State vs Jason Lynn Young 6-20-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed 1/2 hour! :(

I'll try to find out what was said later.

fran

They were discussing not locating the hush puppy shoes, and this witness contacted JLY, I believe he was working in S.C. at the time, met him with his mother present to check out what shoes he was wearing. Brown, dress up/lace up shoes. He'd checked the storage facility, etc., looking for the Hush Puppy shoes, to no avail. hth

I noticed all of her 'umms' on the first day of the trial, with the first witness. Couldn't help but think that Cummings was her mentor.

I, um, did and um, thought the very, um, same, NCEast -- she's, um, good, but that, um, would really, um, make her delivery, um, much more polished, confident and, um, hard-hitting when, um, she needs to, um, be.

For some reason, I just can't get into this trial. It seems so low key and I am worried about the lack of some of the state's evidence. I know he's guilty as heck and pray the jury will do the right thing.

Actually, it's trials like this that are interesting to me. The point is, you have to look ~between the lines!~

You just saw his ALIBI of the purse purchase THROWN OUT THE WINDOW!

He told everyone he'd ORDERED the purse. The detective just said, 'NO PURCHASE WAS MADE FROM THAT COMPUTER!'

they did this during the Peterson case. MOST people missed the point, when witness after witness testified they worked the day in question at the docks and and the def said he talked to this person and that person. No ONE talked to him because he was NOT there.

JMHO
fran

B.H. needs a double or triple espresso. She is missing opportunities to highlight important details because she sounds like she's doing direct in her sleep. Spivey is low key as well. They need to hammer this home, how thorough their investigation was, how many avenues they explored, how hard they looked for his clothes, shoes and those were never found. They need Spivey to opine on why JLY was a suspect and why Spivey believes he killed his wife, just like they did with Det. Daniels. Juries pay attention to those things.

Most interesting thing to me this morning, Meredith's cell phone number written on the page for Southern VA/NC in the ATLAS. Knew he'd need it to call her to "rescue" Cassidy and find Michelle's body when he was on the road?

Actually, it's trials like this that are interesting to me. The point is, you have to look ~between the lines!~

He told everyone he'd ORDERED the purse. The detective just said, 'NO PURCHASE WAS MADE FROM THAT COMPUTER!'

they did this during the Peterson case. MOST people missed the point, when witness after witness testified they worked the day in question at the docks and and the def said he talked to this person and that person. No ONE talked to him because he was NOT there.

JMHO
fran

You are right Fran and I do enjoy catching the 'bloopers' such as the purse. I think it's the tone of the voices--the judge and BH in this case that nearly put me to sleep. I just need more animation and a bit of enthusiasm, or something, that I am just not getting.
I also like the old timey preachers who step on my toes every Sunday morning :)

JMHO
fran

fran, that's why you are good at relaying the facts on this group. I simply make mental notes of these things, nod to myself, because they are things I'd heard before, noted their significance, and then *assume* everybody else did the same. So by the time they are testified to, in court, they sort of slide right by me, cause it's one more nail in the circumstantial coffin. I forget that *everybody* hasn't heard this before, etc.

Testimony about EBay searches. Coach Bags.........two purses looked at in more detail. 2 of 7 dark brown Coach handbag and second Coach signature bag......when auction ended.............first one, 11/2 at 16:24 PST 7:24 Eastern 11/2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,second bag.........17:00 PST 2000 EST 8:pm

NO bids made! by def or bids by anybody? NO bids by that home computer~ :liar:

SUBTERFUGE = ALIBI! :eek:

morning break, 'til 20 min quarter of 12

ETA, LOL, I don't know why that smiley is at the 2000 :)

RBM

In JTF's terms, Busted!!

Please keep posts ON TOPIC for this thread.

This thread is about the trial of Jason Young, for the murder of his dear wife Michelle and their unborn child.

Thanks,
fran
:)

there's all of these phone calls to MM and Meredith, yet he couldn't phone his appt and say he'd be late because he was lost. He said he had no phone service. :rolleyes:

CROSS!

ETA.............ok, so he called Michelle at work that day too! Well, S Peterson called Laci's voice mail too! YOUR POINT?! :mad:

fran

3 hrs of lackluster direct.

I'm disappointed. Should've had more punch to it. Hopefully the jury stayed awake and caught all of it.

IMO, Judge Stephens shouldn't have to have been the one to point out the exact information about the phone calls. Clarify that 'these 28 calles between JLY and PY all occured between 7 and 1:00, sorry, don't recall the exact seconds. But as you all have been saying, this DA and this detective aren't being *clear* and *conscise* enough to draw attention to the importance of the FACTS IMO.

While there were complaints about DA's and Detectives in previous cases, IMO *that* is how testimony is supposed to be done, to show the jury which are the most important, relavent facts in the case. It's the prosecutions responsibility to point these things out CLEARLY. Juries are peopled not by listeners like us, who have extreme interest in crime/s.

Please keep posts ON TOPIC for this thread.

This thread is about the trial of Jason Young, for the murder of his dear wife Michelle and their unborn child.

Thanks,
fran
:)

You heard Fran here! Stay on topic and quit being snarky to each other or I will start recommending TOs.

No BICKERING!

Salem

I am thinking an exhibit would have been most helpful here to tie all of this together.

LOL, you gotta love the irony here!

The def attorney is VERIFYING all of his phone calls and where they were bouncing off of!

The pros can then remind the jury, during CLOSING, of WHY? Jason told his appt he didn't call her to say he'd be late! He SAID he had 'no phone service.' :rolleyes:

Sorry, LOL, gotta love it!

just sayin'
fran

IMO, Det. Spivey could have made this much more clear - if left to tell about the investigation on his own. Man, hope they're taking notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner