Stolen Babies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you all remember the case of Anna Mae He, but she was eventually reunited with her birth family and they returned to China. I think you will see a similar out come with this case. I hope this case is decided soon that way he can be reunited with his mother. This case has dragged on for far too long. Time for a decision to be made.

But why should the adoptive parents have to suffer because of the criminal act the bio mom committed? If she wouldn't have done what she did, she wouldn't be dealing with any of this right now.

ETA: If you commit a crime, you run the risk of losing your children. She should have considered that fact.

It is sad that anyone have to suffer. IMO, the judge erred in terminating the mother's parental rights. The mother's crimes just don't rise to that level.

I do not have any compassion for anyone who comes to this country 3 times illegally, uses a false id and most likely stolen ID from an innocent person. We should have a 3 strike and you are in prison for the rest of your life. Perhaps these illegal aliens would stop and only come to this country legally. That would stop a lot of crime, stolen id crime and lower the population as they come here and breed like rabbits while our tax dollars pay for there food, rent and medical care. Off my rant now.

I have had my identity stolen by an American citizen who got credit cards in my name and cost me a lot of time, energy and money. That is quite different from someone stealing an identity to be able to get a job.
I know many people who are here from Mexico, both legally and illegally. Two of my son's work in construction, so maybe I know more than most. Every one of the men and women I have met are employed. Many men I've met share apartments with several other men, because they have families home in Mexico who need the money they earn just to survive.

And wow, your comments about "breeding like rabbits" sounds......racist.

What on earth does that matter? You're saying that a white couple shouldn't adopt a black child?? You know, some people don't see color. They just see an innocent child in need of parents.

:) You are such a sweetie! Totally agree with your statement here.

There have been studies done on the effect of interracial adoptions. The bottom line seems to be that children need to be aware of their birth culture, it needs to be accepted and applauded. As long as that is being done, the child usually thrives.

I hope these parents---all of them---can come to some peaceful conclusion. God bless the little boy.

I don't know if you all remember the case of Anna Mae He, but she was eventually reunited with her birth family and they returned to China. I think you will see a similar out come with this case. I hope this case is decided soon that way he can be reunited with his mother. This case has dragged on for far too long. Time for a decision to be made.

According to wikipedia, Anna Mae's parents have separated, and she was send to boarding school.

What on earth does that matter? You're saying that a white couple shouldn't adopt a black child?? You know, some people don't see color. They just see an innocent child in need of parents.

Exactly. And what on Earth would someone do with interracial children if only people of the same race as the child could adopt this child?

Further considerations...

If a US citizen with a child is sentenced for a crime, there is no provision in our court system for her child. A judge might give her a certain amount of time to find a home for the child, but if not, the child will go to foster care. Should an illegal be treated differently?

I predict this woman will have her child returned - very difficult for the little boy - and I also believe she will sue, end up with $$$.

What about the other 5100 kids who are in a similar situation? Think how much this could cost taxpayers.

Further considerations...

If a US citizen with a child is sentenced for a crime, there is no provision in our court system for her child. A judge might give her a certain amount of time to find a home for the child, but if not, the child will go to foster care. Should an illegal be treated differently?

I predict this woman will have her child returned - very difficult for the little boy - and I also believe she will sue, end up with $$$.

What about the other 5100 kids who are in a similar situation? Think how much this could cost taxpayers.

In iowa, you have a certain amt of time you get your child out of foster care (depending upon child's age) even if in jail or prison, if you cannot do that, then your parental rights are terminated.

A friend adopted a sibling group of 5 children ages 9 on down due to their mother being in jail and no one knew who the father's were and family were deemed unfit. It's was a foster to adopt situation.

At post #48, peeples said:
“ In iowa, you have a certain amt of time you get your child out of foster care (depending upon child's age) even if in jail or prison, if you cannot do that, then your parental rights are terminated.
“A friend adopted a sibling group of 5 children ages 9 on down due to their mother being in jail and no one knew who the father's were and family were deemed unfit. It's was a foster to adopt situation.”

Not many will push to be at the front of that line to adopt 5 kids at once.

To peeples --------God bless’em for doing that.

http://www.courts.mo.gov/SUP/index.nsf/fe8feff4659e0b7b8625699f0079eddf/a36161d04a09d5fe862577a1005d6969/$FILE/SC91141_Mother_brief.pdf

pg. 83-86

IMO if they are going to use the bio mother's alleged crimes in court, shouldn't they also be allowed to use the "adoptive" parent's alleged crimes? Did the attorneys for the bio-mom use this info in court? Is that what I am reading, an actual document submitted in court for this case? (Sorry I get confused easily about what I am actually trying to say and have to put into written (typed) words)

Anyone else read this? I haven't read the whole thing, but sounds to me like maybe the "adoption" wasn't even really "legal" to begin with?

http://www.courts.mo.gov/SUP/index....2577a1005d6969/$FILE/SC91141_Mother_brief.pdf
pg. 83-86
IMO if they are going to use the bio mother's alleged crimes in court, shouldn't they also be allowed to use the "adoptive" parent's alleged crimes? Did the attorneys for the bio-mom use this info in court? Is that what I am reading, an actual document submitted in court for this case? (Sorry I get confused easily about what I am actually trying to say and have to put into written (typed) words)

Anyone else read this? I haven't read the whole thing, but sounds to me like maybe the "adoption" wasn't even really "legal" to begin with?

Yes, I read the whole thing--- the 'majority' opinion and the 2 other opinions from 2 of the judges on the court.
The linked doc was not submitted to the ct; it is the opn of the Mo. Sup Ct. judges reviewing what happened before the trial court judge---
who was involved, the witnesses, the atty's, the evd. submitted and the trial ct.'s decision.

And yes, you are right-- Mo.Sup Ct decided, based on the trial record (transcript of testimony, etc) and appellate briefs, that the adoption was not 'legal.'

I summarized my understanding of the opn, in posts 35 & 36.

Basically because there was not sufficient evd that bio-mom willfully abandoned the baby.
That Sup Ct decision does not mean bio-mom automatically gets baby Carlitos/Jamison back.

Outcome: Mo Sup Ct says -- bio-mom gets a do-over, that is, she gets a new trial (as my other above posts described).

In new trial, when it is held,
Poss. that bio-mom will get better counsel and put on much more evd to show she did not willfully abandon the baby and her parental rights
shd NOT be terminated and she w/rcv custody of Carlitos; but also

Poss. that adoptive parents will put on same evd & even more evd to show bio-mom willfully abandoned baby and then poss'ly same result for them, that bio-mom's parental rights are term'ed, & their adoption is valid.

Hope this helps.
If any other sleuthers wish to correct or dissect my understanding, jump right in, by PM to me or by bd. post.
Thx in adv.

Yes, I read the whole thing--- the 'majority' opinion and the 2 other opinions from 2 of the judges on the court.
The linked doc was not submitted to the ct; it is the opn of the Mo. Sup Ct. judges reviewing what happened before the trial court judge---
who was involved, the witnesses, the atty's, the evd. submitted and the trial ct.'s decision.

And yes, you are right-- Mo.Sup Ct decided, based on the trial record (transcript of testimony, etc) and appellate briefs, that the adoption was not 'legal.'

I summarized my understanding of the opn, in posts 35 & 36.

Basically because there was not sufficient evd that bio-mom willfully abandoned the baby.
That Sup Ct decision does not mean bio-mom automatically gets baby Carlitos/Jamison back.

Outcome: Mo Sup Ct says -- bio-mom gets a do-over, that is, she gets a new trial (as my other above posts described).

In new trial, when it is held,
Poss. that bio-mom will get better counsel and put on much more evd to show she did not willfully abandon the baby and her parental rights
shd NOT be terminated and she w/rcv custody of Carlitos; but also

Poss. that adoptive parents will put on same evd & even more evd to show bio-mom willfully abandoned baby and then poss'ly same result for them, that bio-mom's parental rights are term'ed, & their adoption is valid.

Hope this helps.
If any other sleuthers wish to correct or dissect my understanding, jump right in, by PM to me or by bd. post.
Thx in adv.

BBM
Thank you! And now that you mention it, I did read your posts but didn't think that was the same link I found :)

Also, as it turns out, I actually went to school with MM ("adoptive mom")! I think she was a year older than me in school. Her dad was actually the principal at my first elementary school! Small world....

Anyone here familiar w., or work w. foster and/or adoption programs?

Enlightenment needed re foster or adoption situations w incarcerated parent, whether US citizen, legal, or illegal immigrant.

If incarcerated (to-be) parent cannot arrange for family,friends, etc. to take care of child,
what do the various st. laws provide?
Time limits for being in the foster system, and after that, have termntn. of parental rights proceeding,
so child is eligible for adoption?

How do child protect. agencies and courts deal w. this?
Tough to predict outcomes re bio-parent, and for child’s well-being and placement too.

Example: A parent could be arrested & charged, and be in jail awaiting trial for 6 months, or a year or two or three.
Or perhaps could reach a plea deal and be sentenced to community serv, or serve 6 months or 1-3 yrs.
Or might go to trial and walk, ready to resume life with children.
Or might go to trial and be sentenced to 25 yrs or life.
Child prot. ag’s & ct.s cannot just decide: We’ll put these kids on ice and defrost when parent gets out.

What about parent who serves 1-2 yr sentence, is out for a yr, then arrested again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

From every angle-- parent, child, family, friends, ch. prot. ag, courts and potential adoptive parents---
difficult situation to handle.

I do not have any compassion for anyone who comes to this country 3 times illegally, uses a false id and most likely stolen ID (BBM) from an innocent person. We should have a 3 strike and you are in prison for the rest of your life. Perhaps these illegal aliens would stop and only come to this country legally. That would stop a lot of crime, stolen id crime and lower the population as they come here and breed like rabbits while our tax dollars pay for there food, rent and medical care. Off my rant now.
RoseRed, I work at DMV and can tell you, the majority of the identity theft cases we see are good ol' US citizens committing credit card and check fraud crimes. When "illegal aliens" come to the US, they don't steal people's identities, they buy their Identification documents from identity theft rings.

They don't know if the names on the ID's they buy are real people or fictitious names.

Don't blame people from other countries for seeking a better life here. Blame the US business owners that continue to hire them under the table so they don't have to pay US citizens a fair wage and benefits.

They work from sunrise to sunset in unbearable conditions for a fraction of what a US citizen would even accept. They are treated like subhumans by people that share your sentiments about them and to think that the life they live here is an improvement from what their life is like in their home country should tell you how awful things over there.

And as far as what our tax dollars pay for...I'd rather my taxes go to a family that is trying to find a better life than to pay to feed and provide shelter for child molesters, rapists and murderers that are in prison for life.

The only thing that separates us from them is the country they were born in. They are humans too.

RoseRed, I work at DMV and can tell you, the majority of the identity theft cases we see are good ol' US citizens committing credit card and check fraud crimes. When "illegal aliens" come to the US, they don't steal people's identities, they buy their Identification documents from identity theft rings.

They don't know if the names on the ID's they buy are real people or fictitious names.

Don't blame people from other countries for seeking a better life here. Blame the US business owners that continue to hire them under the table so they don't have to pay US citizens a fair wage and benefits.

They work from sunrise to sunset in unbearable conditions for a fraction of what a US citizen would even accept. They are treated like subhumans by people that share your sentiments about them and to think that the life they live here is an improvement from what their life is like in their home country should tell you how awful things over there.

And as far as what our tax dollars pay for...I'd rather my taxes go to a family that is trying to find a better life than to pay to feed and provide shelter for child molesters, rapists and murderers that are in prison for life.

The only thing that separates us from them is the country they were born in. They are humans too.

Respectually disagree with your theory. I have relatives in DHS, a social worker and 5 Teachers, LE officers and firefighters. I do know what is happening in this country from highly educated, intelligent family members so I do know what is happening and am really tired of the racist card and the illegal problems not being solved and called a racist because some of us have had enough.

It is past time to send the illegals home to wait and come to this country legally, use their own names and SS numbers.

Post 54 by itsreenw stated:
"... When "illegal aliens" come to the US, they don't steal people's identities, they buy their Identification documents from identity theft rings.
"They don't know if the names on the ID's they buy are real people or fictitious names. ..."

For sake of discussion, let’s say Illegal-Entry-Immigrant (IEI) identity-buyers do not know whether IDs they’re buying relate to 'real people' or to 'ficticious names'
do they believe these are lawful purchases?

Do they believe this is a lawful process of 'Americanizing' their names?

Respectfully, I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member