Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's saying there he's just 5' 5" tall, 2 inches shorter than DAH even. The profile of the Wetterling abductor is stated at 5' 8", so you could give or take 3 inches any way imo.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/...ville-attacks-wetterling-abduction-connected/

Jacob’s brother and friend were able to tell police the attacker was short and stocky, had a low raspy voice, was wearing a mask and threatened to kill them.

I don't know if Esme makes this stuff up or if it's actually true. I don't recall ever hearing the kidnapper described as short and stocky!

in the 911 call, Trevor compared his height to the only adult male home at the time- Merle. I do not know if they described the suspect differently in other interviews with media. He could have remembered more details as an adult when he felt more comfortable opening up.

Charlie project stated
"Sketches of Wetterling's abductor are posted below this case summary. The boys described the man as being approximately 40 to 50 years old and 5'8 with a husky build. He had broad shoulders and spoke in a low, raspy voice. A Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) psychological profile of the abductor describes him as a Caucasian man, 25 to 35 years old in 1989, who holds a low-skilled job and probably a poor self-esteem stemming from physical deformities such as scars or acne"

The height discrepancy could be explained by the boys possible being on an uneven road. I thought I remembered hearing that they were told to lay down in a ditch. If they were looking up at the abductor from the ditch, DH could seem taller than he actually is.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

An excerpt from today's Star and Tribune about Jared:

"Digging through newspaper archives, she [Joy Baker] came across reports in the 1980s of attacks on boys in Paynesville, Minn., about 30 miles south of St. Joseph. Court documents out last week detail eight attacks against seven Paynesville boys between 1986 and 1988.

All occurred within a mile of Heinrich’s residence at the time, the charges say.

One boy was knocked off his bicycle and groped. The attacker fled on foot and left behind a baseball cap. The crime lab tested that hat and found a mix of DNA from three or more people. Heinrich “could not be excluded from being a contributor,” the charges say. “The lab report noted that an estimated 80.5 percent of the general population could be excluded.”

After Baker brought him news accounts of the Paynesville attacks, Scheierl became convinced that he “wasn’t the only case” tied to his attacker, he said. “Turns out, there’s a 80 percent chance I was correct.”

http://www.startribune.com/cold-spr...or-answers-in-wetterling-abduction/339679732/

I know Human remembered the Paynesville attacks and I found some archived newpaper articles about the attacks the same time Joy did. I really don't care who uncovered them first. I am just super glad the information was discovered and acted on.

PS- Star Tribune will live stream the Wetterling comments at 12:15pm (central time) here http://www.startribune.com/livestre...speak-out-about-person-of-interest/324068061/

Investigators are asking for help in acquiring more information about POI Dan Heinrich. Heinrich was a suspect Jacob's case from he beginning, and has been tied to Jared's assault in Cold Spring in January, 1989. He was also a suspect in the Paynesville assaults from 1986-1987. If you or anyone you know think you may know something, please contact investigators:

Email: sheriff@co.stearns.mn.us

Phone: 320-259-3700

Or call Tri-County Crimestoppers at 800-255-1301. Callers may remain anonymous.

Below is an excerpt from the book "It Can't Happen Here - The Search for Jacob Wetterling."

Interestingly, Duane Hart, who is a convicted sex offender himself, was indicated in published news articles as a suspect in all of these cases in 1990. But, history shows he was actually trying to help investigators in those cases:

"When Hart was shown several sketches of possible suspects in both cases, he identified a handful of men as possible, but suggested one man in particular (Dan Heinrich) that he thought matched the description in Jared's case in Cold Spring. Hart identified that particular individual because the man often wore military type clothing, drove a dark blue car, and had a hand held police scanner. Each of those items was consistent with descriptions from Jared’s account of his abduction and assault."

Eloc, do you know how DAH knew Heinrich?

On a side note, I am re-reading your book now. Thank you.

He'd have no ground to stand on in such a hearing because he's dead to rights on the child *advertiser censored* charges. Other than claiming the child *advertiser censored* was planted he'd have nothing to dispute being held. Maybe his lawyer told him as much? We'll find out much more in further proceedings.

Also he probably feels safer in federal protective custody than on the streets of Minnesota at this point.

Hell, I may be getting the wrong picture here but it seems like Minnesota is paedophile junction. He should feel pretty darn safe.

Eloc, do you know how DAH knew Heinrich?

On a side note, I am re-reading your book now. Thank you.

DAH lived with Danny's brother. He described Danny as a loner and other characteristics that fit the profile of an abductor

I know Human remembered the Paynesville attacks and I found some archived newpaper articles about the attacks the same time Joy did. I really don't care who uncovered them first. I am just super glad the information was discovered and acted on.

PS- Star Tribune will live stream the Wetterling comments at 12:15pm (central time) here http://www.startribune.com/livestre...speak-out-about-person-of-interest/324068061/

Yep, the three of us found them simultaneously. Kudos to those who pushed those cases.

From one of Joy's earlier blogs regarding the Paynesville attacks:

The police are taking these incidents very seriously.
Sgt. Drager stated, “After this guy grabs the boys he tells them, ‘Don’t turn around or I’ll blow your head off’ and in at least one instance he used a knife.” The man then makes sexual advances to the boys.

The young men that have been assaulted range in age from 12-16 years of age. “The kids are scared,” Sgt. Drager said.

There doesn’t appear to be any pattern to the area that the attacks take place. One incident happened by the river, another in the hockey rink area, downtown Ben Franklin area, middle school playground, and the alley between the middle school and the hospital.

The last incident happened when two young men were riding their bikes home. One young man was grabbed off of his bike and the other young man went for help.

In every instance, the young men had been downtown before they were accosted. “It think he’s picking them out downtown and then following them home or lying in wait for them to go home,” Sgt. Drager said.

Every instance occurred on a weekend night after dark — between 9:30pm and 2:00am.

The suspect wore a mask on several occasions. Sgt. Drager said one young man described the mask as looking like it was made out of indoor-outdoor candy-striped carpeting.

I know this is a repeat of many other posts. But it is mind boggling to me that there are so many similarities to Jacobs abduction. How could all the abductions and attacks not be related? Clearly the perp was very adept at spotting and stalking his victims.

I honestly hope they have something more than suspicion. One would think they have to have more than they already had which is the shoes that match the footprints in the driveway and the tires and car that match the tracks in driveway. They already had all that and that did not bring about an arrest or lead to Jacob. Those damning tire tracks and matching footprints did not even lead to DJH being called a POI. They must have something else that is leading them to now call him a POI. Or do they? DR has been a POI for some time now. I can't help but feel like this is false hope for the Wetterlings.

Channel 5 says they will be in court tomorrow for preliminary hearing. Don't suppose they can bring cameras in though?

I think with the DNA from Jared's case along with the Paynesville attacks and the evidence they do have from Jacob's case and hopefully new tips from the public will put a conclusion to Jacob's case. The goal being what happened to him and where he is right now.

@PaulBlume_FOX9
"1 more Patty Wetterling anecdote.She baked cookies for media today.Does it every year on abduction anniversary & delivers to investigators."

*can she please just get some answers now?!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member