Statement Analysis & Related Info

Beginning at the 25:40 mark of the Hypnosis tape:

-We was sitting on the porch. They had this little basketball thing and they wanted me to set it up.

-So, I was trying to set it up when I seen the a/c guy was there.

-Then I (walked?) up the house and called Ronald and asked did you SEE how the a/c guy is here? And he said YEA.
-And I GAVE the phone to Ronald to talk to the a/c guy.....

It sounds like she called out to Ronald, possibly in the B/R or bath, and asked if he saw the a/c guy was there. It's kinda hard to "see" someone at your house if you really are 16.58 miles away at PDM.

It's equally hard to give the phone to someone 16.58 miles away.

I wanted to bump this, like it was 2 months ago and I feel very important!

Good find Passion...it would have been hard for her to give the phone to Ron with him being at "work" and all. Inconsistencies are all over the place.

Actually, an analysis of her statement under "hypnosis" is probably useless. First, the chances of her actually being in a trance state when she knows she has to lie and cover up the disappearance of a child are zero, zip, nada. Statement analysis will reveal linguistic areas that indicate deception, e.g., the large font area of her statement "did you see the AC guy...?" But because she is supposedly under hypnosis, the best we could do is compare this statement to the other statements that she has made about the same time period. Nothing in this version makes a lick of sense. The word "see" might refer to whether Ron knew the AC guy was there before he left. Why would she need to hand Ron the phone if both Ron and the AC guy are in the trailer? The AC guy's testimony would almost certainly clear this up.

What this transcript of the hypnosis tape tells me is that the tape is as nonsensical as the rest of her story. These details will never line up with other versions of the story because the lies at the heart of the story require other lies. All this statement would do is suggest that an LE interviewer should go over the timeline, again and again and test it against actual physical evidence (pings on the cell phone, landline phone records, the testimony of the AC man). I am sure that LE has already done that.

One telling point about both Misty and Joe: They said they didn't do "it." So there is an "it" that they know about and so are denying--which is odd since the rest of us have been trying to figure out what happened to Haleigh and thus don't know what "it" is.

I guess the part where say they didn't do "it" doesn't bother me that much. I think that it would be safe to assume that the "it" would be harming Haleigh. I can see me using that phrase very easily. This is not to say they are innocent but just that the "it" thing doesn't bother me.

Some folks have asked why some of us feel that way we feel about the various characters in this tragedy. Here are some thoughts on what seems hinky to me (and others, not trying to speak for others, just saying there are others)

The 911 call

911: "911, what's your emergency"

Misty: "Hi...umm (pause) I just woke up (pause) and our backdoor was wide open and I think (pause) and I can't find our daughter"

The operator didnt ask if she were alseep. Yet she says this first. (To her is it the most important part?)

Next she talks about the door that was, "wide open."

Some folks have pointed out the possibility of aspects of truthh being woven in with the lies which is interesting to me too. Going with that idea, we do hear "brick" in the call (and later wasnt there "brick" in the weighted down thrown in water story?) ALso, the subsequent rendition included IIRC yellow rope and most recently the "blanket" came up again. (IIRC)

In her first post disappearance interview Misty went on that now famous long rant (that no one had asked her about) regarding "washing the blanket" and "blanket" and recently she changed it to to hiding under a blanket.

Also she mentions cinder block on the door. Anyway, the missing child sounds like an after-thought and Misty's seems to be in persuasion mode.

Anyway, if you're into linguistic indicators, this is kind of interesting. If you're not, then it's a snore so skip it. :)

Dr Paul J. Taylor: Dept of Psychology - Lancaster Univ
The link below has info on the, "Lab for Interpersonal Sensemaking and Negotiation (LISN)." The Lab is based at Lancaster University, UK, and is led by Dr. Paul Taylor.

The Lab's research examines how people make sense of, and strategically respond to, the behaviour of others. They study these processes by examining people's communication behavior and judgments in a range of contexts, from day-to-day interactions to high-pressure crisis negotiations and interrogations etc

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/staff/taylorpj/LISN/

Learning Correlations between Linguistic Indicators and Semantic
Constraints: Reuse of Context-Dependent Descriptions of Entities

http://acl.ldc.upenn.edu/P/P98/P98-2176.pdf

http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~wbl/biblio/gp-html/siegel_thesis.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads