Susan G. Komen charity pulls grants

There is so much irony for me in this story....

When we were teenagers, my BFF went to PP to terminate a pregnancy. She was so scared and alone and not able to tell her folks. My folks helped her and she never really got over it.

When she was 37, she passed away from breast cancer, leaving behind 5 and 2 year old sons.

I have donated generously to the Susan G. Komen foundation ever since, but I'm going to have to re-evaluate that now.

Women's health care is not one-dimensional and should never be reduced to one concern or another. Nor should it be judged or politicized by others.

MOO.
Exactly! Breast cancer doesn't care what your political affiliation is when it strikes, it affects Republicans and Democrats equally, neither should funding be held political hostage! I too am going to have to think carefully about future donations to Susan G. Komen, as I strongly support PP! I will definitely continue to donate to the American Cancer Society.

I support SGK with my $ and my time. PP can take a hike for all I care.

I support SGK with my $ and my time. PP can take a hike for all I care.

Well....it seems if you support SGK, you also support PP. Hence the uproar.

I really do have to wonder why there is no cure for breast cancer after all these years. They do seem to have a pretty good handle on prostate cancer tho.....

You guys are going to think I'm crazy for this but when micro-wave ovens first came out my dad would not let us stand in front of them ever and he always unplugged them when not being used.

He'd been in WWII, knew of experiments with micro-waves and worked with electricity after the war installing electrical substations etc.

As he gently grabbed my arm and pulled me away from one while it was running,he said "Don't stand in front of those things ever,especially when they're running. No one knows what damage they can do to a body over time and that glass door is no protection."

I have never stood in front of one since and I think my sweet Daddy recognized danger and used caution.

A few years ago I asked my Gyn "Do you think that micro-wave ovens could possibly cause some breast cancer?" His comment was it hadn't been ruled out and he agreed with me that they usually are right at breast level when sitting on the kitchen counter."He himself said he would not recommend standing near one or in front of one when running.

I thank my Sweet Daddy for that advice and remember him every time I put food in the micro-wave. I will always suspect that that is the cause of some no matter what.

You guys are going to think I'm crazy for this but when micro-wave ovens first came out my dad would not let us stand in front of them ever and he always unplugged them when not being used.

He'd been in WWII, knew of experiments with micro-waves and worked with electricity after the war installing electrical substations etc.

As he gently grabbed my arm and pulled me away from one while it was running,he said "Don't stand in front of those things ever,especially when they're running. No one knows what damage they can do to a body over time and that glass door is no protection."

I have never stood in front of one since and I think my sweet Daddy recognized danger and used caution.

A few years ago I asked my Gyn "Do you think that micro-wave ovens could possibly cause some breast cancer?" His comment was it hadn't been ruled out and he agreed with me that they usually are right at breast level when sitting on the kitchen counter."He himself said he would not recommend standing near one or in front of one when running.

I thank my Sweet Daddy for that advice and remember him every time I put food in the micro-wave. I will always suspect that that is the cause of some no matter what.
We have a niece that believes the same thing (in fact, she won't cook with a microwave oven at all!)
However, the technology is not the same as they used in the 1940's and they don't use the radiation that is used in x-rays and nuclear reactors, if they did they wouldn't be able to sell them.
A more likely cause of Breast Cancer is too much Estrogen from eating high-fat foods and dairy products.

My Mother had breast cancer and did not have a microwave ever, She was old school cooked from scratch. Two of my sisters have also had breast cancer, both having both breast removed at different times, not both breasts at the same time but like 10 years apart. None of them were helped by PP. My older sister is still paying monthly for her radiation treatment no help available even though she is extremely low income , Social Security/ Medicare and most of that goes for her 2 insulin shots daily. PP is a joke as they have certain types of people they help and if you are NOT that type you do not get any help. I know this for a fact ask my sister. The other sister is an RN and had better insurance but would never use PP anyway.

My Mother had breast cancer and did not have a microwave ever, She was old school cooked from scratch. Two of my sisters have also had breast cancer, both having both breast removed at different times, not both breasts at the same time but like 10 years apart. None of them were helped by PP. My older sister is still paying monthly for her radiation treatment no help available even though she is extremely low income , Social Security/ Medicare and most of that goes for her 2 insulin shots daily. PP is a joke as they have certain types of people they help and if you are NOT that type you do not get any help. I know this for a fact ask my sister. The other sister is an RN and had better insurance but would never use PP anyway.

Ummm, what "types " do they help? Not a rhetorical question, I would like to know your answer for this.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back