Steven Powell was involved in disappearance

Hearing for SP wanting evidence thrown out

http://www.krem.com/news/northwest-news/148519805.html

SP defense alleges LE was on a fishing expedition and wants evidence thrown out . . . hearing today (video @ link)
http://fox13now.com/2012/04/22/steven-powell-challenges-evidence-against-him/

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...urt-Monday-fighting-evidence-against-him.html
"The journals are the words of a missing mother who is the victim in a homicide investigation. She cannot speak for herself."

LOL, I gotta say, orange really suits him.......

As far as the rest of his sniveling, bah. He has nobody but himself to blame for them searching him home to begin with. It was he and his son who were taunting both the Coxes as well as LE by threatening to post Susan's journals online. Too bad, so sad.

I am sure the warrant covered all digital media so I really don't see this evidence being tossed.

Hadn't seen this posted anywhere.

Witness list for Steve Powell trial includes 12 West Valley City cops
Courts
The father-in-law of missing West Valley City woman Susan Cox Powell is scheduled for trial May 7 on voyeurism and *advertiser censored* charges.

PDF file:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/89294366/Witness-list-in-Steve-Powell-case

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53911108-78/powell-steve-search-list.html.csp

Nicely Done...!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::woohoo::woohoo:

Is it true that in Terry Powell's divorce filings, she said that Alina's bed was in Steve's room for two years? Also, that Josh and his brothers drew pictures of sexual activity and hatchets?

That is in the comments to the Tribune article on this hearing.

This case gets bizarre when you think it can't get more bizarre.

It is good to see SP without his tan. Jailhouse pasty suits him.

Is it true that in Terry Powell's divorce filings, she said that Alina's bed was in Steve's room for two years? Also, that Josh and his brothers drew pictures of sexual activity and hatchets?

That is in the comments to the Tribune article on this hearing.

This case gets bizarre when you think it can't get more bizarre.

It is good to see SP without his tan. Jailhouse pasty suits him.

This is the only article I could find from the Trib regarding the divorce between SP and TP, so until I can find it in the MSM I think the incidents you're asking about are only rumor...at this point. imo

http://www.sltrib.com/csp/cms/sites/sltrib/pages/printerfriendly.csp?id=53483190

DNews Crime Team ‏ @DNewsCrimeTeam Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Judge doesn't like language "criminally obstructive behavior" in warrant, but says it didn't make any real difference.

Kevin McCarty ‏ @KevinKIRO Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Judge: What did police know? "Quite a lot". Susan gone, keys home, blood evidence, Susan's will. Josh's story "close to incredible

Judge: Children said "mommy went camping and didn't return". Facts "very reasonable inference" that Josh involved in Susan's disappearance

Judge: "very reasonable to infer that Josh and Steven discussed disappearance" of Susan, constructing alternative story

Judge: "Lot's of good reason he was a suspect" re: Josh's involvement in Susan's disappearance. #susancoxpowell

Judge: says showing journals and talking about them on Today show opened door for police to ask for a warrant.

Judge: Steven Powell's motion to throw out evidence failing. "Probable cause existed" according to Judge Ronald Culpepper

Salt Lake Tribune ‏ @sltrib Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Breaking: Washington judge rules Steve Powell search warrants legally obtained. Case will move forward.

Ben Winslow ‏ @BenWinslow Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
BREAKING NEWS: Judge says search warrant of Steven Powell's home was legal. (via @drewmikk) #findsusan #SusanCoxPowell

Thank goodness! Can you imagine if the judge ruled the other way? We might as well all hire bodyguards to protect us!

http://www.krem.com/news/northwest-news/148721845.html

Chuck Cox, Susan’s father said he hopes putting Steven Powell on trial will help investigators locate Susan. However, Cox said he would not be in favor for letting Powell out of jail in exchange for information about Susan’s whereabouts.

“We think it’s important to keep Steve off the streets,” said Cox.

Powell’s daughter, Alina, said she disagrees with the judge’s ruling. She believes police used illegal means to write the warrant and said they “fabricated” evidence against her father.

When asked if her father will get a fair trial, Powell said, “I doubt it.”

Judge: What did police know? "Quite a lot". Susan gone, keys home, blood evidence, Susan's will. Josh's story "close to incredible

Respectfully snipped

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: I think that this judge actually "gets" it! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

P.S. I love, love, love that the smirk has been wiped off of SP's face. He does not look quite as smug any longer.

