Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused as to why he's segregated from other prisoners for 23.5 hrs per day

I had posted in the wrong thread sorry.. This is my 1st post.. I have been reading here at ws since before Caylee, but never joined.. joined during the Bosma case, and after some Toronto news today Im just seething mad. Many issues the city of TO have me pissd about today but main thing I think of is Etobicoke and the raids, yes Im glad theyre cleaning it up but Im questioning the timing. Why is everything political now.. everything. It saddens me. Its not about justice now. They move, and release things when its politically good for them, or under scrutiny, they make big scene doing a major bust theyve had the goods on for years but choose now to move in.. is because of Fords crap, Laura, being accused of cya.. my question mark isnt working or therd be one after each.. Im so mad Im seeing red having our country mocked because of Fords bs, Im not off topic atall because my thoughts are itll turn out to be related to this case, the drug ring, insiders, MTO, certain govt officials.. I know the city, and bet its all part n parcel

I have been busy following on Elainas thread the last week so I havent frequented much in here in this thread but theres much Id like to add one day if I get confirmation someone is the person I met in Vaughn awhile ago which brought me here, but I need to be certain first. Regardless, I had a horrible experience with the police in that city when I needed help and they were dispicable the things they said and did that day. I would never trust police there after that experience. And I commited no crime, have no record etc just called them for help.. worst thing I ever did!!!

Sounds like D M will take the stand and tell his story , but we wont know squat untill court , lawyer doesnt seem to be to concerned ,

If i were lawyer ,id be wanting disclosure ,to see if i can get my guy out on bail , why spend the summer in jail , lawyer seems to believe he can go to court with story he has so far ...

He should have disclosure by now, unless theyre not finished investigating or gathering evidence.. does that sound correct. (will fix my question mark by tomorrow..)

I am confused as to why he's segregated from other prisoners for 23.5 hrs per day

with his charges Im sure hed be pc.. protective custody, either that or in holding cell in a city jail which I doubt after all this time.

I wonder if they will be tried separately or together, if separate, this could push the date back even further.
I remember the VS case, the murder happened in april 2009
TM had her trial in april 2010 and a partial ban was lifted in Dec 2010.
MR's trial started in March 2012 and was sentenced in May of 2012......3yrs and one month later....the nightmare was over!

Im pretty certain they would be seperate trials.. and Im guessing that nightmare you mentioned is far from over. New can of worms opening up there I believe... :worms:

I don't know if it's possible for his lawyer to ask for segregation? IMHO, perhaps his lawyer feels that he would be "emotionally" damaged or something if he had to hang out with the rest of the people locked up? I'm thinking that someone like DM who is use to a life with no restrictions and free access to everything money can buy could have difficulty on many levels if he had to go into the general prison population? JMHO Is MS in segregation as well?

I don't know if it's possible for his lawyer to ask for segregation? IMHO, perhaps his lawyer feels that he would be "emotionally" damaged or something if he had to hang out with the rest of the people locked up? I'm thinking that someone like DM who is use to a life with no restrictions and free access to everything money can buy could have difficulty on many levels if he had to go into the general prison population? JMHO Is MS in segregation as well?

From what I have been researching online a person can request protective custody and it's also a decision made by Corrections officials if they deem the prisoner could be ''at risk'' (i.e. if they are a snitch or known to be in organized crime etc). I was curious too if SM had the luxury of being in protective custody too.

From what I have been researching online a person can request protective custody and it's also a decision made by Corrections officials if they deem the prisoner could be ''at risk'' (i.e. if they are a snitch or known to be in organized crime etc). I was curious too if SM had the luxury of being in protective custody too.

Here's more information on the subject:

Segregated inmates are most likely to be single, male offenders in their late 20’s to early 30’s, slightly younger than the non-segregated population (Wichman & Nafekh, 2001). Offenders placed in segregation tend to have more extensive criminal histories, more violent offence convictions, lower reintegration potential ratings, and higher security classifications at intake, than inmates who are not subsequently placed in segregation. The former group is also more likely to be assessed as higher risk and need. Throughout their sentence they show the greatest adjustment difficulties while incarcerated.

http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/rsrch/briefs/b39/b39-eng.shtml

Doesn't sound like DP asked for it, or even knows why he's being segregated (not that we can believe everything DP says).

"“He is getting into a routine, but I can indicate he is locked up for 23 and a half hours a day, and that is pretty tough for anybody,” said Paradkar, adding Millard was likely placed in isolation by prison officials for his own protection."

So if he's only out for 30 minutes, does that mean he gets his shower and visits only in that half hour?!

"“His mother is very supportive, his relatives and ... his friends have been very supportive, and they’ve seen him at the institution,” Paradkar said."

Link: http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/13/tim-bosma-murder-suspects-appear-in-court

Im pretty certain they would be seperate trials.. and Im guessing that nightmare you mentioned is far from over. New can of worms opening up there I believe... :worms:

:greetings: and welcome to the discussion!

Doesn't sound like DP asked for it, or even knows why he's being segregated (not that we can believe everything DP says).

"“He is getting into a routine, but I can indicate he is locked up for 23 and a half hours a day, and that is pretty tough for anybody,” said Paradkar, adding Millard was likely placed in isolation by prison officials for his own protection."

So if he's only out for 30 minutes, does that mean he gets his shower and visits only in that half hour?!

"“His mother is very supportive, his relatives and ... his friends have been very supportive, and they’ve seen him at the institution,” Paradkar said."

Link: http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/13/tim-bosma-murder-suspects-appear-in-court

Showers and visitors might be on alternate days.

I wonder if prison officials are worried he'll recruit new talent from general pop.

Sounds like D M will take the stand and tell his story , but we wont know squat untill court , lawyer doesnt seem to be to concerned ,

If i were lawyer ,id be wanting disclosure ,to see if i can get my guy out on bail , why spend the summer in jail , lawyer seems to believe he can go to court with story he has so far ...

Well now here's the thing. From my understanding, because of the severity of the charge against him, the onus is on DM to prove why he should be granted bail rather than in other lesser charge cases where the Crown has to prove why someone should not be granted bail.

So if he's got a good story, why is he sitting in jail for months waiting for all the disclosure before going before the judge to request bail? Why not throw his story out there now? It will match all the evidence right? :wink:

MOO

Showers and visitors might be on alternate days.

I wonder if prison officials are worried he'll recruit new talent from general pop.

Could be bessie. He's got money and likely some drug connections on the outside and the other prisoners are going to know about that. Pretty sure they have access to some television news in there. So he could become everyone's "friend".

Or it could go the opposite way. The other prisoners may see him as a rich spoiled brat. A pampered pretty boy who needs a good arse kicking for what he did to some innocent guy who didn't deserve to die because he put his truck up for sale.

MOO

Could be bessie. He's got money and likely some drug connections on the outside and the other prisoners are going to know about that. Pretty sure they have access to some television news in there. So he could become everyone's "friend".

Or it could go the opposite way. The other prisoners may see him as a rich spoiled brat. A pampered pretty boy who needs a good arse kicking for what he did to some innocent guy who didn't deserve to die because he put his truck up for sale.

MOO

I think it's because he is young, white and RICH. Unlike many of the incarcerated. JMO

I think it's because he is young, white and RICH. Unlike many of the incarcerated. JMO

Them themselves are evidence in a murder case...if they toss them in Gen Pop and they get killed...there goes any justice for Tim Bosma!
It feels good to know he/they get to sit alone ALL day long and think about what they did :)

"“His mother is very supportive, his relatives and ... his friends have been very supportive, and they’ve seen him at the institution,” Paradkar said

Where were all these supportive people when he was being charged?

"“His mother is very supportive, his relatives and ... his friends have been very supportive, and they’ve seen him at the institution,” Paradkar said

Where were all these supportive people when he was being charged?
But, seriously, what else is DP going to say? I think it could be important for DP to portray to us a DM who has many people caring about him. Since he's in segregation it could be hard to say who's visiting him? mmm I wonder if AM is allowed to see him? JMHO, but the novelty of visiting him at the Hamilton Detention centre may quickly wear off for friends..it's a long trip down the QEW, and after all, these are young people and life goes on- those visits may dwindle as time goes on. LE is doing such a good job at keeping things under wraps that there's nothing more to talk about-turns into same old, same old, how's it going, boring, boring, boring, sorry I didn't see you last month. Just my thoughts, but I would think that MS, since he has a larger family, may have more luck keeping the visitors coming. MOO

But, seriously, what else is DP going to say? I think it could be important for DP to portray to us a DM who has many people caring about him. Since he's in segregation it could be hard to say who's visiting him? mmm I wonder if AM is allowed to see him? JMHO, but the novelty of visiting him at the Hamilton Detention centre may quickly wear off for friends..it's a long trip down the QEW, and after all, these are young people and life goes on- those visits may dwindle as time goes on. LE is doing such a good job at keeping things under wraps that there's nothing more to talk about-turns into same old, same old, how's it going, boring, boring, boring, sorry I didn't see you last month. Just my thoughts, but I would think that MS, since he has a larger family, may have more luck keeping the visitors coming. MOO

Of course we can't know for sure, but I would think AM is one of the people on DM's (and MS's) no-contact list.

I agree with your post though. Life does indeed go on and there will always be better things for his friends to do than to go visit a jail, particularly a jail in a not-so-nice part of Hamilton.

I wonder if DM paid MS out in the days after the murder? Did MS come into some money in the days after TB went missing? When more than one person is involved in a crime and one has $$$, I would expect there to be some hush money involved. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean