Suspect: RYAN ALEXANDER DUKE, in custody

'UP AND VANISHED' BASED ON POPULAR PAYNE LINDSEY PODCAST PREMIERES NOVEMBER 18 ON OXYGEN

"Oxygen Media, the network for high-quality crime programming, premieres “Up and Vanished,” based on the hit investigative podcast of the same name with over 240 million downloads that put a national spotlight on the small town mystery of Tara Grinstead. The special, premiering Sunday, November 18 at 7PM ET/PT, will focus on the mysterious disappearance of Tara, a Georgia beauty queen and school teacher who went missing in 2005, and where the police investigation is today in the aftermath of Payne’s groundbreaking podcast.

In this special, Payne Lindsey and his team will pick up where the podcast left off, which was with an investigation that lead to the arrest of two men who plead not guilty and are still awaiting trial. Combining chilling stories with cinematic storytelling techniques, this citizen sleuth will scrutinize alibis and double check reports, as him and his team stop at nothing until they find the truth, leading to new discoveries and insights on the case of Tara Grinstead...."

'Up and Vanished' Based on Popular Payne Lindsey Podcast Premieres November 18 on Oxygen

58af4354b300d.image.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it horribly wrong for me to say I'm glad this is being produced by Oxygen but that I'm not sure I can watch this? I saw the other special about her life with her friend who said she found the glove on the lawn.. It was very distressing in places, of course. It really gets to me because when her case was active on WS, when she was missing, posters said " She just left her life and moved to NYC or something"... I absolutely felt that she died in her house and that there was a huge struggle there. No one believed me because LE said " No signs of a struggle".
Another poster also was adamant that her body had been burned in a fire on " Snapdragon Rd." A house fire.
Both of us were very clear in our intuitive posts and both of us were correct, the other poster's post about the fire actually being more startling in retrospect than my belief that she died in her house at the hands of someone she knew.

The podcasts were so awesome, and flowed so well. I hope the TV shows do justice to the sleuth who started his project in Atlanta because his grandmother was from Ocilla, as I recall.

All I can read from the article linked below is this:

They charged a man named Bo Dukes with helping conceal Grinstead's death. Over the last 20 months, there have been many twists and turns in the ...

Accused Tara Grinstead killer Ryan Duke to appear in court this month

Just wondering if they mifht mention any dates for Dukes?

TIA :)
“Ryan Duke is scheduled to appear in Irwin County court November 19th and 20th for a motions hearing. He's the man accused of killing Tara Grinstead in 2005.”

In August, Ryan Duke's public defender filed 26 new motions for his client. One of which included 'never before seen' GBI case file exhibits that say Duke and Dukes got drunk at a party in 2005 and allegedly confessed to killing and burning Grinstead's body.

“The motions also included things like a request to prohibit Duke from being seen in jail clothing or shackles, disqualifying jurors who knew Grinstead, and dismissing the indictment altogether due to what the defense says was possibly an unconstitutional composition of the grand jury.”

“Merchant says the next step after the motions hearing will be to set a trial date.”

Accused Tara Grinstead killer Ryan Duke to appear in court this month

Defense wants trial moved in Tara Grinstead case
It would be impossible to find an impartial jury in the South Georgia county where Tara Grinstead disappeared 13 years ago, according to the attorney for the man accused of killing her.

That’s why the defense team is seeking to have Ryan Alexander Duke’s trial moved elsewhere. Duke, a former student of Grinstead’s, has been charged with her murder. The motion filed Friday states, “… a change of venue is required to ensure that Mr. Duke receives a fair trial in this matter.”

The trial of Ryan Duke will NOT start until Spring 2019. As we all should know by now, this great country ceases to function from the week before Thanksgiving until the week after New Year's.

The one I'm more interested in is Bo Dukes, because I believe he's the actual killer, and Duke is taking the fall for him.

Due to EU rules - I can access this article - can someone give a 10% synopsis, please?

TIA! :)

A federal judge will decide this month whether to revoke bond for Bo Dukes and send him back to prison.
[...]
A federal judge has scheduled a November 29 hearing for Dukes in Macon

Sorry - but does it say "why" his bond is going to be revoked??!! And thank you for the dates!
“... but federal court documents say Dukes' bond problems are unrelated to the Grinstead case.

They result from a 2013 case when Dukes pleaded guilty to stealing more than $150,000 from the Army.

He served 27 months in prison and was sentenced to three years' probation, but prosecutors say Dukes has violated probation by failing to keep up with restitution payments and community-service work.”

Federal judge may revoke Bo Dukes' bond

Removed - already answered.

Last edited:
Thanks Suglo! :)
You’re welcome! OT - do you celebrate Thanksgiving? (I remember trying to find a big turkey in Spain. 7 kilos was considered huge. lol) If so, I hope you have a nice one :)

Wishing all who read or post on Tara Grinstead's case a blessed and safe Thanksgiving if you are located in the USA, and a blessed and safe holiday season if you don't live in the USA.

I hope we can all take a moment tomorrow as we sit with our families to remember this beautiful, generous, sweet young lady who likely would have had her own family with a husband and a child or children by now. Tara had so much to give in a family of her own, but she had the chance taken from her by Dukes and Duke.
It's still a sharp, breath-taking pain to see her videos and realize what a light she was in her community. God bless her family.
Justice for Tara!

You’re welcome! OT - do you celebrate Thanksgiving? (I remember trying to find a big turkey in Spain. 7 kilos was considered huge. lol) If so, I hope you have a nice one :)

Nope! Don't celebrate it here. I haven't seen ANY whole turkeys being sold here! LOL! Plus I'm not much of a cook. My husband did all the cooking! And it's only me & my bro here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back