Support Thread: Jurors

Im glad to see folks still posting in the jury support thread. Im not outraged by the verdict but I am outraged at how the jurors have been treated and called stupid and lazy.

I'm another fiftysomething who isn't outraged over the verdicts. I guess different people are outaged by different things, and it takes more to get some of us outraged than others. I guess.

That was a good article. It's sad that it's not just the jurors but their families who have had to put up with extreme reactions to their doing their job as jurors. But it's good to know that some have seen the attention starting to wane. It'll go away completely over time, thank goodness.

I got a wftv alert on my phone that the names will be released per HHJP. Then I checked the actual article.

http://www.wftv.com/news/28673253/detail.html

An order was released on Tuesday stating that the names of the 14 jurors, that have not voluntarily released their names, will be released on or after October 25, 2011.

I was thinking they would drop today so this much better.

I got a wftv alert on my phone that the names will be released per HHJP. Then I checked the actual article.

http://www.wftv.com/news/28673253/detail.html

An order was released on Tuesday stating that the names of the 14 jurors, that have not voluntarily released their names, will be released on or after October 25, 2011.

I was thinking they would drop today so this much better.

I wonder if that date can, or will be extended.

There is a thread on the release of the juror names. :) Please keep this to the support thread. Thanks. And just as we will remove any non-support posts if you feel the need to discuss other posters Don't. TOS.

This is a support thread for the jurors not a safe haven to discuss other posters on this forum.

There is a thread on the release of the juror names. :) Please keep this to the support thread. Thanks. And just as we will remove any non-support posts if you feel the need to discuss other posters Don't. TOS.

This is a support thread for the jurors not a safe haven to discuss other posters on this forum.

Yeah, I stuck my head in there which may not be the best idea. If you don't feel my post is appropriate please delete it.
edit: I deleted most of the post. Not worth it. I'll just stick to the calm here.

I do bet NG is all over this ruling tonight, especially HHJP wanting the law changed.

I hope the cooling off period has had a positive effect on the reaction people will have about the release of these jurors names, in other words, I do hope there is no negative fallout towards the jurors now that the names have been released.

They were doing the job that was given to them, and personally, I think they did a good job. I do hope there lives can go on as normally as possible, and that there is not any foolishness that disrupts the lives of these jurors who are guilty only of performing their civic duty.

Support Thread: Jurors

Please don't post non-supporitve comments on this thread. I just removed two.

maybe i am missing something here. i haven't been on this earth more than 17 years so that is a huge possibility..but i just cannot bring myself to be "outraged" by any of this. all of the negativity is really getting to me, i have been reading this section less and less. it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. maybe i am niave. maybe i am just plain wrong. but i just do not feel anger or hatred for anyone involved in this mess. it just makes me very sad. maybe this is the mentality of my generation that i keep hearing about, in action. perhaps i have been raised to think that people are not accountable for their actions. but i just do not see it that way.

Child murder angers people. It always has, probably, hopefully always will.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back