State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-12 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly - I think that Jay's decision to not to speak with ANYONE about ANYTHING related to the murder was brilliant.

Here's the thing - if you say NOTHING - you never can be caught contradicting yourself, never can be caught lying, never can put your family and friends on the stand and ask them what you said. Nothing - no data at ALL. We've already established he's a liar - so if you don't talk at all - you can't lie.

Now, whether the ability to actually carry out that strategy is NORMAL - is another story. I know I could not do it - but the complete removal of himself from the situation and the insistence that he not speak about anything related to MY's murder - has left the PT with little to hang their hat on.

It also left them unprepared for him deciding to testify - and since there was nothing to ask him to explain or contradict based on earlier statements - it was impossible to show that he had lied about anything related to MY.

I believe that he did it - but he's made it very hard to prove - and while his actions make him "look" guilty - they provide little evidence of said guilt.

Wow, what a very fair post.!! :goodpost:

I am sure Jason talked about Michelle a lot, just not the murder, as he was instructed not to.

Why hire a lawyer if you are not going to follow their advice?

Sadly - I think that Jay's decision to not to speak with ANYONE about ANYTHING related to the murder was brilliant.

Here's the thing - if you say NOTHING - you never can be caught contradicting yourself, never can be caught lying, never can put your family and friends on the stand and ask them what you said. Nothing - no data at ALL. We've already established he's a liar - so if you don't talk at all - you can't lie.

Now, whether the ability to actually carry out that strategy is NORMAL - is another story. I know I could not do it - but the complete removal of himself from the situation and the insistence that he not speak about anything related to MY's murder - has left the PT with little to hang their hat on.

It also left them unprepared for him deciding to testify - and since there was nothing to ask him to explain or contradict based on earlier statements - it was impossible to show that he had lied about anything related to MY.

I believe that he did it - but he's made it very hard to prove - and while his actions make him "look" guilty - they provide little evidence of said guilt.

Yep, smart, cause it bought him 3 years.
It was the PT's blunders that caused this mistrial, IMO.

Yet no dog footprints in blood in the master bedroom where Mr.G. slept. :rocker:

On jay's side.....far from the blood.

Actually I was playing with "Cammy".
Mr G obviously didn't get in the blood....at least while it was still wet.

If I was worried about being falsely accused of a murder, I would definitely lawyer up before speaking to LE. BUT, once I had my attorney, I would definitely make myself available to them to help solve the case. His not allowing any interviews even after having council speaks volumes to me.

Maybe Jay cleaned off Mr. G too?
Everything about a clean dog and child points straight to JLY.

Any one think it could be possible that Jason put Mr. G in another room closed the door and then killed Michelle. Meredith continues to say she remembers hearing Mr. G and the whimpering. Perhaps she let Mr. G out from behind a closed door and does not have that memory. It wouldn't be hard for me to think with all she then had to deal with discovering her dead sister, seeing all the blood, talking to 911 trying to not make it too alarming for Cassidy, that she lost the memory of letting Mr. G out of another room.

I think kim Young was posting rumors that Mr G was probably kicked, because he seemed to have a tender area. Of course, she wants us to believe Jay would never do such a thing.

Kicked him out of the room?
Yea?

If I was worried about being falsely accused of a murder, I would definitely lawyer up before speaking to LE. BUT, once I had my attorney, I would definitely make myself available to them to help solve the case. His not allowing any interviews even after having council speaks volumes to me.

Jason took the stand, that was something he was not required to.
He could have continued to hide behind his lawyers and kept executing his right to remain silent.

Jason took the stand, that was something he was not required to.
He could have continued to hide behind his lawyers and kept executing his right to remain silent.

Yep, by not doing so, we would not be watching this retrial.
No doubt for me, his testimony was planned from day one.

I think kim Young was posting rumors that Mr G was probably kicked, because he seemed to have a tender area. Of course, she wants us to believe Jay would never do such a thing.

Kicked him out of the room?
Yea?

