Steven Powell's former home to be searched by cadaver dogs

BoGsfheIgAEA0Bu.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoGsfheIgAEA0Bu.png

I don't think Susan is there. She is in Utah. I imagine they have searched their prior homes there before.

Oh nice!! This is why they are searching. The Powells don't own the house anymore, the two children who were victims of Steven Powell do and they are letting the Cox's do any kind of searching they would like!!

Good for them!!

According to Washington state attorney Anne Bremner, Steven Powell's former residence is now in the hands of the two girls who were victims of his voyeurism.

"The little girl victims who I represent obtained a $2 million judgment against Steven Powell," Bremner told The Huffington Post. "They now own his house [and] there are no restrictions left regarding searching."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/20/susan-cox-powell-search_n_5359647.html

I don't think Susan is there. She is in Utah. I imagine they have searched their prior homes there before.

I agree that Susan probably is not at that house. But I disagree that she is in Utah. I think she was moved during the time Josh rented the car and his brother took the body to Oregon and dumped or buried it somewhere.

I posted this in the wrong thread.

Susan Powell's Parents Search For Clues In Father-In-Law's Former Home (EXCLUSIVE)

The parents of Susan Cox Powell, the missing Utah mother of two, have started to comb through her father-in-law's former home in Washington state, where they have found not only tragic reminders of the past but also potential clues to her disappearance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/27/susan-powell-missing-clues_n_5398147.html

Did you read the media thread yet? Sad article about the boys being abused by Josh.

Here's a link to DeeMarie's post. smh

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10576336&postcount=461"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Media Links - No Discussion[/ame]

The Huffington Post article has a video of Josh's interrogation the day after Susan disappeared. He says that Susan did not go camping with them but, again, the eyewitness at the Flying J said Susan was in the store with Josh and the boys. He also says, in the video, that he is scared but that he wants to talk to LE. Such a strange case and Josh's actions right after Susan vanished make it even stranger.

I posted this in the wrong thread.

Susan Powell's Parents Search For Clues In Father-In-Law's Former Home (EXCLUSIVE)

The parents of Susan Cox Powell, the missing Utah mother of two, have started to comb through her father-in-law's former home in Washington state, where they have found not only tragic reminders of the past but also potential clues to her disappearance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/27/susan-powell-missing-clues_n_5398147.html

Did you read the media thread yet? Sad article about the boys being abused by Josh.

Here's a link to DeeMarie's post. smh

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Media Links - No Discussion

Question for verified SAR (I sent a message in hopes one can drop by...)

Would they most likely be searching because of a tip? Or another reason? Or just a hunch? What's your opinion?

A SAR team would only enter the case if invited by LE due to liability and control of evidence.

A SAR dog can be called in by LE independent of ground searchers if LE only needs the dog to find remains or to follow a suspected egress route.

To answer the question, it can be for any of the reasons you noted Kimster if LE thinks a check is warranted. How many mummified bodies have been found buried under porches and in crawl spaces over the years?

A SAR team would only enter the case if invited by LE due to liability and control of evidence.

A SAR dog can be called in by LE independent of ground searchers if LE only needs the dog to find remains or to follow a suspected egress route.

To answer the question, it can be for any of the reasons you noted Kimster if LE thinks a check is warranted. How many mummified bodies have been found buried under porches and in crawl spaces over the years?

BBM Wouldn't chain of custody be lost on anything the Coxes found unless they were videoing their search and not touching anything they find? tia

BBM Wouldn't chain of custody be lost on anything the Coxes found unless they were videoing their search and not touching anything they find? tia

Once a trained SAR Team or Dog Handler finds what he/she assumes to be evidence, they stop and call LE so the entire scene can be photographed and the evidence bagged and tagged thus maintaining the chain of custody.

I was thinking about the chain of custody procedure also. I was rather surprised to see Mr. Cox going through the house (a potential crime scene) and touching items without gloves on and from reading the article, it seems items were removed from the house.

I was expecting the dogs to go through the house first. I wonder when they will arrive? I wonder if they are actually SAR certified dogs?

Snip: "According to Olsen, Susan Powell's family plans to conduct a thorough search of the premises to see if she is buried there. In the coming weeks, a network of volunteers, including trained dog handlers, will comb the 3,200-square foot house and the surrounding property."

I hope there will be some one searching with Ground Penetrating Sonar. Mr. Cox did not look well in the pictures, I hope he is okay.

I was thinking about the chain of custody procedure also. I was rather surprised to see Mr. Cox going through the house (a potential crime scene) and touching items without gloves on and from reading the article, it seems items were removed from the house.

I was expecting the dogs to go through the house first. I wonder when they will arrive? I wonder if they are actually SAR certified dogs?

Snip: "According to Olsen, Susan Powell's family plans to conduct a thorough search of the premises to see if she is buried there. In the coming weeks, a network of volunteers, including trained dog handlers, will comb the 3,200-square foot house and the surrounding property."

Seeing Mr. Cox has he is today really reminds me the tragic toll this takes on surviving family, he looks to me about half the size he was and his kind face has hardened.

Hoping he finds peace, I'm afraid Susan will never be located, those Powells made sure of it.

Sorry folks didn't mean to be OT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back