Support for Kate Middleton, Princess of Wales

God bless Princess Catherine and her family. How devastating to have to deal with this awful illness and be allowed the privacy she and her family deserve. I will be praying for her and her family.

It is difficult to think what MAJOR abdominal surgery was required at her young age.....

I do fear that the latter tests after this surgery identified cancer, which makes me believe there was evidence of some type of metastasis...??...
Only thinking this because it seems to have been discovered with Post-surgery data.

I hope that the language of "preventative chemo therapy"...really does mean preventative.

certainly just moo imo questions.......
I would think having a hysterectomy is possible at 42. Maybe endometriosis and fibroids were causing issues. Many women suffer with this and then once they are done having children they opt for removal to not deal with the pain/excessive bleeding that can happen. If there are large fibroids present, I believe they would do abdominal surgery vs the less invasive way of doing a hysterectomy. That would require a lot more in the way of recovery. Then when they examine all that was removed they find that some of what they believed to be fibroids were actually cancerous.

This is just me guessing at a possibility. If she was just going in for a routine surgery and had no concern for cancer and then after the testing showed that something was in fact cancerous, it could explain why it was announced as just a surgery and time off.. then things turned once more results were back showing the cancer. The shock that must have been. :(

It is difficult to think what MAJOR abdominal surgery was required at her young age.....

I do fear that the latter tests after this surgery identified cancer, which makes me believe there was evidence of some type of metastasis...??...
Only thinking this because it seems to have been discovered with Post-surgery data.

I hope that the language of "preventative chemo therapy"...really does mean preventative.

Of course I don't know but I'd think she easily could have had a complete hysterectomy at age 42. That wouldn't be unusual. In fact, in the US the most common age bracket for that surgery is 40-44. Rapid Aging After a Hysterectomy: What to Know.

So far as I know, just about any body tissue removed during surgery is biopsied whether cancer is suspected or not. Again, we can't know but I'd not assume the cancer that was found had metastisized from somewhere else (no matter what the surgery was for.)
MOO

The recent public cancer disclosure was likely prompted by unauthorized access to the Princess's medical records, causing concern within the royal family about potential leaks to the press.

Princess Catherine's decision to make the announcement may have been influenced by the necessity to maintain control over the narrative and protect her privacy amid unwarranted intrusion into her personal health matters.

In conclusion, I am appalled by the intrusive behavior exhibited by both individuals and tabloids. We can all only hope that these events lead to greater respect for Princess Catherine's privacy and personal struggles, encompassing medical, mental, or any other challenges faced by all individuals.

I believe there is hope for humanity.

Women can end up having hysterectomies at any age. Whether they have side effects later depends mostly on whether they have their ovaries removed; this is usually not done unless there is something wrong with them too.

The only person I have known personally who had ovarian cancer and was later declared cured was having a hysterectomy for a non-cancer related reason, and the surgeon saw the cancer on one ovary, and they took it from there.

I just came back from grocery shopping. At the checkout counter, there on the racks were National Enquirer copies, with awful untrue speculative headlines. I was so upset, I found the manager to ask her to take those down. Why? she said, and refused.
All these disgusting publication issues need to be destroyed.
My thoughts are with Catherine and her family.

The recent public cancer disclosure was likely prompted by unauthorized access to the Princess's medical records, causing concern within the royal family about potential leaks to the press.

Princess Catherine's decision to make the announcement may have been influenced by the necessity to maintain control over the narrative and protect her privacy amid unwarranted intrusion into her personal health matters.

In conclusion, I am appalled by the intrusive behavior exhibited by both individuals and tabloids. We can all only hope that these events lead to greater respect for Princess Catherine's privacy and personal struggles, encompassing medical, mental, or any other challenges faced by all individuals.

I believe there is hope for humanity.

Agree completely. I wrote this exact thing in a PM.

IMO there’s a possibility that someone, (or as the news has said, potentially three hospital workers), attempted to breach her medical records. My speculation is that they may have been involved in her care, and perhaps someone thought that if they had documented proof that she had cancer, they could make a fortune selling this news to the British tabloids.

Of course I don’t know that for certain, but IMO it is a definite possibility.

I think Kate looked cornered. She may not have been at all ready for this, but between the abuse over the picture and the intrusion on her private records, she may have felt forced to deal with this earlier than she’d planned.

Kate certainly looked extremely pale and gaunt.

My identical twin sister had breast cancer when we were 31, way back in 1989, and I’m still not over the shock. Kate may have an army of staff to help her, but I am sure she is scared. Everyone with a cancer diagnosis is scared. So are all the family members.

As to being young for abdominal surgery, as someone posted above, in late 1981 when I was 24, I had a perforated ulcer eight days after giving birth and nearly died in the emergency room. An illness can strike at any time, unfortunately.

I agree that Prince or no Prince, William is after all a human being, and his wife AND father having cancer simultaneously is a blow to anyone. Even for a Royal.