I hope the FBI cyber-crimes division gets to it. I'm not sure why it hasn't been done by now. I was thinking the FBI could do it too, am I impatient?
The person I know is a social contact that I only see occasionally. Perhaps the next time I see him I will ask...

http://www.krem.com/news/northwest-news/148721845.html

Chuck Cox, Susan’s father said he hopes putting Steven Powell on trial will help investigators locate Susan. However, Cox said he would not be in favor for letting Powell out of jail in exchange for information about Susan’s whereabouts.

“We think it’s important to keep Steve off the streets,” said Cox.

Powell’s daughter, Alina, said she disagrees with the judge’s ruling. She believes police used illegal means to write the warrant and said they “fabricated” evidence against her father.

When asked if her father will get a fair trial, Powell said, “I doubt it.”

I have to at any pt in time agree with Susan's dad since he bore the brunt of all this trauma. Bless you and your family sir.

I would myself trade info. with Steve for Susan's whereabouts,,,but once again, I bow to the father, parents in this situation. They deserve every respect due them

Bless them all
Goz

PS I too am glad the smirk is off SP Face..

New articles in the Trib today about how much Steve Powell interfered in their marriage, and how JP's behavior deteriorated after contact with him.

For some reason, this reminded me of a claim on the Powell's own website: "Since 2004, both Susan and Josh Powell have had the key to all of the vacant HUD homes in Utah." SP seems to love to dangle evidence like Susan's diaries, thinking it proves his point. I do wonder what JP was doing in these vacant HUD homes and whether he stashed Susan in one for SP to later recover.

It also re-raises for me the possibility that SP could be responsible for other disappearances. His days off work indicate that he needed to somewhere where he couldn't even pretend he was working by telecommuting. Or that he might have had scratches and bruises that would have been noticeable. Or he needed to meet someone in person. In the Perry March case (husband kills wife; father disposes of body), which I think SP and JP could have used as their template, he also accused his wife of running off with another man.

I am wondering if SP found a "patsy" in Steven Koecher online through an interest in songwriting. He could have flown to Utah, Reno, or Sacramento to meet him in those days, then returned to Las Vegas on the weekend and "disappeared" him. Maybe the plan was to put the bodies together. I've long thought how each it would be to abduct SK off the Vegas street by pretending you lived in a vacant house, sitting in your car in the driveway until the person approaches, then saying, "Hi, you're here, get in and let's head over to the music studio!" SP is of an age that he would have remembered Ted Bundy, who was from Washington, and who easily lured multiple women to his car where, once they were inside, he knocked them out.

All JMO.

New articles in the Trib today about how much Steve Powell interfered in their marriage, and how JP's behavior deteriorated after contact with him.

For some reason, this reminded me of a claim on the Powell's own website: "Since 2004, both Susan and Josh Powell have had the key to all of the vacant HUD homes in Utah." SP seems to love to dangle evidence like Susan's diaries, thinking it proves his point. I do wonder what JP was doing in these vacant HUD homes and whether he stashed Susan in one for SP to later recover.

It also re-raises for me the possibility that SP could be responsible for other disappearances. His days off work indicate that he needed to somewhere where he couldn't even pretend he was working by telecommuting. Or that he might have had scratches and bruises that would have been noticeable. Or he needed to meet someone in person. In the Perry March case (husband kills wife; father disposes of body), which I think SP and JP could have used as their template, he also accused his wife of running off with another man.

I am wondering if SP found a "patsy" in Steven Koecher online through an interest in songwriting. He could have flown to Utah, Reno, or Sacramento to meet him in those days, then returned to Las Vegas on the weekend and "disappeared" him. Maybe the plan was to put the bodies together. I've long thought how each it would be to abduct SK off the Vegas street by pretending you lived in a vacant house, sitting in your car in the driveway until the person approaches, then saying, "Hi, you're here, get in and let's head over to the music studio!" SP is of an age that he would have remembered Ted Bundy, who was from Washington, and who easily lured multiple women to his car where, once they were inside, he knocked them out.

All JMO.

Interesting thoughts. Something to chew on.

The person I know is a social contact that I only see occasionally. Perhaps the next time I see him I will ask...
My FBI contact tells me that it would be handled out of the main branch in Washington D.C. and that he mostly deals with local cases, rarely out of state ones...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back