same reaction. She also testified that she saw the stack of papers which caused her to think that they were delivering papers. so if they were, if you believe her testimony, how does that exonerate the slayer? A couple of newspaper guys had backed into the Youngs driveway..Umm so! Did I misunderstand?

HC should have had CB read her first testimony about the newspaper man and then show her the map. I agree he did a lousy job with that. Instead of proving what she said, he argued with her.

Yes, he most certainly did. I just hope he didn't blow the entire case. He not only argued with her, he tried to beat her up! Not a good thing for the PT. What is wrong with him?

It's very possible this could also go down to who gives the most powerful closing argument.......

PS, don't read GOLO, it is etxra insane today.

I found out very quickly during the first few days of the BC trial that GOLO was NOT a place I want to spend my time.

I am waiting for those size 12 Orbital HP to come flying in with the owl from Peterson's case and the ducks in the Cooper trial.

I don't see any cheer leading.... We all have different opinions...

yes we certainly do and thank you for pointing this out.

if someone believes JY is innocent they have every right to believe that and post their opinion (which includes of course their feelings on how the attorneys are doing)

if someone believes JY is guilty they have every right to believe that and post their opinion (which includes of course their feelings on how the prosecution is doing)

we may not all agree but we can all play nice and be respectful to one another. Thanks for your post SteelerGirl

Re: Ms. Beaver's testimony. I did not watch the first trial. I don't really care what she said the first time around. I only care about what she said during this trial.

To me, she came off as rigidly fixated in "her story". She was bordering on anger and was clearly exasperated at having any aspect of her story questioned.
Also, the "getting mad" and "getting insulted" when being questioned by detectives working a MURDER investigation of one of her NEIGHBORS seems a bit disingenious to me. Their JOB is to question your memory, to ask the same question again and again. To ask for the same information a different way. To me, the reaction she described herself as having told me more about her than it did about the investigators.

Okay, so this is her story and she's sticking to it. She was going 20 miles an hour down this road on a very dark night. She has her high beams on and a car is sitting backed into a driveway - which puts the car at a 90 degree angle or thereabouts to her car, right? And that car also has its headlights on. Oh, and there were lights on in the house. And were there any lights on those driveway pillars?

I do NOT believe this witness could have seen into that car clearly enough or for long enough at that speed and with those light conditions to be observing "hair moving" or a ring on a finger. (Which, granted she said at this time she is unsure about the ring. But apparently at one point in the past she mentioned it to detectives as a bright, shiny wedding ring.) And "light from the dashboard inside the car"?

I also do not think this witness is deliberately providing false testimony. I think she has "bought into" her own story. And will tell it this way from now until next never.

I know. It's strange. But I've known people like this. Sat and listened to them tell a story that they truly believe, when I was there for the event and KNOW it didn't happen that way. Go figure!

I believe her 100%

Yes, he most certainly did. I just hope he didn't blow the entire case. He not only argued with her, he tried to beat her up! Not a good thing for the PT. What is wrong with him?

He needs to be put to pasture. However, today has been his finest day ever that I've seen in both this trial and the BC trial. He was absolutely brilliant today by comparison.

I agree, and it is very sad that he is argumentative with that condescending voice. He irritates me.

Must have missed the big bombshell. Does this guy owe JLY a refund?

I was thinking this too. I think he deserves a full refund or at least a partial one. I was dumbfounded when the DT finished w this witness..that's it? I thought I read on this thread maybe the DT had something HUGE up their sleeve...not today they didn't. IMO. Perhaps, tomorrow, but I don't think they have anything now that they didn't already have last go around. IMO

Jmo moo moo

Catching up on testimony and have been watching the cross of PY and as much as I feel bad for admitting this, I am kind of enjoying it. I feel bad for the families of everyone involved, BUT I think PY is protecting and possibly hiding information and after all these years of watching this case and the painful cross from the last trial of both her and JY, and her participation in keeping MF and LF from CF, this feels like it is ABOUT TIME for her to have to answer tough questions!! She's not so sweet when she is being called out is she??

yes we certainly do and thank you for pointing this out.

if someone believes JY is innocent they have every right to believe that and post their opinion (which includes of course their feelings on how the attorneys are doing)

if someone believes JY is guilty they have every right to believe that and post their opinion (which includes of course their feelings on how the prosecution is doing)

we may not all agree but we can all play nice and be respectful to one another. Thanks for your post SteelerGirl

I know I get a little carried away sometimes, but I am so passionate about this case, as we all are.

I want to thank you and Fran and the other Mods for allowing us to have our say.

You all have shown more than fairness to those of us not in the majority, not all forums are like this, trust me.

I love WS , it was not just sheer luck I found my way here....

I just wish I had been here sooner!!

:)

The camera thing, like, how did he? is not reasonable doubt to me, because he didn't have to be on camera to tilt it up, and it takes all of two seconds to slip on a pair of gloves beforehand.

Watching Jason's testimony, I was struck by how slick and well polished he seems to be, and watching him at the defense table, I don't peg him for stupid - a phony who murdered his wife and unborn son, yes, but not stupid. My personal opinion is that he was smart enough to wear gloves when handling the camera.

IMO

But not smart enough to wear different shoes at the house IF he killed his wife.... I would never kill anyone or try to plan a murder, but if I did different shoes that I would never wear would be one of the first things I planned..

I agree, and it is very sad that he is argumentative with that condescending voice. He irritates me.

If he had questioned PY and CB without being argumentative/condescending I think it would have been fine. That kind of attitude makes me automatically jump into defensive mode on behalf of the person on the receiving end of it. Especially when they have no choice but to put up with it.

But not smart enough to wear different shoes at the house IF he killed his wife.... I would never kill anyone or try to plan a murder, but if I did different shoes that I would never wear would be one of the first things I planned..

I also would have bought the shoes with cash and not used my DSW rewards card.

I have no earthly idea (anyone else know)??? (might I say tho that I truly love your cow tongue avatar!)

Sorry.

At Wral each day when they print a story on the case, they open it up for comments.

All I can say is sit back and be prepared for anything !!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member