Suspect #3: True or False

Status
Not open for further replies.
pointing out the comment above..I really do believe LE knows and has evidence that SMITCH is the one that killed TB no doubt both were there, no doubt both tried to cover it up but the whole tactical team for Smitch and not DM and the shackles for Smitch and not DM kinda shows he may be the one that they have some serious evidence about what actually went down.

I don't think shackles mean all that much other than MS likely showed signs of possibly being violent. Some have said that he looked jittery as if he was needing a hit and indications have been he used drugs and was intoxicated when arrested. If that is the case, he could (more than likely) be detoxing. Seizures can occur when detoxing especially with alcohol, possibly explaining MS's black eye. At any rate, during detox he could become violent or extremely agitated so shackles may be for the safety of those shuffling him back and forth. I'm just guessing here.

Maybe they were just a driver?

MS seems to be the dangerous one: when DM was arrested, it was without incident. When MS was arrested, they sent heavily armed tactical officers, and he showed up in court with a shiner he did not have at his sister's wedding days before...implying he probably put up a fight.

From what has been said, they were following DM for 4 hours in public and then arrested him (traffic stop?) while he was driving so they knew he was exposed so LE had the edge on him...as for MS it seems they were maybe watching the house or went to his house (not sure how that all went down) but assuming he was IN the house when they were going for him, they would need a large team to approach because of the unknown unlike DM being in the open and not knowing he was being followed, MS situation needed more man power....did MS sense or see something and booked it out the backyard fence....did he start walking down the street and they came at him and he ran?? I am now losing focus...

Are you guys really speculating a particular person is suspect #3? You'd better edit your posts immediately, or link up an MSM report that those initials match up with a named suspect! :tos:

This thread is closed for now and may remain closed. The guidelines were clear - we were to speculate and not start sleuthing someone not named in the MSM or by LE.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/police-question-existence-of-third-suspect-in-bosma-killing/article12370401/

However, Staff. Sgt. Kavanagh said investigators do not know who was driving the SUV and are probing the possibility that it was Mr. Smich.

“In reality, it could have been Smich,” said Staff Sgt. Kavanagh. “Smich could have got out of the Bosma truck and into the Yukon. So that’s why I say I’m not sure.”

The other possibility under investigation is that a third person dropped the pair off at Mr. Bosma’s home and then followed them as they drove west to Brantford and beyond.

How could LE have previously assured the public that the danger was over, when they apparently are not even sure if there is a 3rd person - so must not have a POI. What if there IS a 3rd person and he/she IS dangerous - I think the public should be aware. IMO

A team of 10 detectives is still working the case.

At least that is good news.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/police-question-existence-of-third-suspect-in-bosma-killing/article12370401/

How could LE have previously assured the public that the danger was over, when they apparently are not even sure if there is a 3rd person - so must not have a POI. What if there IS a 3rd person and he/she IS dangerous - I think the public should be aware. IMO

That article seriously pisses me off.

What is with the police now being wishy washy about the existence of this 3rd person? (doesn't that make the scenario with two people far less likely?) Why the comments about how lucky it is that one person overslept? Why isn't the transfer of three of DM's properties to his mother for $1 not part of this investigation or even considered suspicious by LE?

This investigation was going so well we were used to almost daily bombshells. Now it seems like it's going off the rails all of a sudden with LE looking like idiots.

I'm guessing that with two people and no third that the new story will be DM was driving behind the truck in the Yukon and not involved in the murder at all while apparently MS was test driving the truck and managed to kill Tim Bosma with his free hand at the same time. Really?

It makes the high political connections angle for the Millard family that I just proposed seem more likely.

That article seriously pisses me off.

What is with the police now being wishy washy about the existence of this 3rd person? (doesn't that make the scenario with two people far less likely?) Why the comments about how lucky it is that one person overslept? Why isn't the transfer of three of DM's properties to his mother for $1 not part of this investigation or even considered suspicious by LE?

This investigation was going so well we were used to almost daily bombshells. Now it seems like it's going off the rails all of a sudden with LE looking like idiots.

I'm guessing that with two people and no third that the new story will be DM was driving behind the truck in the Yukon and not involved in the murder at all while apparently MS was test driving the truck and managed to kill Tim Bosma with his free hand at the same time. Really?

It makes the high political connections angle for the Millard family that I just proposed seem more likely.

I agree that this article begins to undermine the confidence I had in the HPS. Up til this, I felt they were developing a solid case - this suggests they are still at a point of knitting together suppositions instead of facts.

With this, lots of questions arise about what they really do know. From what point in time & where exactly can HPS determine that a 2nd vehicle was following TB's truck? What lead them to come up with the 3rd person scenario in the first place? And what is leading them to back off that story now? Have they found some new evidence? If so, it may have been better public relations to have revealed it, rather than just come across as muddled.

Maybe LE is stumped, surely they've torn computers apart...questioned so many POI's and are getting no where. They are spending tons of money on this case and are at a dead end.
...OR maybe they're hoping that by saying there is no 3rd person, someone out there will get sloppy and do something to give themselves up!

I cannot see how Tim was murdered in the vehicle by DM's hands alone, there had to be someone else in the truck!! Unless he was shot or tasered...

What about MS's black eye and mark on his face...if LE did that when they arrested him, it would be kind of odd for MS to hide it from the reporters in the courtroom that day if he was innocent...you would think he'd want the world to see what LE did to him, (in his eyes) unjustly!!

Was it not written somewhere that a third man dropped them off and said he'd be back later to pick them up? Not that everything in print in factual but I definitely recall reading there was a third person. Or, was this just info relayed from the two who showed up to test drive the trucks?

IMO, the 3rd suspect would not be a danger to the public if he/sh were known to police and cooperating with police, in custody or deceased. Now without a POI, the 3rd suspect if he/she exists could be anywhere AND could be even more dangerous to the public. This person would have access to any of the information we can glean, can use this information to continue eluding police and perhaps go after revenge. If I were certain folk who have been named in the MSM, I would be going into hiding myself until this person was in custody. At this point, I don't have a lot of confidence in the TPS :banghead:

This is really confusing. I was under the impression that (a) MS was suspect #2 i.e. along for the test-drive; and (b) the video of the Yukon tailing TB's truck was captured shortly after the test-drive began. Am I wrong about this?

If there really is no suspect #3, then DM and MS likely drove themselves to Ancaster in the Yukon and parked it within walking distance of TB's house. Then the two of them, along with TB, got into the Ram for the supposed test-drive. Then TB was incapacitated/killed near the parked Yukon (either at the beginning or end of the test-drive), and MS hopped out leaving DM and TB in the truck while he followed in the Yukon. I don't think it would make sense to leave DM driving an alive-and-well TB with MS in another vehicle ... too much could go wrong for their plan.

I wonder if HPS is changing their tune about a suspect #3 because the forensics came back from Yukon and only showed traces of DM and MS behind the wheel?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ird-suspect-in-bosma-killing/article12370401/

However, Staff. Sgt. Kavanagh said investigators do not know who was driving the SUV and are probing the possibility that it was Mr. Smich.

“In reality, it could have been Smich,” said Staff Sgt. Kavanagh. “Smich could have got out of the Bosma truck and into the Yukon. So that’s why I say I’m not sure.”

[jash beat me to this thought ...]

This is actually quite plausible depending on when and where the footage came from of the Yukon following TB's truck. They could have both went on the test drive and incapacitated/killed TB and then circled back to pick up the Yukon. It would certainly help explain why there is so little information or worry about the 3rd suspect.

Was it not written somewhere that a third man dropped them off and said he'd be back later to pick them up? Not that everything in print in factual but I definitely recall reading there was a third person. Or, was this just info relayed from the two who showed up to test drive the trucks?

IIRC that came from TB's friends/family (either the facebook page or the Kijiji ad someone placed).

ETA it was Kijiji. The content of the ad can be seen in this post: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9407421&postcount=156"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1[/ame]

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Murdered+mans+widow+makes+emotional+address/8393122/story.html

Hamilton police said Bosma was targeted for his truck, which he had advertised for sale online and in which he had accompanied two men, arriving at his home in the Hamilton community of Ancaster on Monday, May 6, on a test drive.

Bosma vanished until police revealed Monday that his remains, "burned beyond recognition," had been found in Waterloo region, west of Hamilton.

Police are still looking for at least two other suspects: the other man who police say joined Millard on the test drive and the driver of the second vehicle, believed to be an SUV.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ird-suspect-in-bosma-killing/article12370401/

[jash beat me to this thought ...]

This is actually quite plausible depending on when and where the footage came from of the Yukon following TB's truck. They could have both went on the test drive and incapacitated/killed TB and then circled back to pick up the Yukon. It would certainly help explain why there is so little information or worry about the 3rd suspect.

Was DM the only one that walked up the driveway? Or did both of them come to the front door? Does anyone have any details on this?

Was DM the only one that walked up the driveway? Or did both of them come to the front door? Does anyone have any details on this?

I read this article and yes in fact they were both dropped off...or as it appeared they were dropped off. Did TB and SB see the SUV that dropped them off or did they just tell TB they were dropped off? I'm trying to determine if there actually is a 3rd suspect.

This is something I've thought of as well. Who knocked on the door? Both or just one? The nerve is beyond anything I can imagine and pray we have all details soon. Regarding the 3rd Suspect, tho LE I'm sure is keeping quiet for reasons known to them, for the public to be aware of a 3rd perp out there and not have any information whatsoever is upsetting. Can you imagine how does T. Bosma's wife feel? Does she know more than we? How does she sleep at night?

<snipped for space>

I wonder if HPS is changing their tune about a suspect #3 because the forensics came back from Yukon and only showed traces of DM and MS behind the wheel?

Quoting myself to add that the forensics testing of TB's truck must have only shown evidence of DM being behind the wheel, otherwise why wouldn't LE entertain the possibility that DM got out of the truck and drove the Yukon.

So IF Smich was driving the Yukon and TB was likely killed in his own truck, why is Smich charged with first degree murder. They must have evidence of his direct involvement in TB's death to charge him. Sheesh. JMO

SB gave the initial description of suspects #1 AND #2. As their driveway is quite long it would seem that both walked up to driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member