Suspect Drew Peterson #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. So Greta now thinks that her very own media might have jumped to conclusions????????

oh boy................... I hope someone takes off her blinders fast!!!!

Interesting. So Greta now thinks that her very own media might have jumped to conclusions????????

She's been getting complaints from commenters about that. They feel she's selling herself out for an interview.

LMAO, Commenters are asking, like we are, where's the new girlfriend, you know there has to be one. Someone posted....She's probably grounded.

I have been listening to this "spin" from her for the past week. I think she wants an interview with DP very badly. I am disappointed in her though. If she knows something specific I wish she would just spit it out.
:silenced:

A couple of thoughts on Greta's audio casts-

I was interested in brother Paul's reaction on approaching Sharon and Steve in front of Drew's house.
He blames Sharon for all the media attention?
Isn't that a bit twisted?
I've been trying to figure out who it was who helped Drew dispose of Stacey's body. Could it have been Paul, do these brothers think alike?
What do we know about him?

Also, I had been wary of Steve, but Greta seems quite comfortable with him. Now I'm thinking maybe he is just a friend who has been taken in by a sociopath and doesn't see the real Drew yet.

The fact that Steve is talking to Sharon, may mean that he is ready to listen.
The fact that Paul took issue with Sharon- well that is most likely a reflection of Drew.
IMO, the media would have followed this one with or without Sharon. The story began when Stacy disappeared. There are no indications that Sharon was involved in that. Then there was Drew P.'s bizarre behavior. The age difference. Drew P. being a police officer. Stacy's disappearance gave Kathleen's family an opening to bring up the issue of Kathleen's death.

Drew P. is just mad because Sharon has talked to the media and told what she knew. And she knew quite a bit. She knew about the previous fight when Stacy packed up Drew P.'s stuff. She knew when the cars were there. She is an unrelated person who knew about the abuse. All things that I am sure Drew P. didn't want to be known.

The fact that Steve is talking to Sharon, may mean that he is ready to listen.
The fact that Paul took issue with Sharon- well that is most likely a reflection of Drew.

I wonder how much it bothered Paul to see Steve talking to Sharon and giving her a hug?

Attorneys say Drew Peterson's TV appearances have put him at risk
But he also believes comments Peterson made about his missing wife in interviews, combined with his behavior after she disappeared, could backfire.

"He really couldn't have done anything worse short of saying, 'Yeah, I killed her, so what?"'
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5773939

Warning: quotes from Geragos at link.

I hope someone is getting a video or transcribing from the Headline News tonight. (aka Nancy Grace Show)

It's on now. Gotta go and watch the rest of it!!!

I'm on the East Coast.................8:44 p.m. here (or so)

BREAKING NEWS: OTR Producer Steph Watts just called me and said “cops are swirling all over Sgt. Peterson’s house…something is happening…I will get right back to you.” click
We will have the very latest as it happens…..check here or on our show at 10pm!
email from producer Cory Howard:
From: Howard, CorySent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:09 PMTo: Van Susteren, Greta; Cooper, MeadeSubject:I’m standing outside the peterson house cops surrounding house…. Back and front… Steph is inside sharrons
another email from OTR producer
From: Howard, CorySent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:09 PMTo: Van Susteren, GretaSubject: Re:They are going in w/ garage code…
another email from OTR producer Cory Howard:
From: Howard, CorySent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:10 PMTo: Cooper, Meade; Van Susteren, GretaSubject:They are screaming police… They are closing garage door but they are still inside garage
another email from Cory Howard:

From: Howard, CorySent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:12 PMTo: Cooper, Meade; Van Susteren, Greta; Watts, StephenSubject: Re:I can see them using flashlights inside his house
another email from OTR Producer Cory Howard
From: Howard, CorySent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:21 PMTo: Cooper, Meade; Van Susteren, Greta; Watts, StephenSubject: Re:
Door just closed to peterson house
another email from OTR Producer Cory Howard
From: Howard, CorySent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:21 PM
To: Cooper, Meade; Van Susteren, Greta; Watts, Stephen
Subject: Re:
A police officer just came out the front door of petersons house… Door is wide open

