SURPRISE HEARING Friday 18th August

huh?

what i posted in the previous post does not make any sense to me, but is is being reported in main stream media sources as true.

I am sorry liljim, I wasn't meaning YOU left out a word lol. I was wondering if the media left somethin' out.

how can they release them if they are admitting there guilt, none of them have served there time and Damian is on death row, how on earth will he be released from there if he is now saying he is guilty

people who admit guilt do not get off death row,

The way it reads to me is that it's a quote from Steve Branch...?? Sloppy editing maybe?

I'm not going to look too much into the 'admitting and time served, etc.' I just can't see how that works. I mean the hearing they have waited so long for is just around the corner-why do this now?
My thoughts-and they're certainly not professional-is that this new judge has found something critical (dna/evidence/something) and is wanting it taken care of asap. Whether it's quieting the public once and for all with their absolute guilt or realizing some people messed up terribly and they should all be let out.
Damien is the only one that makes any sense to not be let go tomorrow....

Channel 5 Action news FB page just posted in their thread on the release that they are being told by sources ALL THREE may be released. It's going to be on the news at 5 in 30 min!

All three will admit guilt to the crime and two will be released with time served
Steve Branch, the father of one of the victims, tells us Damien Echols will be one of the men released

huh?

I've been following this case for years but have never posted on this particular thread until now, so hi everyone!!

Anyway... I am SO CONFUSED, are there any lawyers out there that can explain any of this?

All three will admit guilt to the crime and two will be released with time served
Steve Branch, the father of one of the victims, tells us Damien Echols will be one of the men released

huh?

Yeah.. wait, what? I thought the whole uproar was the fact that they were NOT guilty? So... they can get out if they say they are? This makes no sense unless they are saying they are accomplices and one of them did it? So confused :confused:
Where's Johnny Depp?

I am sorry liljim, I wasn't meaning YOU left out a word lol. I was wondering if the media left somethin' out.

oh! hehe no problem :)

yeah i still dont understand how this makes sense, i dont believe you can plea and admit guilt then walk out the door and claim your innocence can you?

maybe im getting this from too much TV but i thought that could invalidate a plea deal.

I've been following this case for years but have never posted on this particular thread until now, so hi everyone!!

Anyway... I am SO CONFUSED, are there any lawyers out there that can explain any of this?

There is a gag order so right now all lips are sealed...

Just going to wait and see.

I don't understand Damien's release since he is on death row which does not equate to time served.

If they are released I do feel for Todd and Dana Moore as they have no doubts in their minds that they are guilty.I think the same could be said for Melissa Byers if she were here.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds.

Where are you Compassionate Reader,iluvmua and justthinkin?What are your thoughts ladies?

if they plead guilty to enable them to get out of jail I will be so angered by them, they have spent years denying there guilt, people have given money to try to get new testing done and a new trial, to suddenly plead guilty in exchange for there freedom would be a kick in the face for all those who have supported them,

and I find it very hard to believe that they would let a man walk off death row and out of prison after he has confessed to the horrific crime of 3 children,

I am hoping the initial media reports are incorrect,

Rumours are running rampant all over the Internet at the moment, and I would advise people not to take them too seriously. If these three were really going to plead guilty, it would make no sense to let them out.

More likely they've made some kind of deal where they plead no contest and get to go home, while the state of Arkansas gets to save some face.

There is a gag order so right now all lips are sealed...

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post, I meant any lawyer members on WS that can explain the technicalities of a deal like this (if the reports are accurate).

I DO NOT believe they are guilty, but if they are admitting guilt to such a heinous crime and they served less than 20 years on life sentences (or a death sentence, in Damien's case), how would it make sense that they would be released upon admission of guilt? I feel like I've never heard of such a thing...

if they plead guilty to enable them to get out of jail I will be so angered by them, they have spent years denying there guilt, people have given money to try to get new testing done and a new trial, to suddenly plead guilty in exchange for there freedom would be a kick in the face for all those who have supported them,

and I find it very hard to believe that they would let a man walk off death row and out of prison after he has confessed to the horrific crime of 3 children,

I am hoping the initial media reports are incorrect,

That's what I was thinking.Plead guilty?Does pleading no contest constitute the same thing?I just can't imagine Damien getting out for that.

I know exactly what you mean by being angered if they admit guilt just to walk out.I understand 100%.

BUT....what if their lawyers told them it was their best chance at going home?What would you do?I've never been incarcerated so I don't know what it's been like for them...ecsp death row.It's all very confusing isn't it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back