Wishing the best to all of them. I hope Harry and Meghan do not try to worm their way in now, after how they’ve mistreated the family.

All JMO and JME.

And @IceIce9 , thank you for the thread.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add, be kind regarding this news.

Losing someone to cancer is a horrifying, painful and scarring event. You won't be the same if it happens to you.

Please be thoughtful in how you discuss this event.
It looks for the most part that everyone here has been more than kind.
Obviously cannot speak for any other sources including social media.
Omo.

I would think having a hysterectomy is possible at 42. Maybe endometriosis and fibroids were causing issues. Many women suffer with this and then once they are done having children they opt for removal to not deal with the pain/excessive bleeding that can happen. If there are large fibroids present, I believe they would do abdominal surgery vs the less invasive way of doing a hysterectomy. That would require a lot more in the way of recovery. Then when they examine all that was removed they find that some of what they believed to be fibroids were actually cancerous.

This is just me guessing at a possibility. If she was just going in for a routine surgery and had no concern for cancer and then after the testing showed that something was in fact cancerous, it could explain why it was announced as just a surgery and time off.. then things turned once more results were back showing the cancer. The shock that must have been. :(
Ita.
Kate has looked phenomenal for many years... I also worried for her as I thought she seemed too thin ; but maybe that's just some people's body types ?
Their kids are still young and need their parents !
The period of children's growing up is crucial, and cannot be overstated.
Imo.

Hoping and praying she and King Charles will fully recover.

IMO there’s a possibility that someone, (or as the news has said, potentially three hospital workers), attempted to breach her medical records. My speculation is that they may have been involved in her care, and perhaps someone thought that if they had documented proof that she had cancer, they could make a fortune selling this news to the British tabloids.

I think Kate looked cornered. She may not have been at all ready for this, but between the abuse over the picture and the intrusion on her private records, she may have felt forced to deal with this earlier than she’d planned.

My identical twin sister had breast cancer when we were 31, way back in 1989, and I’m still not over the shock. Kate may have an army of staff to help her, but I am sure she is scared. Everyone with a cancer diagnosis is scared. So are all the family members.

As to being young for abdominal surgery, as someone posted above, in late 1981 when I was 24, I had a perforated ulcer eight days after giving birth and nearly died in the emergency room. An illness can strike at any time, unfortunately.

I agree that Prince or no Prince, William is after all a human being, and his wife AND father having cancer simultaneously is a blow to anyone. Even for a Royal.

Wishing the best to all of them. I hope Harry and Meghan do not try to worm their way in now, after how they’ve mistreated the family.

All JMO and JME.

I honestly dont think the British tabloids would have brought them. Yes they are tacky but....they would likely get in serious trouble if they did that. Most refused to even publish the photo with her mum the other week and they would be buying info they shouldnt have had.

Just wanted to add, be kind regarding this news.

Losing someone to cancer is a horrifying, painful and scarring event. You won't be the same if it happens to you.

Please be thoughtful in how you discuss this event.

Yes, I was just thinking about my friend who had cancer, and the tremendous support she received from her cancer support group. I guess that Kate probably won't have that opportunity. Which is sad, it seems like she is more isolated than ever.

Thank you for this thread.

Today's news was so very upsetting. I cried when I heard and remain hurting and concerned for Kate and her family.

That said I am also encouraged by the Princess' attitude. Her poised statement was the epitome of strength and grace. She touched on the facts, gave a bit of a window into her own human frailties while standing strong for her children and thanking her husband. Her statement's close mentioning the many (millions?) worldwide impacted by cancer was so compassionate and authentic. MOO

I join you all in wishing her health, healing and happiness.

All JMO and JME.

Well said, and… it occurred to me earlier that given that William and Harry lost their mom when they were still young, that also must be weighing heavily in William’s mind as well, regarding his own children and Katherine’s health.

It doesn't necessarily indicate mets. For abdominal- type cancers, it often isn't revealed until after surgery when polyps or other tissue removed are tested for cancer. Dr. Otis Brawley spoke of this today on CNN. He said its not unusual. It often doesn't show up as cancer on x ray or other scans. For example, with a colonoscopy, the doctor can extract polyps, but can't tell if they're benign or cancerous until they're tested. Anyone who has had colon polyps knows that. They're usually benign, but you don't get the results until a day or so after your colonoscopy.

In the time after diagnosis of cancer, the doctors will conduct a lot of other tests and scans to rule out any problems. They may also do some tests to make sure you're healthy enough to tolerate certain types of chemo. In that sense, Kate has good prospects because she's young, fit, otherwise in good health. She can tolerate treatments and gain max benefit from them.

She may have gone through tests and scans for several days before all the analysis is done and a treatment plan developed. This is typical, recommended procedure. Many cancer therapies these days are "targeted" to each person's specific type.

Just for reference, here are some links to Otis' recent interviews on CNN about declining cancer mortality in the US, etc.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back