Study: 1 in 4 teen girls has an STD

Okay, I heard on this morning's news radio that this study covered only HPV, trichomonas, chlamydia and herpes. They were not even including syphillis, gonorrhea, or HIV. If they included those, the numbers would be much higher. YIKES!

My friend is a coder for hospital and Dr. offices charts. She says STD's are rampant in young teens,as well as abortions. She codes them so much,she knows the code #'s by heart.
I blame the parents somewhat for the "anything goes" mentality. I can't tell you how many friends I have who allow their kid's boy/girlfriends to sleep with each other in their homes,because "they are going to do it anyway".(These are high school kids).I'm sorry its a matter of respect and its just not acceptable in my house.

Syphliss is extremely rare in straight couples, but it has made a surge recently in the gay male population.

I am surprised gonorrhea was not in the Top 4, that is also popular.

Schools and parents need to preach condom use. They help protect against STD's and pregnancy. 2 for 1.

My friend is a coder for hospital and Dr. offices charts. She says STD's are rampant in young teens,as well as abortions. She codes them so much,she knows the code #'s by heart.
I blame the parents somewhat for the "anything goes" mentality. I can't tell you how many friends I have who allow their kid's boy/girlfriends to sleep with each other in their homes,because "they are going to do it anyway".(These are high school kids).I'm sorry its a matter of respect and its just not acceptable in my house.

The same thing goes on here. It seemed like I was the only parent who said no. I think what drove me the most nuts were the parents who were serving alcohol and saying it was ok because the kids were sleeping over.
That really pissed me off.:furious:

Here! Here! Several years ago I went to the Mütter Museum in Philadelphia. It is a fabulous medical museum with specimens of all kinds of medical oddities and antique medical equipment.
Cyrpos, I've been many times. I live in Philly. Ain't that place something?

Mother's be smart and pay attention of this report.
I am copying the ariticle and making my teen read it.

...In my virology and bacteriology classes, we learned that the estimated percentage of people infected with genital warts (HPV) is predicted to be 50%. Most people never show any symptoms so they never know that they have it.....

Some strains of HPV cause genital warts but just because you have HPV does not mean you have genital warts. There's over 100 strains of HPV. Numbers 6, 11, 42, 43, 44, 55 may cause genital warts (6 and 11 cause something like 90% of genital warts). 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 56, 58, 59, and 68 are the strains that are considered high risk for the development of cancerous or precancerous conditions. Other strains can cause things like plantars warts or cancers of the mouth and throat. (The CDC has great, detailed info about the different strains.)

Becca

Cyrpos, I've been many times. I live in Philly. Ain't that place something?

Filly im from near philly ... wilmington, de !!!

GO EAGLES !!!!!!!

and right now ........... GO FLYERS !!!!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back