student kills self after webcam spying UPDATE: Conviction Overturned

I am watching the local tv station as the web streams are not working.

His mother is another who is only speaking of her son and barely touched on the loss of Tyler...they are not asking for leniency...and DR is now wiping tears away seeing his momma cry...he has no remorse...all this talk of DR is making me ill....

:banghead:

If she thinks this trial affected his health, wait till he gets to prison..

for he needs to go to prison...he rolled the dice and lost...at least you still have him alive...the Clementis' don't have that luxury...she thinks DR has suffered enough...not by a longshot dear woman...say good bye...he might be intelligent but is ignorant to others...she's hugging him probably for the last time for a long time to come...no DR will NOT address the court...

DR has been living in hell for the past 20 months. Please give him a chance to live a normal life.

She is just completely devastated and crying. DR not addressing judge.

Sentencing now...

DR has been living in hell for the past 20 months. Please give him a chance to live a normal life.

She is just completely devastated and crying. DR not addressing judge.

Sentencing now...

OMG … how about the HELL (and the pain) the Clementi's will live in FOREVER without their son.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL THE UPDATES FOR THOSE OF US THAT CANNOT SEE THE TRIAL. TY TY TY TY

I really thought the judge would take a break before sentencing, but I guess not. The judge definitely does not seem happy.

Judge states that he has read both the Clementi's and MB letters, and they do not appear to hate DR, unlike the DT has stated.

Speaking that this as effected four families - Clementi, Ravi, MB & Molly's.

Bringing up Molly's actions. Molly testified as she agreed to. She has PTI for three years, 300 hours of community service each year. She has already done 250 so far this year.

Mr Ravi - let me say in advance this is not to disparage you or demean you - for the record. I heard this jury say guilty 288 time, 24 questions - and I have not heard you apologize once. The letter you gave in pre sentences is unimpressive. You did not even mention MB or the 7 cover-up charges. The person who described your conduct best is not hear to speak - Tyler.

Your letter of apology does not even mention MB - and he wrote a letter to help you with your deportation issue.

Opening statement - PT described your conduct as mean spirted and criminal - your DT described it as juvenile and prankish. It comes down to which side of the camera you are on. Now you can appreciate how Tyler felt.

DR not a risk for repeated criminal behavior.

Judge - Chastising DR for not standing during sentencing

the content below may not be correct - I will change if ness.

Judge: this was a bias crime not a hate crime.

Report to jail on May 31st -30 days, all counts to be concurrent.

Mostly talking about the cover up and evidence tampering - cold, calculating and methodically conceived.

Counts 1 through 4 - straight probation
Counts 5 though 6 - straight probation
Counts 7 and 8 - 30 days county jail - not prison (sept 19 could be be seen as a mistake, but not sept 21)
Counts 9 to 11 - straight probation
Counts 13 to 15 - (text message deletion) (no credit for time served) 300 days of community service

30 days, 3 years probation, 300 hours, per year, of community service, 10K fine, recommends that DR not be deported.

Declines to comment on civil liabilty.

DT asking to stay sentence, PT not happy with no prison sentence, also requests stay.

Judge states he has no intention of granting a stay.

I don't believe he will get prison time...just by the way the judge is speaking about DR...

May 31, 9am to report to the Middlesex County of DOC for a 30 day jail term...

This is surely too lenient...

all the judge is saying doesn't meet the sentence he handed out...

never apologized to MB....

cold, calculated and methodically conceived....

That's a pathetic sentence. Are they at least going to deport him when he's finished it?

OMG DR only got 30 days???? OMG.

DISGUSTING and DISTURBING.

I don't understand only why he only got 30 days in jail???!!! And, he's gonna get probation but I don't know how long.

That's a pathetic sentence. Are they at least going to deport him when he's finished it?

I don't think the judge has any impact on possible deportation, but who knows. I am very disappointed in this sentencing :(

30 days in jail, 3 years on probation including mandatory counseling on alternative lifestyles. Mandatory community service, though I missed the # of hours. And, a $10k fine.

The judge is recommending that he not be deported.

The apple does not fall far from the tree. I wonder about Ravi's childhood; target of abuse or had permissive parents, troubled relations with parents, etc. He reminds me of Casey Anthony or Seung-Hui Cho. Ravi likes having fun and needs to be around people. He has issues of self-hatred and paranoid in nature. He is emotionally cold, like Cho and to some extent Anthony. Cho is more psychotic and massacred 32 people at Virginia Tech.

Both sides request a stay judge denies it. Pros is appealing sentence!

Defense all laughs, sickening.

Both sides request a stay judge denies it. Pros is appealing sentence!

Defense all laughs, sickening.

Oh Dear God … I just cannot stand hearing that … again this is a JOKE in my book. One Huge Joke.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Well, a message has been delivered. He received jail time, and that will be it. Neither the Clementi's nor MB wanted a long sentence, just enough to send a message.

Sad all around. This will follow DR for the rest of his life - whether he cares or not we may never know. He has ruined many lives with his criminal actions and is now a big boy off to the big boy jail.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/05/dharun_ravi_sentenced_to_jail.html

eta: It spoke volumes to me that DR would not even stand and speak for himself in his own defense. Nothing should have stopped him from addressing the court today as he was already found guilty. I think he is a coward.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back