Being a crime buff & a dog lover, I have, on occasion, tested our dog/s to see what would happen if it appeared hubby was hurting me, or I was hurting hubby. To a dog, they became extremely upset/confused as to how they should respond. I had my husband pretend to strangle me once. I was sitting at the kitchen table and told hubby, 'come up behind me and pretend to strangle me'. Hubby did as I told, and our sweet, loveable lab mix at the time, became quite upset. I could read the confusion in her eyes. 'What do I do, my best daddy & my best mommy.' In a matter of seconds, she jumped up with her paws on the kitchen table and grabbed hubby's wrist in her mouth. She clamped down on his wrist with her big teeth, but didn't break the skin or actually bite. She just grabbed him, looking him straight in the eyes, kind of whimper/growling. If she could have spoken, she'd have said 'daddy, let go of mommy, NOW.' She didn't let go of his wrist until he took his arm from around my neck.

I'm also a dog behavior buff, extremely interested in observing their actions/reactions to different situations. When dogs have to *decide between* two beloved pack members, they become extremely confused and somewhat afraid as to how they can make it stop without hurting the aggressor.

The car accident:

It was just testified that MY was reaching in the back to get some lotion as she just had a shower........

It is only natural that any accidents they were involved in were going to be scrutinized by LE and it was.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1063178/

INVESTIGATORS COVERING ALL POSSIBLE ANGLES IN PROBE OF YOUNG HOMICIDE

"Still, they are examining every aspect of the couple's life together, including a May 2006 Transylvania car accident in which Jason Young drove off the road and down a 100 foot embankment into the French Broad River.

Neither he nor Michelle Young were injured"

"They just wanted to know the circumstances. and if I saw anything unusual with the accident, and I did NOT"

Highway Patrol Trooper Daivd Hicks

Thanks for finding the testimony. There was nothing about Jason asking her to do something in the back seat, nothing had tipped over ... she simply decided that she wanted her lotion out of her makeup bag, unbuckled her seatbelt and at that same moment, Jason turned to look back as well, made a mistake in the turn on the road, over corrected and went down the embankment.

Rumor, prior to trial, included comments about Jason asking her to get something from the back seat and deliberately causing her to remove her seatbelt prior to the accident, but that is not what we heard in court testimony. The rumor and testimony is being somewhat blurred at this time.

Any one think it could be possible that Jason put Mr. G in another room closed the door and then killed Michelle. Meredith continues to say she remembers hearing Mr. G and the whimpering. Perhaps she let Mr. G out from behind a closed door and does not have that memory. It wouldn't be hard for me to think with all she then had to deal with discovering her dead sister, seeing all the blood, talking to 911 trying to not make it too alarming for Cassidy, that she lost the memory of letting Mr. G out of another room.

Could be....it is odd she heard him somewhere in the house, but he never came upstairs .....

Every team, Pros or defense, should be prepared for just about anything or anyone.

Even if BH only had a short time, she still could have asked him some of the more important issues surrounding this case.

IMO

She should have been prepared with a list of questions that investigators had assembled that they intended to ask Jason if they could meet with him.

I seem to recall Holt only had the lunch break to prepare for the cross of JLY.
Too bad, because she could have burned the midnight oil, and with help, nailed his azz the next day.

I am now thinking to be fair the judge should have called an early close to testimony after JY testified. I have been critical of BH for not being prepared. I remember how Jeff Ashton said Linda Drane Burdick had been preparing a CA cross examination for years, just in case. Yet to be fair look at all the ammunition she had from everything CA did and said for years. As has been stated JY never opened his mouth to anyone about this. So for BH to hear his story and truly onlt have a lunch break is not fair.
Also if Jason does not take the stand in this trial how will any of his story of that night get told to this jury? They will see him leaving by the stairwell entrance and no one to tell how he was only going out to smoke a cigar.

Wow, what a very fair post.!! :goodpost:

I am sure Jason talked about Michelle a lot, just not the murder, as he was instructed not to.

