Steven Powell arrested in Washington State

Status
Not open for further replies.
No contact with kids makes me very happy! :great: They need to also keep him away from cameras, videos, and any recording devices. Telescopes too!!!

I hope they don't get him too far from cameras, as long as they're either 1) media cameras, or 2) cameras in the room where he rats out Josh.

As stupid as it would be for him to go talking to reporters, I almost wonder if he will be able to restrain himself. I can't wait to hear his justification for all of this. Some possibilities:

1) Someone set him up. The pictures/video are fabricated - probably by the crazy Mormons who are trying to destroy his family.

2) He did take the pictures, but it was only to teach his neighbors a lesson about protecting their daughters. "Now, I did it just to help you - to show you how potentially dangerous it could be to leave your blinds open. But just think how bad this could have been - if I wasn't someone who would NEVER do something like that!"

3) They were surveillance cameras, set up to preemptively protect him from the Coxes, his ex-wife, the crazy Mormons, Jennifer Graves, or some combination thereof. Sure, none of this had come up back then; but he could tell just by looking at that Chuck Cox that he was a bad apple.

4) Susan set up the cameras, before she set off to run away to Chile with Steven Koecher.

I guess I'm just wondering how delusional Steven can get to maintain his inability to ever admit to doing something wrong.

Yes. But what are they going to recover for their efforts?

I'd sue out the ying yang just for self satisfaction and give the money to a charity or organization for children!....and take his eyeballs too if I could!!

A Washington state judge has barred Susan Powell's husband from publishing her teenage diary entries, at least for now.
Judge Vicki Hogan granted Susan Powell's parents' request for a preliminary injunction in a hearing that coincidentally fell the day after her father-in-law, Steve Powell, was arrested on suspicion of possessing child *advertiser censored*

Hogan also set a bond of $5,000 - an amount the Coxes may not be able to pay, their pro-bono attorneys said. Hogan may reconsider the bond, and asked for attorneys to get back to her on the issue by Oct. 10. She scheduled an optional hearing for that day.

Why would the Coxes need to post a $5,000 bond to keep Josh from publishing Susan's teenage dairies? I'm so confused!

ElizabethNeff Elizabeth Neff
Bail for #StevePowell set at $200,000. Prosecutor: photos of #SusanPowell creepy, not criminal. #FindSusan tinyurl.com/4ywqq9p
5 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

ElizabethNeff Elizabeth Neff
12 day search for #SusanPowell has ended at Topaz Mountain #Utah. #FindSusan
1 hour ago

Interesting that the search ended today, too. Was it coordinated? That they spent 12 days searching, with apparently limited, if any, results will probably get buried under these other headlines about the grandfather (SP).

IMO

Question and pls forgive me if it has been answered. I'm frazzled by the Kerra Wilson outcome today.
Did they find any sexually explicit pictures of his grandchildren? :praying: NO

I'm still reading but guys who photograph and peep and violate privacy like that will escalate. I'm wouldn't be surprised if he's involved. He was obviously sexually obsessed with Susan. His statements about her being sexual to her shows me that he is blaming the victim. It could be him, in my opinion. Her husband could have cleared out the kids late that night while his dad cleaned up. I'm so grossed out by this creeper. He reminds me of ex-Colonel Russell Williams from Canada who was a photographer too who escalated in his crimes. JMO

I think people on this forum have gone way too far in putting down Josh Powell as a "mouth breather" and a failure at college/real estate. He might be, but IMHO, you are also putting down Susan for marrying him. All those insults make me wonder why Susan could not marry anybody better. She must have found something attractive in Josh to marry and have two of his kids.

I am sure she saw potential...it was just never realized... which would be why she was divorcing him.

I think people on this forum have gone way too far in putting down Josh Powell as a "mouth breather" and a failure at college/real estate. He might be, but IMHO, you are also putting down Susan for marrying him. All those insults make me wonder why Susan could not marry anybody better. She must have found something attractive in Josh to marry and have two of his kids.

Just ask that question to any divorced couple. I'm sure you will get many colorful answers.:innocent:

What kind of job does SP do? He 'unexpectedly' took off work today. He will be taking frequent days off in the future for meetings with lawyers, court dates and etc. And he has been very publicly accused of a crime against women and children. So will he be able to hang onto his job?

Question and pls forgive me if it has been answered. I'm frazzled by the Kerra Wilson outcome today.
Did they find any sexually explicit pictures of his grandchildren? :praying: NO

They have not revealed this information yet if they did find any. Also, they are still looking through pictures to identify children. There were so many photos, they have not made it through all of them yet.

What kind of job does SP do? He 'unexpectedly' took off work today. He will be taking frequent days off in the future for meetings with lawyers, court dates and etc. And he has been very publicly accused of a crime against women and children. So will he be able to hang onto his job?
He works for the Washington State Prison System in sales.

I am sure she saw potential...it was just never realized... which would be why she was divorcing him.

Sorry, I never read where she was divorcing him. I only heard she wanted him to become more active in the LDS church by their marriage anniversary date.

Oh wow, Im suprised there isnt an emergency/temporary custody hearing scheduled. thats crazy!

There is. It is Wednesday. A showdown between Josh and Grandpa Cox. They will have to have bailiffs because of the RO I think? :waitasec:

Well, I'm sure she did find something attractive in him, otherwise she wouldn't have married him. But now we know that, yes, she could have married someone better.

Just thinking of my own life experience, what happens before marriage and what happens after marriage are two completely different animals. Marriage is tough; some find a way to make it work, some don't.

I'm going to give JP a little credit here. At least he agreed to move to Utah at Susan's request. He didn't have to do that.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member