State vs Jason Lynn Young 6-22-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was significant blood and DNA in this case, but it didn't point to anyone specifically. The hair? Was MY's. The blood? Was MY's. The footprints? Were in MY's blood. Ah but there is something that links JLY--his HP shoes that he did own. You have to believe someone else wore those very DSW HP shoes to commit the murder.

2 random ciggy butts, a hair on a picture frame, and lots of toddler footprints in mommy's blood. Very bloody crime scene, which makes people feel more comfortable, if you will, that a murder actually did occur in the home.

Victim is likeable because she was a hard working professional pregnant woman holding down a full time job and not labeled as anything but a good mom/daughter/sister/friend. Not a heavy drinker, didn't shop a lot, and therefore she was seen as a real victim.

Everything is circumstantial in this case.

There's a lot of circumstances. Too many to be coincidental, IMHO.

I'm of the opinion that it's difficult, if not impossible, for a parent to be responsible for their adult children's decisions, and disagree that most parents of murderers are enablers. I agree that most parents have difficulty believing that a child of theirs could commit murder and that they probably struggle with accepting a guilty verdict for the remainder of their lives, but I don't think parents of murderers have any responsibility for the actions of an adult child. I find it interesting that he mothers, specifically, are viewed as the problem.

Mothers have traditionally been blamed for a lot of their children's problems. We often do not know what their children have said to them. And of course, any mother is going to try to defend her son if possible. To say that the son's activities are because of their mom is definitely not always true. JY did have a close bond with his mother, partly because of his father dying.

Perhaps they were mostly his pals because whenever she brought a friend into the scene, Jason hit on her.

That, and I'm thinking maybe Michelle would be embarrassed to bring her friends into this scene. How many of us would be hugely humiliated if our husbands were to pee on the floor in a friends home? Or strip down naked and parade around? Or, heaven forbid, swallow someones rings? I don't see Michelle as the introvert someone mentioned. I see her as the exact opposite. She was fun-loving, a cheer leader, someone who was accustomed to being in front of people, etc. Three years with Jason Young wore on her. Linda and Meredith Fisher don't appear to be the kind of people who approve of Jason's *impy antics*. I doubt what plays out as *fun* in the mountains, comes off the same on Long Island. JMO. Over the course of my lifetime, I've never had a friend who's husband 'got naked' or peed in front of me. MOO

Keep in mind the murder of Laci Peterson, and the cool, calculated planning of Scott, as he's making his cement anchors after having purchased the 'secret boat'. < shakes head > It boggles ones mind though, the callousness of these type crimes. And the mothers of these sons. Jackie Peterson, Coopers mother, and Pat Young. I recall watching a trial years ago. IIRC, the mother of the son/killer, was some sort of LE herself. And she deduced it was her son that committed the crime, encouraged him to confess, and then pled for his life after he was convicted. Totally opposite of what these enabler-mothers do. MOO as to how I *see* all this.

Scott P.'s mother was as unlikeable as they come. I can't get a good feel for the mom in this case. The Anthony mother was an enabler until just a few weeks before the trial began and then I think she may have seen the light a little bit. I honestly think some of these moms have enabled their children to the extent they actually thought they could get away with murder.
I learned a heck of a long time ago that I was going into my parenting skills with my eyes wide open. My kids were not perfect, I never enabled them nor abetted them in anything. I'm still pretty darn rough with each of them at times even though they are all in their 30s. However, I hope I never have to live through any of mine being charged with murder as I don't think I could live through it. I hope none of us ever finds out what that's like.

Mothers have traditionally been blamed for a lot of their children's problems. We often do not know what their children have said to them. And of course, any mother is going to try to defend her son if possible. To say that the son's activities are because of their mom is definitely not always true. JY did have a close bond with his mother, partly because of his father dying.

I think there is probably a closer bond between daughters and fathers, sons and mothers, but when an adult child commits murder, I don't see the parents as having responsibility for the murder. We may view the suspect as guilty and be upset that the mother or father doesn't see it as we do, but that doesn't make the mother or father a bad person.

I'm of the opinion that it's difficult, if not impossible, for a parent to be responsible for their adult children's decisions, and disagree that most parents of murderers are enablers. I agree that most parents have difficulty believing that a child of theirs could commit murder and that they probably struggle with accepting a guilty verdict for the remainder of their lives, but I don't think parents of murderers have any responsibility for the actions of an adult child. I find it interesting that he mothers, specifically, are viewed as the problem.

Some moms continue to aid and abet their kids in every negative way well into their adult lives. That's enabling. They never open their eyes, they live in denial. Most sane and rational parents do not, but many of the trials I have watched seem to include mothers who just could not cut those apron strings and never were able to realize what their children were capable of doing.

I think we sometimes overthink things. Jason and Michelle were a married couple with a child, and I think that if we want Jason to be the responsible, stable adult, then we would want him to attend a wedding or funeral or any other important event as a family. The idea of splitting into sorority and fraternity groups to attend a wedding well after finishing college seems juvenile to me.

Clearly, otto, JY was not mature and responsible. He states that himself. Apparently he and his buddies wanted to go play golf together that day while the ladies came over later. This in itself does not imply immaturity on everyone but just a guy thing for the afternoon. They intended to connect as families that night and at the wedding. This was not what MY wanted. It seemed harmless to me to do that but if MY did not want it that way, it was a problem.

i am so disappointed in BH's cross. She had the opportunity of a lifetime to broil him. He did show his cocky little man side as well as shirking responsibility JMO. BH is not doing closing is she ?

I think they are going to split it up based on what they said at the end of court today. Both sides are going to have 2 different people closing.

Scott P.'s mother was as unlikeable as they come. I can't get a good feel for the mom in this case. The Anthony mother was an enabler until just a few weeks before the trial began and then I think she may have seen the light a little bit. I honestly think some of these moms have enabled their children to the extent they actually thought they could get away with murder.
I learned a heck of a long time ago that I was going into my parenting skills with my eyes wide open. My kids were not perfect, I never enabled them nor abetted them in anything. I'm still pretty darn rough with each of them at times even though they are all in their 30s. However, I hope I never have to live through any of mine being charged with murder as I don't think I could live through it. I hope none of us ever finds out what that's like.

Are fathers of murderers viewed as passive bystanders while the mothers make a mess of their sons?

I think we sometimes overthink things. Jason and Michelle were a married couple with a child, and I think that if we want Jason to be the responsible, stable adult, then we would want him to attend a wedding or funeral or any other important event as a family. The idea of splitting into sorority and fraternity groups to attend a wedding well after finishing college seems juvenile to me.

Most everything he did was juvenile. Gosh, I think he is truly messed up mentally based on the stuff that came out during this trial. I don't know what MY or any of the other women saw in him. I honestly do not.

I think there is probably a closer bond between daughters and fathers, sons and mothers, but when an adult child commits murder, I don't see the parents as having responsibility for the murder. We may view the suspect as guilty and be upset that the mother or father doesn't see it as we do, but that doesn't make the mother or father a bad person.

I agree. In this case, I don't have a handle on what PY knew and did not know. She was and is still his chief defender along with stepfather and the one sister. I am guessing he never told anyone period. I figured she knew, but I am not sure now.

Perhaps that is because, for the most part, mothers are the first line of action when it comes to raising kids. In my own circle of friends and acquaintances when my children were growing up, there were some mom's, who when their kid did something wrong, you just *knew* you could go to the mom and say 'hey, johnny did such and such" and they would respond as one would expect. Holding the kid responsible for his actions. And then there were a few, those who always maintained "My johnny would NEVER do such a thing!' And you learned any sort of action is futile. Me? When somebody, one of the mom's, came to me and said 'hey, your kid did such and such', well, we fixed it, right there. One of my daughters colored on a neighbors house with crayon. I made her go there and scrub it until she could get it off. No matter how long it took. I didn't attempt to say 'well I don't think it was her, I think it was one of the other kids, etc.' These sorts of 'unhealthy relationships' between parent and child begin at an early age. Just came to mind, remember how many of us commented that JLY's mother didn't repremand him for picking on his sisters or mooning his grandmother?? That is exactly the type of thing I'm referring to here.

Exactly, thanks NCEast! Most of us accept that our kids aren't perfect, and we do our best to rein 'em in. Even my very young grandson's know better than to moon grandma. :rocker:

I agree, especially that the acts of the adult children shouldn't reflect on the parents. We, as a society, sometimes just need to place blame. Especially if the defendant--such as SP, BC, JY--are so very vile. However, as I mentioned a moment ago, there have been several trials in the past few years in which the mothers have lived their entire lives in denial of any wrong doing with respect to the child charged with murder. What a horrible way to wake up.

WTF!!!!

Less than 1 hr of Cross?

WTF!!!

You said it Mad74 -- Man oh man, I just don't see it. You had the ball, unguarded, why didn't you jam it for a score???

They better have a freakin' plan on closing, or all of their work along with the LEOs hours & hours of work, the subpoenaed witnesses' time & travel, the cost to us taxpayers, etc, etc, not to mention the Fisher family's suffering and loss, will be denied with a big fat NG verdict. Beyond me. Dayam. :banghead: :waitasec:

Are fathers of murderers viewed as passive bystanders while the mothers make a mess of their sons?

No, but in the more recent cases it seems that the mothers were the more aggressive of the parents. Especially in the SP and CA trials, and I see it in this one too. But because JY's dad died when he was very young I can more easily understand how the mom could have been overbearing in both a positive and a negative way.

It depends upon the crime/case/situation. IIRC, Ted Bundy's grandfather, who Ted thought was his *father* for many years, was quite abusive and domineering to his wife and daughters. Often times the fathers of killers or abusers have in effect 'condoned' the violence committed against those weaker than themselves.

BZ is young (no pun intended) and unseasoned. But he'll learn when to use a softer touch and when not to. He's brilliant and that's not going away. And he's not afraid of confrontation, also a plus. And yes, he would have torn into JLY and not whiffed the ball to him.

He might have even ripped him for his facebook page. Seriously, as much as I disliked the antics of Boz in the previous trial, I would have loved to have seen him cross JLY. Very disappointed with the prosecution this afternoon.

Just listening to his interaction with BH made me believe he could bludgeon his pregnant wife to death.

I knew he was lying when he said he needed to go get his computer charger (body language), and I knew he was lying when he said "no he wasn't" when his attorney asked him if he was there when his wife was killed because he said "no" but shook his head yes (something that is physically difficult for me to do at all; try it), but I didn't really understand that he was capable of the anger it would take to do it until cross examination.

It's okay that is was short. Point has been made.

Glad to hear this reaction, Zam -- makes me feel that perhaps some of the jurors may have the same feeling. Thanks for sharing it.
icon7.gif

It depends upon the crime/case/situation. IIRC, Ted Bundy's grandfather, who Ted thought was his *father* for many years, was quite abusive and domineering to his wife and daughters. Often times the fathers of killers or abusers have in effect 'condoned' the violence committed against those weaker than themselves.

Exactly, GL.
OJ's dad was weak, a horrible drug addict, mean to the family, and died of AIDS after abandoning his family when OJ was a child. When he was facing abandonment again from Nicole, I feel it triggered her murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmanlouie