Stories they've told PART I ***LIST ONLY***

Grandma Flo said Misty hit Haleigh in the head with a piece of wood. Guessing April 2010, this ish has been going on for so long. Nancy Grace. Hope I did this right.

Ronald Cummings August 2009 (paraphrased) : Misty, Misty's stories and Misty and Ronald's past and whatever they know had nothing to do with it, Crystal and her family did it, ask them.

(The article also says that he came home while Misty was on the phone with LE but it is not clear who this is attributed to.)

Cummings said he and former girlfriend Misty Croslin — who he has since married and is now Misty Cummings — have been unfairly targeted.

“There should have been more attention to Crystal’s family,” he said. “I think they should have paid more attention to everyone rather than just me and Misty.”

He said questioning should have been broader.

“They didn’t have the big picture,” he said. “Why do they not question everybody?”

Cummings: It went ‘personal’

In recent interviews at Sykes’ Welaka home where Ronald Cummings, 25, and his wife live, he told the Times-Union the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office focus was shortsighted.

Standing outside wearing T-shirts with Haleigh’s likeness, Ronald and Misty Cummings said they gave dozens of hours of interviews in February and March, including her longest, which she said occurred just before the couple were married.

“I think the longest time I was in there was eight hours,” she said.

Ronald Cummings said the investigation went in the wrong direction.

“They took a child-abduction investigation and made it a personal investigation,” he said. “Instead of keeping the focus on finding Haleigh, they made the focus on Misty and what she was doing one weekend and what happened six months ago and what happened seven years ago. It was tunnel vision.”

Cummings has cut off interviews with investigators.

“Besides ‘No I didn’t have nothing to do with my child being missing,’ what do you say?” he asked.

Maj. Gary Bowling, director of law enforcement for the department, said detectives would like to interview Cummings again but have been resisted.

Cummings was at work the night his daughter vanished and came home as the 911 call to authorities was being made.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-08-09/story/haleighs_family_remains_divided_6_months_later

So Ron doesn't think Misty knows anything, or does he?

From Art Harris article posted Sept 24 2010

A month after his daughter vanished, Cummings married Croslin, later explaining his love logic to me over fried grouper and sweet tea at MeMa’s café, that if she left town, he might never find out what happened to his daughter. “You keep your friends close and your enemies closer,” he told The Bald Truth.

Shoemaker scoffs at such pill-smuggling claims as ridiculous, as well, sour grapes, natural family enmity born of drugs, feuds and violence. Indeed, Lisa Croslin tells me guards are careful to make sure Hank and Ronald don’t cross paths on the yard, where Croslin relays to me via family that he hears Cummings cursing and taunting him, screaming he hopes Misty “gets what’s coming to her” and “gets what Haleigh got!” Or, if he sees Hank in the yard, yelling from his cell window, “that’s Misty’s father, someone needs to do to him what Misty did to Haleigh!”

In the war of curses and credibility between thugs, bad Dads and drug dealers, Shoemaker argues how “Tommy has changed his story from going to the trailer at 10 p.m. on Ronald’s behalf to going there later with Joe to steal a machine gun. Based on my conversations with Ronald, he wasn’t concerned if Misty was there. He kept calling because it went straight to voice mail and he assumed she turned off the phone because she wasn’t there.”

So, does Cummings believe Misty is a killer?

“He has no idea what happened to Haleigh,” says Shoemaker. “Whether she had something to do with it, he doesn’t know. But he does believe she holds the answers.”

http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/24/exclusive-kiss-ronald-cummings-bye-bye/
'

If he doesn't know what Misty did to Haleigh, what does he mean someone should do to Hank?

Ronald Cummings from jail early 2010: Once he got Misty arrested, he thinks Crystal is gonna make Haleigh pop up in Texas.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1002/15/ng.01.html

NEVES: They made a big deal about that on all the TVs and everything. I said you got Misty in that cell over there which nobody else would do.

CUMMINGS: Nobody else could do.

NEVES: Yes. So you know, you`re just -- I`m very proud of you. Don`t you let anybody tell you that I`m not.

CUMMINGS: Well, the way I see it, I already told you.

NEVES: Yes, I know.

CUMMINGS: If one of the two of them, the whole time we figured it`s got to be one of the two of them. If it`s one of the two of them, then they got it pinned in a corner now because Crystal could wait six or eight months, she just pops up over here or wherever in Texas and move to Montana, whatever. You know and -- or the worst, so, either way we`ll know.

So does this mean someone should make Hank Sr. go to Texas or Montana?

Back to finish my post above from yesterday, (I can’t edit previous post to add this detail). Transcription by me. This interview is always worth another look, IMO.

msnbc.com Video Player

3/12/09. Meredith Viera interviewing Ronald & Misty on the Today Show couch. Just after the wedding. Meredith invites Misty to address inconsistencies in her story. It seems...specifically...where Haleigh was sleeping.

Short commentary: I noticed watching this time - Misty starts the story by shaking her head "no" while she says she put Haleigh to bed a 8 o'clock...

Also noticed, in various other parts of this interview, that it seems to me Ron has a nervous smirk come over him whenever he's telling what we now know to be not exactly the truth. e.g.: They absolutely both passed the lie detector tests. John Merchant told him that Misty is not a suspect.)

My final comment here - defensive/defiant interview. No one here is in mourning.

(@ Six Minute Marker):

Meredith:
I think part of the problem has been, Misty, that there has been a certain number of inconsistencies – inconsistencies - or what’s perceived to be inconsistencies – because you first said that Haleigh was in bed with you, then you said she was on the mattress next to you.

This is an opportunity to clarify. You’ve had time to think through what happened that night. Can you walk us through it one more time Misty? Your best recollection of what happened on the night Haleigh disappeared.

Misty:

Well, I put her to bed at 8 o’clock. I was washing my blank-uh- our blankets and … after that was done I put her blanket over her - she was sleeping - when I put her blanket on her…

Meredith:

Was she in the bed?

Misty:
She was in her bed.

Meredith:
Her bed.

Misty:
In her bed. And … Junior was in the bed with me. And … it was about – I don’t know - what time - it was about 10 oclock. I finally lay down and went to sleep. I woke up at 3. And I noticed that - I got up to use the bathroom, and I noticed that the kitchen light was on. So I walked into the kitchen and that’s when I seen the back door open. So I run back to my bedroom to grab my phone to call Ronald. And … that’s when I noticed Haleigh was gone.

Meredith:
And so you called Ronald, and then Ronald did you come home?

Misty:
He... (clears throat)

Ronald:
I was pulling in the driveway.

Misty:
He was a-pullin' in the driveway. (my note: Misty simultaneous-echoing of Ronald here)

Meredith:
At shortly after 3 o’clock in the morning, you’re saying.

Ronald:
Yeah. I was pulling in the driveway - just home from my shift at work.

Meredith:
So why were there … ins … help me out Misty, why were there inconsistencies? Why did you say one thing one…one time and one thing another…one thing the other? …

Misty:
Um…(loooooooooooonng pause...Ronald stone-stare ahead.)…I don’t know.

Meredith:
But you … but you know you did do that.

Misty:

(Pause…)Yeah

Meredith:
And you’re not sure why.

Misty:
No.

Matt Safer of Fox 35 News interviewed Chelsea about the van on March 18, 2009. Several days earlier, LE returned the van to her full of tape and white fingerprint powder.

Chelsea says Misty called her and Timmy at 4 a.m. on 02/10/09 to tell them Haleigh was missing. Later, when she and Tim left their house to go to the MH (about 6 a.m. according to another interview), Chelsea "immediately noticed" something unusual about how the van was parked.
I know I don’t park like that, and I was the last to drive the van.
She goes on to say that Misty called her later that night to ask about a scratch on the side of the van.
The day Haleigh went missing, everyone was looking for her…she (Misty) called me later that night and said Chelsea, please tell me you’re the one who put the scratch in my van. I started crying and told her there’s no way I put the scratch in her van.
According to the article, Chelsea suspects cousin Joe used the van some time during the night.

I’m not accusing anybody…it’s just me being a mom and believing what I believe and piecing things together, I almost feel like might know who it is...
A video of the interview accompanies the written article at the link.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/031809_haleigh_van_questions

Oh Hold up! Maybe I am reading this wrong and that is why I am going to ask another opinion...

In this clip below is Shoemaker saying what it appears that he is saying?

snip~
In the war of curses and credibility between thugs, bad Dads and drug dealers, Shoemaker argues how “Tommy has changed his story from going to the trailer at 10 p.m. on Ronald’s behalf to going there later with Joe to steal a machine gun. Based on my conversations with Ronald, he wasn’t concerned if Misty was there. He kept calling because it went straight to voice mail and he assumed she turned off the phone because she wasn’t there.”
end snip~

So is he saying that Ron assumed she had turned her phone off because she was not there at the MH?
WTH?????

ETA- If that is so then it makes dodie's theory just posted in other thread ALL THE MORE BELIEVABLE???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woudnt know where to start,with the stories they have told.When did they start(the lies),who told the first story?I do think that the truth is within the nature of the lies and WHO told them.
I think the people on this site are fantastic and I would want everyone of you in my corner.I admire you all and your opinions.I hope and pray everyday ,like all of you ,that little Haleigh is found and justice prevails.

I woudnt know where to start,with the stories they have told.When did they start(the lies),who told the first story?I do think that the truth is within the nature of the lies and WHO told them.
I think the people on this site are fantastic and I would want everyone of you in my corner.I admire you all and your opinions.I hope and pray everyday ,like all of you ,that little Haleigh is found and justice prevails.

Amen..........I think it started with the 911 call........."we can't find our daughter". What's her date of birth? Misty to Ron: What's her date of birth?

They can't find "THEIR" daughter but she doesn't know her date of birth.

"How could you let MY daughter get stole"? This was uttered by RC. How did he know she got "stole"? Right from the very first time they opened their mouths the lies began to spew.

Tonight Art Harris stated on JVM that two weeks ago Misty was interrogated and stated Tommy left the trailer with Haleigh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back