Why hire a lawyer if you are not going to follow their advice?

Thanks.

The sad thing is - I don't think he DID talk about Michelle - AT ALL. Because that would have come out. Anything he said about her - fond memory, things not related to the murder, etc - the defense would have put those folks on the stand - I believe he said nothing - and by nothing - I mean NOTHING.

I also don't think that his attorney said don't say anything - only don't say anything without me present, etc. I believe it was Jay that took this to the extreme - and as gritguy pointed out - the zero follow up on her murder would not be something that counsel would recommend - and in fact -they would facilitate updates, etc.

He's not tried to collect on the insurance either, has he? I find that VERY odd - esp since he seemed to be the driver to have that high an amount. He could have had his attorney help him get his hands on that money too.

I think that he took advice and took it way further than anyone ever thought - perhaps knowing his own limitations (liar, duplicitous) and said the way to avoid being caught lying is to avoid talking. With your attorney, without your attorney, about MY's murder, about MY AT ALL, etc. - just close the chapter and do not speak of it again.

And once again - right to remain silent - whole new level.

I think he has to testify again, btw. I keep wondering if it will go better.

That and the size 10 print are his outs---jury wise.

Thanks for finding the testimony. There was nothing about Jason asking her to do something in the back seat, nothing had tipped over ... she simply decided that she wanted her lotion out of her makeup bag, unbuckled her seatbelt and at that same moment, Jason turned to look back as well, made a mistake in the turn on the road, over corrected and went down the embankment.

Rumor, prior to trial, included comments about Jason asking her to get something from the back seat and deliberately causing her to remove her seatbelt prior to the accident, but that is not what we heard in court testimony. The rumor and testimony is being somewhat blurred at this time.

I will say I was guilty of recalling the rumor she was asked to turn around for the source of the noise. Never the less, I am still convinced (as the PT seems to be), the car in the river was intentional. Seat belt or not, the result of intentional drowning would be the same...if the car had proceeded into deeper water, as he expected.

I think he has to testify again, btw. I keep wondering if it will go better.

That and the size 10 print are his outs---jury wise.

yep, I agree.
W/O, he can't 'explain' a lot of things.
The size 10 shoes make him no less guilty...only suggests a possible conspiracy.
The jury needs to fully understand that

I will say I was guilty of recalling the rumor she was asked to turn around for the source of the noise. Never the less, I am still convinced (as the PT seems to be), the car in the river was intentional. Seat belt or not, the result of intentional drowning would be the same...if the car had proceeded into deeper water, as he expected.

There's nothing to support the theory that the accident was intentional. Jason had no way of knowing that his wife would unbuckle her seatbelt at the moment the road turned and ran parallel to the river.

Thanks.

The sad thing is - I don't think he DID talk about Michelle - AT ALL. Because that would have come out. Anything he said about her - fond memory, things not related to the murder, etc - the defense would have put those folks on the stand - I believe he said nothing - and by nothing - I mean NOTHING.

I also don't think that his attorney said don't say anything - only don't say anything without me present, etc. I believe it was Jay that took this to the extreme - and as gritguy pointed out - the zero follow up on her murder would not be something that counsel would recommend - and in fact -they would facilitate updates, etc.

He's not tried to collect on the insurance either, has he? I find that VERY odd - esp since he seemed to be the driver to have that high an amount. He could have had his attorney help him get his hands on that money too.

I think that he took advice and took it way further than anyone ever thought - perhaps knowing his own limitations (liar, duplicitous) and said the way to avoid being caught lying is to avoid talking. With your attorney, without your attorney, about MY's murder, about MY AT ALL, etc. - just close the chapter and do not speak of it again.

And once again - right to remain silent - whole new level.

I don't know if any insurance company would pay out on a life insurance policy in an ongoing murder investigation.

And, I seriously doubt, Jason could think he would be anything but #1 in the investigation.

I don't think insurance money has anything do with the murder, and how stupid would one be, to get such a policy and then try and collect?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member