Support Thread: Tony & Leonard Padilla

I think Leonard must be psychic since he predicted or told everyone the day before that LE might soon announce finding a body. That gave me hope since I thought he might be right, and he was!

Thank you, Tony and Leonard, for staying the course despite the opposition and criticism. You are both heroes in my eyes. Leonard, I watched you on GVS last night and I was disgusted by the way she spoke to you (and left a message to that effect on her blog.) She clearly has been out of the loop (another disappointment) and didn't know what she was talking about. Anyone familiar with what has transpired knows that through your involvement you have made many new friends. GVS didn't even know some key players! We are all mourning for this little girl and her abandonment by those who should have been looking out for her. Kudos to you for getting and remaining involved.:blowkiss:

p.s. Leonard, as I faithfully follwed NG's nightly show, the little "nuggets" that you would drop were some of the best moments for me. :)

This is an extremely important thread and I am honoured to be accorded this space to express my appreciation of Mr Leonard Padilla.

Upon the news of the 'discovery' on Thursday, Mr Padilla praised Nancy Grace for her persistent effort in showcasing missing Caylee Anthony, which he felt inadvertently led to the recent potential discovery of the child. At that moment, I thought it was ironic because, not only did I agree with Mr Padilla, I wished someone had jumped in to say the same about him.

While Mr Padilla's spectacularity in the media has been frowned upon, especially recently in the light of the JBP 'non' discovery and media fiasco that ensued, I think there are a large number of us who will concur that if it were not for the likes of Mr Padilla's insistence and persistence in this case - albeit his unconventional mannerisms displayed - if it were not for his own space with/in the media, Caylee Marie Anthony's remains may have been ignored for what it appeared to be - just a bag of trash or trash-bag. When the case began to lull, [like NG each night] it was Padilla's presence in the media i.e. his tidbits of information, his focus on recovery and so on that kept this story 'alive', embedded in our collective psyches, kept us posting our thoughts on this forum and inadvertently convinced a man to inspect a random garbage bag in the woods.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18285004/detail.html

Lenny, I don't know if you get a chance to read on WS these days, but this is your new Oregon friend who called you the other day. THANK YOU for announcing you will be giving the reward! Again, my friends and I send you a big group hug ~ and you know who to call if you are hungry for sandwiches again! :eat:

In the meantime, I wanted to publicly thank you once again for looking for ways to find goodness in this horrible and evil crime.

:grouphug:

:woohoo:

Thank you LP for caring about Caylee.
I applaud you for doing what many of us wish we were able to do, search. Just because you or Tim were not the heroes of the day, does not mean that your efforts went without notice.
Mr P, if you have collected funds for another search to take place, and now we know that doesn't need to happen, will you please consider placing those funds either into organizations such as TES, or into parental programs in the city of Orlando? Many single mothers need counseling, many need the help with getting an education. We can help to prevent such things as what has happened to little Caylee by helping young parents. In honor of Caylee, and in remembrance of what she has taught us all, I feel that these funds should be payed forward into such causes.
I hope that you are able to now find peace in your heart for the pain you feel for little Caylee, as the rest of us do. And I pray that you continue to remember her by never using this situation to your advantage, this as I pray for everyone who has had a hand in searching, or involvement in this case. I by no means suggest that you will, just as I will not suggest anyone else will, it is merely my plea that those who truly care do not exploit the situation in any way.
May God Be With You!

Beautiful post.

From Kimster's link above:

Padilla plans thinks the meter reader deserves some kind of reward and he plans to write him a check if the remains belong to Caylee.

"It's going to be a figure between five and ten grand involved easily," he said. "Nobody looks at bags out here in these palmettos, they just walk by it. This guy had the foresight to go over and do it."

You are a good man, Mr. Padilla. Way to go!

Thank you, Tony and Leonard, for staying the course despite the opposition and criticism. You are both heroes in my eyes. Leonard, I watched you on GVS last night and I was disgusted by the way she spoke to you (and left a message to that effect on her blog.) She clearly has been out of the loop (another disappointment) and didn't know what she was talking about. Anyone familiar with what has transpired knows that through your involvement you have made many new friends. GVS didn't even know some key players! We are all mourning for this little girl and her abandonment by those who should have been looking out for her. Kudos to you for getting and remaining involved.:blowkiss:

p.s. Leonard, as I faithfully follwed NG's nightly show, the little "nuggets" that you would drop were some of the best moments for me. :)

Couldn't have said it better lacey! ITA! :woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back