SURPRISE HEARING Friday 18th August

IIRC, the assault occurred because there was a hole in the wall that allowed the other prisoner access to Damien's cell. When he told the guards, they did nothing to help him. He discusses it in Almost Home, and it's been a while since I read it.

ETA: Sorry, I just looked back at Almost Home. It doesn't discuss the rapes only the abuse by prison guards. I guess it was in one of his many interviews that he discussed the rapes.

Thanks for informing me of the details, as I said in my post I wasn't sure what had happened, but I did know that DE said he had been repeatedly raped, so I'm glad you gave more detail.

My last post was mainly to let the poster who said that they thought rape was unlikely to happen (sorry I forget who said that) on DR's because of prisoners being isolated, that there had been other prisoners on other DR's who had been raped, because they were - or used to be in the past, times when DR prisoners did mix.

When I remember the case, I will edit this post to give the example.

More on Hobbs from the same site:

Close associates and several members of Pamela Hobbs family gave sworn depositions with devastating accusations.

• Jo Lynn McAughey, Stevie's aunt, stated that Terry Hobbs repeated sexually molested his daughter, Amanda. She stated that he used cocaine, crystal meth and marijuana. She stated she was at the Hobbs house on May 6, 1993 and saw "Terry wash clothes, bed linens and curtains at an odd hour. [snip] ...he was not just washing the dirty laundry, but he was also taking clothes out of the dresser drawers and washing those, too." She stated she found Stevie's prized pocketknife, one he always kept with him, among Terry Hobbs belongings. Pam declared she was surprised that the knife was not found on his body. Jo Lynn said that Terry Hobbs had told her that his experience as a butcher gave him the skill to make the cut on Chris Byers' genitals. She stated she discovered Terry had a large cache of knives. In response, Terry Hobbs admitted to the drug use, gave contradictory stories about Stevie's knife, denied washing items on May 6th, denied discussing the murders with Jo Lynn and denied the molestation charges.
  • Judy Sadler, Stevie's aunt, stated Stevie told her Terry Hobbs locked Stevie in the closet and beat him. She said he forced Stevie and his sister Amanda to watch *advertiser censored*, and threatened to kill members of the Hicks family if Stevie told. She said Terry forced Stevie to sexually molest his sister and he made Stevie watch him masturbate. Terry Hobbs denied these accusations.
  • Sheila Hicks, Stevie's aunt, stated that Terry Hobbs whipped Stevie Branch leaving welts. She stated he forced Stevie to play "dead cockroach," lying on his back with his arms and legs raised and, when his limbs grew tired and he tried to lower them, Terry would "whoop" him. She also stated that Stevie talked about fights that Terry and Pam had and Stevie saw Terry strangling Pam. Finally, she stated in 1997 that she saw Terry Hobbs simulating sex with his then nine year old daughter, Amanda.
  • Marie Hicks, Stevie's grandmother, claimed that Terry Hobbs was physically and sexually abusive, used drugs and was alcoholic. She said that when Amanda Hobbs was young, she confided in her that Terry Hobbs stuck his finger in her "booty." Terry Hobbs denied all of this.
  • Amanda Hobbs, Terry's daughter, gave a devastating plea regarding her father's abuse. Terry denied the abuse and said he couldn't remember if he ever discussed this subject with her.
  • Sharon Nelson, Hobbs girlfriend, said that Hobbs claimed that he found the bodies before the police but left them there, undiscovered. Hobbs denied this.
  • David Jacoby, Hobbs friend, said that he only searched with Terry Hobbs briefly before dark. He also stated that when Terry Hobbs came to his house, he saw the three victims in the street behind him. Hobbs denied ever having seen the victims that evening and described repeated trips searching with Jacoby.
  • Mildred French, an elderly neighbor of his during the 1980s, said that she was sexually attacked by Terry Hobbs. She also stated that he claimed to have killed her cat. Charges were filed. Without actually denying the attack, Terry dismissed this as being ancient history. He admitted to being sentenced to counselling at the time. He denied saying he killed her cat.
http://www.jivepuppi.com/Terry_Hobbs.html

TH is MOO-is one scary dude!I am shocked that LE did not interview him what a few yrs later!!-

TH is MOO-is one scary dude!I am shocked that LE did not interview him what a few yrs later!!-

IMHOO he should have been interviewed by LE. Along with an interview maybe forensic testing on his clothing, shoes and other personal items.

