Summary of Damien's Mental Health History

In his book, Almost Home, he talks about his withdrawal when he went off of meds cold turkey when he was taken to Death Row. So, I don't believe that he's on meds right now. I've been saying the same thing about a recent psych evaluation, but I don't know if one is in the works.

In his book, Almost Home, he talks about his withdrawal when he went off of meds cold turkey when he was taken to Death Row. So, I don't believe that he's on meds right now. I've been saying the same thing about a recent psych evaluation, but I don't know if one is in the works.

Thanks. If he hasn't had one, he certainly should. Though I can only imagine how many years on death row would affect the brain - yikes.

I did go off anti-d's this year after being on them since 2006 when mum died. It wasn't easy, and still isn't. How one can sit in prison without being on "something" I just can't comprehend.

MOO

Mel

Hang in there! You know they say that time heals all wounds. My dad died in 1998, and I still miss him sometimes.

I don't know that DE has been formally diagnosed as bi-polar. But just in case, it should be said that the overwhelming majority of bi-polar individuals never kill anyone.

I don't understand the emphasis on DE's psych evals from the early 90s, unless it's the lack of other evidence against him. Surely people aren't claiming that we should return to the days of just locking up everyone with a mental illness every time a violent crime is committed!

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that the nons are desperate. They have no evidence against Jason. Jessie's "confession" is falling apart, lie by lie. All that's left is Damien. They have no physical evidence against him, so they go for the psych angle. Like I said, desperate.

Nope, not desperate! just pissed that people are SUPPORTING three child killing scumbags.

Nope, the nons are the ones supporting a child killer.

How come this "child killer" TH has not been in jail for the last 18 years but "innocent" D, J & J have been?

LE has nothing on TH; His hair is nothing else than secondary transfer.

Give it up! It's Game Over for Damien, Jessie & Jason and it has been for the last 18 years.

LE did not investigate TH back in '93. So, the Pasdar attorneys did the WMPD's job for them. And, believe me, they didn't play their entire hand during the Pasdar proceedings. The defense has the evidence against TH, and they will present it in December. Eventually, the WM3 will be freed and TH will get Damien's old cell, if he's lucky. I'd prefer him to be in gen pop myself because cons don't think too highly of a who allowed three innocent teens to spend half of their lives in prison for a crime that they didn't commit.

I don't know that TH or anybody else will ever be convicted of these murders. Too much time has passed, too many mistakes were made, and too many people will be embarrassed if anyone other than the WM3 is ever charged.

We may have to be content with knowing that at least the wrong people are no longer in prison.

Unfortunately, Nova, you're probably right. They won't prosecute TH because of all of the above. The nons will bark (See? We told you he was innocent) but the caravan (freedom for the wrongfully convicted) will move on. A girl can dream, though, can't she?

I do take this very seriously .
As a mother of 3 sons that aren't perfect they have also never started fires nor tried to gouge someones eyes out . That doesn't say that Damien is a murderer either though but he did have deep problems IMO .
As far as the withcraft stuff goes ...I think alot of kids 'try' that for effect or attention or to be different .
The threats to harm himself and his mom is very serious though .

They are frightened of him and what he can do

This really bothers me . The obviously wanted him to get help ..I think a part of him wanted help for himself too but with his impulse problems and adnitted drug use it was impossible .
The glue sniffing or huffing? doesn't that cause alot of brain problems rather quickly?? I don't know alot about it except that it kills alot of kids every year.

According to Damien in his book, Almost Home, being admitted to a mental hospital was one way Jerry Driver had of "punishing" teens who resisted his sexual advances. However, given the abject poverty in which Damien lived, I believe his hospitalization provided him with food and shelter that he didn't have outside of the hospital. Is it possible that he "exaggerated" some of his symptoms in order to stay a while longer where he had better meals and shelter than otherwise? It is possible IMO.

I believe that Damien had some mental problems. They could have been at least partially caused by drug use, but I believe that they stem primarily from living in poverty and being as intelligent as he is. However, as you said and as I have said repeatedly, no past mental problems (or even existing problems at the time of the crime) proves that Damien murdered those little boys. I see where it makes him a person of interest, but, with no additional evidence, it should have ended there.

According to Damien in his book, Almost Home, being admitted to a mental hospital was one way Jerry Driver had of "punishing" teens who resisted his sexual advances.

Really? Who else did he have committed to a mental hospital?

That rascal, Jerry Driver. I'll bet he even convinced the SSA to give Damien a 100% mental disability!

Those SSA mental disabilities aren't that difficult to obtain. I taught several students with them, and they would joke about "acting crazy so the government will send my mama more money." The first time I heard about it I thought the person telling me was joking. He wasn't.

