Support for Kate Middleton, Princess of Wales

While you are right more consideration for all people would be good, it wasn't only Americans who wondered about the long hospitalization and anticipated fairly lengthy work absence after it was announced Catherine had had a planned surgery. And in my experience, not only Americans joke about health issues in general or about the health of members of the Royal family specifically. For example, I don't think it was Americans or the American media that came up with the moniker "Princess of Pork" for Sarah Ferguson. And the non-American media used to regularly make fun of Beatrice and Eugenie's weight (even though their weights were fairly average for the general public. Everybody isn't slim!)
MOO
Perhaps so on the comments about Sarah Ferguson, but in this situation with Princess Catherine, I was referring more to the terrible rumors and attacks in US social media and among US gossip media.

Perhaps so on the comments about Sarah Ferguson, but in this situation with Princess Catherine, I was referring more to the terrible rumors and attacks in US social media and among US gossip media.
Yes, you are correct that happened & it shouldn't have. But the UK tabloids & the UK television media weren't exactly silent either prior to Catherine's cancer diagnosis announcement. Nor have UK media been uniformly supportive and non-intrusive about King Charles' cancer situation. And while it was the Russian media circulating reports KCIII died on St. Patrick's Day, after his diagnosis was announced there have been multiple stories published by UK sources about funeral plans for him. Not exactly the way to help someone of any age fight cancer!

So historically as well as currently it doesn't appear to me joking about the British Royal Family (OR about other high-profile individuals) is an American problem but rather is a problem in human society (at least in human societies where people are free to make jokes about high-profile individuals.)
MOO

More than half of this whole mess was American..you just have to look at the American celebrities joking about it to be honest. The British media in this case was not as bad as it could be and then X was a monster as well as TikTok .

"Kensington Palace
has posted thank you cards
to members of the public
who sent their well wishes to the Princess of Wales

as
she undergoes chemotherapy."

1712698346723.png

"Back in January when we were informed our beautiful Princess of Wales had undergone surgery I sent her a card with our (my family and I) sincerest best wishes for healing and of course an abundance of love.

Today I received this beautiful acknowledgement and I can honestly say I shall treasure this my entire life."

Last edited:
Respectively, this is a thread supposedly in support of Kate.
Yet here is a post wondering about what exactly she has. Can't we just let it all go and wish her a speedy and full recovery? And wonder instead about missing people?
Here in Canada the sentiment I hear, and agree with, is it is nobody's business, and everyone should leave Kate alone. Including Meghan's stepsister who said she is going to pursue Kate for a witness statement. Sickening. Jmo.

Last edited:
Seems to me, a lot was issued and/or repeated by the British press. Most of what I read about the royals comes from the British.

Thought this was to support Catherine, shame, it's turned into negative comments and blaming the Americans.
So sad and disappointing, as many and I do mean many Americans truly care about the Royals family, especially Catherine.

So sad ...

Moo

"Kensington Palace
has posted thank you cards
to members of the public
who sent their well wishes to the Princess of Wales

as
she undergoes chemotherapy."

View attachment 496153

"Back in January when we were informed our beautiful Princess of Wales had undergone surgery I sent her a card with our (my family and I) sincerest best wishes for healing and of course an abundance of love.

Today I received this beautiful acknowledgement and I can honestly say I shall treasure this my entire life."

Very nice.

I wonder if we should open a book as to when they'll start showing up on Ebay?

LONDON — Britain's Prince William is set to return to official royal duties on Thursday for the first time since his wife Kate, the Princess of Wales, announced she was receiving treatment for cancer.

William, the Prince of Wales and heir to the throne, will visit west London and the adjacent county of Surrey to highlight the work of community and environmental impact organizations in the area, Kensington Palace said in a statement on Tuesday.

They will be William's first public engagements since Kate made the shock admission nearly a month ago that she was undergoing chemotherapy for an as-yet unspecified form of cancer...

"Princess of Wales

becomes first member of the royal family

to be appointed a Royal Companion

of The Order of the Companions of Honour.

1713973883467.png

Sources say it is a symbol of the 'great esteem' the princess is held in by her father-in-law,
King Charles.

As well as being a personal thank you for her loyal service to the Crown since she married Prince William almost 13 years ago,
it is also an acknowledgment of her contribution to the arts."

King Charles III has given Catherine, Princess of Wales, a new title that marks a first in the history of the British royal family.

The palace announced a new list of honors on St. George’s Day on April 23, which included naming the former Kate Middleton a Royal Companion of The Order of the Companions of Honour.

The daughter-in-law of the king is the first member of the royal family to ever be appointed to the Companions of Honour.

The Order of the Companions of Honour was founded by King George V in 1917 to recognize outstanding achievements in the arts, sciences, medicine and public service, according to the royal family’s website...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back