They didn't interview him till 2007, and only then because former prosecutor Brent Davis told them to do so after the DNA results were announced.

One of the reasons they initially overlooked him may be because he left town shortly after the murders.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miXNTTCh0Ng&NR=1"]Terry Hobbs reacts to WM3 Supreme Court Order - WREG -Nov 4 - YouTube[/ame]

I have no link, only my cynic nature that tells me that this law will not stop the money train.

I agree there will probably be money made somehow. However, my citing of the Son of Sam law was in response to a specific allegation - that the WM3 themselves would write a book re-enacting the crime. That is impossible, and nobody should hold their breath waiting for it.

Terry Hobbs writing a book about "if I did it.." is a more likely prospect, and nobody could touch him if he did.

I am floored by Gitana1 post- it is jaw dropping and this man is not in jail-JUST WOW!!
I am so glad I do not live in the same town as him!!

I should have read to the end of the thread before posting. Like others, I have found nothing to suggest that Hobbs or anyone else had their teeth pulled to get away with a crime.

The fact is, dental care is practically non-existent in many areas of our country, if the person needing the care does not have the funds to pay for it.

I expect that there are tons of people in the West Memphis area that had to have their teeth pulled at some point.

No, few of the things I have posted above about Terry Hobbs lead me to believe he killed Stevie, Christopher or James (Michael), whose names tend to get lost at times in the debate. Really, similar facts can be claimed about Damien Echols.

Instead, it's the forensics. Hobbs DNA was found, IIRC, on the body (shoelace) one of the children, not his step-son. None of the WMIII DNA was found anywhere near the scene.

ETA the name James Michael Moore went by. See what I mean?

This is a good reason why there is reasonable doubt to the WMIII, there is actual linkage to Hobbs.

I am floored by Gitana1 post- it is jaw dropping and this man is not in jail-JUST WOW!!
I am so glad I do not live in the same town as him!!

SyraKelly,
He scares me. Lots of negative things seem to follow him.
Coincidence? I haven't a clue.

SyraKelly,
He scares me. Lots of negative things seem to follow him.
Coincidence? I haven't a clue.

I am just stunned right now-I mean I knew a little about him and the DNA,but none of that..Lord I am so glad I do not live next door to him..I would be sleeping with my gun under my pillow!!!

HRCODEPINK,
From somebody who waffles on this case I just wanted to say that your posts are a credit to the "innocent" side of the issue. I appreciate the way you answer questions with valid information and a respectful non attacking way.
:tyou:

Thank you so much! I didn't come to my conclusion of innocence for the boys lightly and I can clearly see and respect both sides completely. There is a lot of misinformation that can be heard from both supporters and non-supporters alike, and I believe that some of it comes from the fact that there are so many players in this case and often somewhat similar names and circumstances.

I also see no need for knee-jerk reactions and snarky-ness, or embellishments to the evidence from either side, as it makes you look silly when the bare bones of the case are boiled down and presented.

I must admit that for a long time I had my eye on no one but JMB. Evidence discovered that pointed in a different direction was a humbling experience as I found myself looking in his direction based on little more than his behavior in the first documentary and it made me realize that I was doing to JMB the same thing that was done to the boys in the first place and certainly 2 wrongs never make anyone right. Especially when it is the same wrongs being repeated. In addition, repeating misinformation, especially for shock value never changes the facts that are actually there. Having not followed closely for about 5 years, I still have some questions about JMB, to be honest, but none of them discount or exonerate TH in my mind when looking at all of the facts. I am going to be doing a little digging on that, in an effort to educate myself fully. I failed to do that once before in this case on this very board and found myself quite embarrassed.

After working several innocence cases, from a hands on, member of the defense team perspective you see a lot of things that the general public at large does not get to see and you learn about how insane the actual process is and how sometimes overwhelming evidence of innocence is not even looked at by courts because it is barred by procedural rules. I just keep reminding myself that the average everyday person off the street never gets to see what is going on behind the scenes and that is a shame. And while these procedures would appear to be a waste of time and money, I know of at least 138 people who thank their lucky stars that there are so many twists and turns and opportunities that stall the ultimate punishment. Some of them personally. And I can tell you that holding the face of a man who was just released, having falsely confessed to a crime that sent him to death row, and left him in prison for nearly 18 years was an experience that changed my life and my way of thinking about any and every case forever.

I have my suspicions on who really committed this crime and I believe that if guilty they should spend the rest of their lives behind bars...but even if I saw their rights being violated I would stand up and say something, because fighting for the rights of others is also fighting for the rights of yourself.

I've also never understood the fire in the woods scene either, unless there was some evidence undiscovered and needed to be rid of. He knew it was being filmed, how bizarre is this action from an adult?

About 5 minutes in:

Paradise Lost II: Revelations - part 6/9 - YouTube

I remember that. Some strange folks out of West Memphis. Byers behavior in this film was part of the reason some thought he was guilty.

But, some people do act strangely in such circumstances, I guess.

Now, despite the previous allegations against him and the angry statements by Echols about him, he steadfastly supports the WM3. Interesting.

BTW and very important, Merc, you should probably add a warning to your post. The bodies of the little boys as they lay in the woods can be seen in the video and it is highly disturbing. I covered my eyes the first time I watched that documentary and tried to do it again this time. Whew. Poor babies. It is horrific.

I am just stunned right now-I mean I knew a little about him and the DNA,but none of that..Lord I am so glad I do not live next door to him..I would be sleeping with my gun under my pillow!!!

Syra,
lol when I initially watched PLost and heard him speak and later heard other things about him (like what is listed above) I kept thinking....maybe he was an actor because no body is that weird. I've wisened up in the past 19 years and I now know weird scary people do exist. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFXsWO9OBMg&NR=1"]Terry Hobbs Speaks Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYLT4lb2SOk&feature=related"]Terry Hobbs Speaks Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4e8zUOpNiI&feature=related"]Terry Hobbs Speaks Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhEVugsKCKY&feature=related"]Terry Hobbs Speaks Part 4 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaCcoihhmX0&feature=related"]Terry Hobbs Speaks Part 5 - YouTube[/ame]

Syra,
lol when I initially watched PLost and heard him speak and later heard other things about him (like what is listed above) I kept thinking....maybe he was an actor because no body is that weird. I've wisened up in the past 19 years and I now know weird scary people do exist. :)

I have both of the PLS and I don't remember to much about him in them..I will have to watch it again! OH GOD he is going to give me nightmares...I am just getting over my Casey Anthony ones!!

Why did you think he was an actor in PL, guardangel?? Terry Hobbs was very, very quiet in PL. He appears on screen about three times and each time fades into the background and says nothing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URwFum_LzY8&feature=related"]Terry Hobbs Speaks Part 6 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT_9_X7_Z7g&feature=related"]Terry Hobbs Speaks Part 7 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5EJ6MlKleE&feature=related"]Terry Hobbs Speaks Part 8 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYjOTENDBsI&feature=related"]Terry Hobbs Speaks Part 9 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZy02evr2e0&feature=related"]Terry Hobbs Speaks Part 10 - YouTube[/ame]

Steely Dan is there transcripts to this interviews?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann
Back