There are two groups of students who are given special treatment in public schools. Special Education students receive modifications to their instruction based on their learning disabilities. The "504" students (which includes the SSA mentally disabled along with those who are physically disabled) receive accommodations, which are so similar to modifications that it is a distinction without a difference. If a 504 mentally disabled student acts out in class, it is reported and the family often receives an extra disability check.

I don't know how many people Jerry Driver had committed to a mental hospital. However, in his capacity as juvenile probation officer, he would have considerable input on such decisions. I doubt that Damien was the only juvenile who was admitted to a mental hospital because his probation officer recommended such a move.

I don't know how many people Jerry Driver had committed to a mental hospital.

Then why did you say this:

According to Damien in his book, Almost Home, being admitted to a mental hospital was one way Jerry Driver had of "punishing" teens who resisted his sexual advances.

You obviously believe Damien, even though he has provided no documents proving that Jerry Driver had other teens committed to mental hospitals.

Neither have you, for that matter. You accept it as true, without question, simply because Damien said it. And then you spread it around message boards.

Sooo, did he commit two teens? Three? Fifty?

What were their names? When were they committed and for what reason?

Come on, a little documentation here, and I just might take you seriously :floorlaugh:

You do realize that Jerry Driver resigned from the WMPD, moved to Florida and ended up doing time for a felony, right? IIRC, it was extortion or fraud. Whatever it was, it kinda discredits him as a witness, wouldn't you say? As far as how many teens were committed to a mental health facility by or because of Driver, those types of medical records are confidential.

So, unfortunately, there's no way to verify how many teens he was responsible for having committed. Damien just said that later he talked to "many" teens who had had less than satisfactory encounters with Jerry Driver. Usually, if the boys refused to grant him sexual favors, Driver would have them thrown in jail, which could later land them in the nut house.

I don't deny that Damien would possibly have benefited from mental health treatment at the time of the murders. Most teenagers would! However, as I have said repeatedly, he could be crazy as a bedbug, but that doesn't make him a murderer. His past mental health issues made him a person of interest. However, no other evidence has been produced in the last 18 years that links him to this crime.

None of his long, black hair was found at the discovery ditch. Only red beard hair most probably belonging to Terry Hobbs and hair most probably from David Jacoby. Nothing tested so far has been shown to contain Damien's DNA or the DNA of any of the WM3 for that matter. Footprints made by tennis shoes were found at the discovery ditch, but the WM3 wore boots. The tennis shoes that Jessie gave Buddy Lucas didn't match, remember?

So, where is the evidence that Damien is a murderer? Exhibit 500, the nons Bible, proves nothing except Damien was a very troubled teen. The fiber evidence proves nothing. The lake knife was never linked to Damien or any of the WM3. Jessie Misskelley's statements don't hold up to the evidence in the case. In short, there is no proof and, come December, I feel confident that Judge Laser will finally see that the emperor has no clothes.

You do realize that Jerry Driver resigned from the WMPD, moved to Florida and ended up doing time for a felony, right? IIRC, it was extortion or fraud. Whatever it was, it kinda discredits him as a witness, wouldn't you say? As far as how many teens were committed to a mental health facility by or because of Driver, those types of medical records are confidential.

So, unfortunately, there's no way to verify how many teens he was responsible for having committed. Damien just said that later he talked to "many" teens who had had less than satisfactory encounters with Jerry Driver. Usually, if the boys refused to grant him sexual favors, Driver would have them thrown in jail, which could later land them in the nut house.

I don't deny that Damien would possibly have benefited from mental health treatment at the time of the murders. Most teenagers would! However, as I have said repeatedly, he could be crazy as a bedbug, but that doesn't make him a murderer. His past mental health issues made him a person of interest. However, no other evidence has been produced in the last 18 years that links him to this crime.

None of his long, black hair was found at the discovery ditch. Only red beard hair most probably belonging to Terry Hobbs and hair most probably from David Jacoby. Nothing tested so far has been shown to contain Damien's DNA or the DNA of any of the WM3 for that matter. Footprints made by tennis shoes were found at the discovery ditch, but the WM3 wore boots. The tennis shoes that Jessie gave Buddy Lucas didn't match, remember?

So, where is the evidence that Damien is a murderer? Exhibit 500, the nons Bible, proves nothing except Damien was a very troubled teen. The fiber evidence proves nothing. The lake knife was never linked to Damien or any of the WM3. Jessie Misskelley's statements don't hold up to the evidence in the case. In short, there is no proof and, come December, I feel confident that Judge Laser will finally see that the emperor has no clothes.

There was NO DNA to tie Jessie Dotson to the Lester Street murders that happened in Memphis....... BUT guess what...... He's now on Death Row.

Whoever killed those three boys were already in the woods........ I guess TH and DJ were already in the woods when Stevie, Michael & Christopher happened by.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back