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/06/breaking-news-3

BREAKING NEWS: OTR Producer Steph Watts just called me and said “cops are swirling all over Sgt. Peterson’s house…something is happening…I will get right back to you.” click
We will have the very latest as it happens…..check here or on our show at 10pm!
email from producer Cory Howard:
From: Howard, CorySent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:09 PMTo: Van Susteren, Greta; Cooper, MeadeSubject:I’m standing outside the peterson house cops surrounding house…. Back and front… Steph is inside sharrons
~snipped for length

Jaded, I'm confused by the above post from two weeks ago????

I watch Greta every night and my impression is that she's tempering her statements for the purpose of doing a one-on-one interview with Drew Peterson. Even Ted Williams tonight jumped in to say that Drew Peterson's attorney isn't doing him any good, and he should explore the possibility of sitting down without his attorney and doing an in depth interview with someone.

In the beginning, Greta told DP point blank she was suspicious of him. I don't think it's a matter of changing her mind, as much as it is that she knows she isn't going to get an interview by telling DP that she's suspicious of him, so now she's trying another tactic........saying we need to be fair.

We have to remember that while Greta has a personal opinion of DP she also has a commitment to her network to get the news and keep up the ratings. We aren't signing her paycheck. I'd bet she still feels DP is a snake like we all do but as we all know you catch more flies with sugar than s#*t.

She's playing up to his ego. Let her do what she does best. I'm sure she won't let us down.

Leila, I think that is true. I think she would be fair with him, but not easy if she could get him on.

But I also think that she is why Drew P changed tactics as regards to the media. Steve C. said Drew P usually watched Greta, and when he was there the other night Drew P wasn't watching her. Drew P went from not wanting to be seen on camera to giving interviews with anybody and everybody- except Greta. And his main complaints about the media has been about Greta and Fox.

The thing that I think is funny. Greta said she was suspicious of him and almost dared him to come on her show. And it is a show he normally liked. I swear, I never thought Drew P would back down on a dare with a girl!

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5777049

(snip)
Behind closed doors, McGury talked about serious internal violations by Peterson over the last year. They do not include anything involving the death or disappearance of Peterson's wives. He was suspended in September for serious lack of judgment involving a police pursuit. The chief says it is a pursuit that never should have happened and taht he felt an internal investigation might have been serious enough to bring Peterson's termination.

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/drew.peterson.mother.2.591663.html

(snip)
He wouldn't say exactly what the violations Peterson is accused of are, but he did say they came to light as a result of the state's ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Peterson's wife, Stacy Peterson. Peterson has been named a suspect in her disappearance.

McGury also said the incidents occurred over the past 12 months and were "severe internal violations of general orders."

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5777049

(snip)
Behind closed doors, McGury talked about serious internal violations by Peterson over the last year. They do not include anything involving the death or disappearance of Peterson's wives. He was suspended in September for serious lack of judgment involving a police pursuit. The chief says it is a pursuit that never should have happened and taht he felt an internal investigation might have been serious enough to bring Peterson's termination.

Poor Drew P :D :
from the above link

Peterson declined to comment on his old boss' claims. Peterson said he has received eight death threats from all over the country from people who blame him for all of the negative attention brought upon Bolingbrook.

LOL, I wonder if those death threats were in the form of "I know how to make your death look like an accident" or "I can make you disappear and never be found"?

I love all the little sarcastic comments thrown in with info today!

I also think Greta just wants the interview with DP. I'd be faking it too if I were her!

Shoot, I can't remember DrewP's lawyer's name, but he was on Dan Abram's show tonight. That show doesn't repeat, so I didn't get to see anything but the goodbye's! I didn't expect him to be on THAT show. Maybe they'll air video online of that segment. That will be MSNBC, and I think it's the Dan Abrams Show. (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500