Switched at Birth!

I don't think they'll end up owing the hospital. I hadn't actually read the article too close, but seeing how the switch only lasted a few hours I expected it to be more about the money than the actual investigation.

I've always heard this, too! My sis is a nurse, used to work in LD, she'd tell us stories about teens coming in and having the baby within 20 minutes. Lots of underweight babies, lots of premies. Don't know if those two factors are why the labors go fast for so many of them.

Some people just have quick labors, no matter the age. My first was born 20 minutes after I reached the hospital, and I left for the hospital one hour after feeling labor pains because they'd started out at 3 min. apart. Baby #2's labor was 2 1/2 hours from start to finish. #3 was under two hours. #4, the nine pounder, took five hours and I thought I was going to die! #5 was about three hours. My friends all tell me horror stories about labors that lasted days and days long, and I just zip my lip. I learned the hard way that people who suffered agony don't appreciate those who sneeze and there's the baby!

Editing to add: Over here, mom wears a bracelet, baby wears two and a scan gun similar to those at the grocery checkouts is used to "match" the baby to the parent. It SHOULD be foolproof!

I was a teen mom and it wasn't a piece of cake. #1 was 12 plus hours at 8.5 pounds, # 2 was 6 plus hours induced at 8.10 pounds. Ripped from stem to stern as they say.

six and twelve hour labors aren't very long.. mine first was 36 hours.

I understand why they are angry, I would be too. No doubt about it. They did get their explanation. The babies armbands came off during circumcision and one of the nurses put the armbands on the wrong baby. That is what happened.

What? Do they do circumcisions in an assembly line fashion? Why would two babies be so close to each other during a surgical procedure that their armbands could become mixed up? The hospital's explanation opens up even MORE questions for me!

I hate frivolous lawsuits but this one is well deserved.

I was a teen mom and it wasn't a piece of cake. #1 was 12 plus hours at 8.5 pounds, # 2 was 6 plus hours induced at 8.10 pounds. Ripped from stem to stern as they say.

OUCH! OUCH! Good thing we get to go home with those sweet babies to make it worthwhile!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back