Talk About August 11th,12th, and 13th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa Whoa Whoa! Much of this thread is based on rumor and speculation.
Fact: MR was working in the area at the houses along the woods and smelled a foul odor (as did an occupant of one of the houses). Both called it in. Why not? It was no secret there was a girl missing from a house along those woods and she was presumed dead by LE. He was working and no one told him to stay in the area and nothing came of it. He called back to follow up. That's not strange at all either. No one followed up on it.
Fact: The MR was working in the area again and saw a bag he thought was suspicious--we don't know why he thought it was suspicious. Again, he called it in. Put together with the foul odor he smelled in the same area and again the fact that Caylee lived along those woods and was presumed dead--there's nothing suspicious about him calling it in. Remember, there was a tip line and everyone was asking the local citizens to call in tips.
There wasn't tons of other garbage in the area. Where are you getting that from? The pictures where the bag was found don't show any other garbage bags or trash bags anywhere near where the bag were found. Nor did he say he saw a bag on the side of the road. If he had the deputy who responded would not have walked into the woods to locate the bag. No one responded to the first two calls so we don't know what was there and what wasn't there. Plus, we have absolutely no evidence that cadaver dogs had cleared or been anywhere near where the bag was found.
Fact: The MR knew what he smelled and saw. He was relocated to work in another area. Four months later he was reassigned to the area where he smelled the odor and saw the bag. Nothing had come of it before so he decided to look himself. There's absolutely nothing suspicious about any of it. It all makes perfect sense. And the bottom line is, if LE had done their jobs correctly Caylee would have been discovered on the first call and it would have been over.

Media reports on what occurred on each day conflict each other a bit. There are reports that say Kronk saw a gray bag by the side of the road on the first day. There are also reports that cadaver dogs did clear the area.

I hadn't heard that another person in the area had smelled the smell and called it in. Is that from one of the document dumps?

What I think is really strange is that the tips were so close to Cay birthday. I just think this strange. I can't pin point why it is so strange.

I really hope he didn't whiz .... other than Caylee being in the area --- he was WAY to close to a school to be acting like that. Maybe that is why the story changed.:waitasec:

Why didn't he open the bag in August?

In his presser he said he saw a bag, not just a smell. I believe he is 100% innocent and just a concerned person. I just wish he would have opened the suspicious bag after it was "cleared" by LE. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Why didn't he open the bag in August?

In his presser he said he saw a bag, not just a smell. I believe he is 100% innocent and just a concerned person. I just wish he would have opened the suspicious bag after it was "cleared" by LE. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Same here 3d. Same here. :mad:

They just stated that his calls to the tip line have not yet been released to the public.

I'm confused- if tips were released in a document dump from that time frame why would his be omitted, not knowing in the future he would then find the bag/body. imo

Maybe they only released the "nonviable" ones, ones that weren't actually followed up on?

more twists and turns in this case than a slinky toy- Hope we soon hear exactly what was recorded in the calls between LE and the meter reader- and what exactly was done- I wouldnt be a bit surprised if one of the offices that did come out on the 2 calls wasnt Caseys cop boyfriend at one time - guess we will see. Sounds to me the merter reader is an innocent by stander at this point-

From a previous thread "LKL" date 12/12

June rainfall was 9.73"
July rainfall was 7.35" (info provided by CDMORLANDO)

so I think area could have been unwater prior to TS Fay in Aug.

JMO

Media reports on what occurred on each day conflict each other a bit. There are reports that say Kronk saw a gray bag by the side of the road on the first day. There are also reports that cadaver dogs did clear the area.

I hadn't heard that another person in the area had smelled the smell and called it in. Is that from one of the document dumps?

I am going by what the MR himself stated. He stated:"I had previously reported to Crimeline and to the Sherriff's communications center that I had spotted something suspicious, a bag in the same area."--he did not say by the side of the road. And, if it were by the side of the road the deputy would not have gone into the woods to look for it. As far as the neighbor also smelling an odor and calling it in--can't remember exactly where I read that but it was a credible source--IIRC, it was the Orlando Sentinel newspaper and the smell was attributed to animal remains. I'll look again later today when I have the time.

You are correct that the media reports are conflicting. One says he poked at the bag another said he picked it up. Not sure why people are questioning why he didn't pick it up the first time he saw it. I would never pick up a bag in the woods certainly not one I thought might contained a dead body.

Maybe I don't find anything suspicious about his behavior in calling the tip in 3 times because I've worked in the court system for 30 years and often people with credible tips call them in again and again when there is no follow through--it's really not all that unusual. What people have to understand is that every LE department throughout this country is understaffed and underfunded and they have many cases to deal with even when a high profile case is going on. Oft times, in hindsight, they don't do as thorough a job as should have been done.

You may scoff at the thought of a "Psychic meter reader" but let me share this from about 10 years ago...

There was a missing 2nd grader in our area and I worked at a school near where she lived. For MONTHS whenever I went over some train tracks when I went to work, I just knew she would be found close by. I figured someone had dumped her in the woods by the train tracks.

When they found her, she was actually on the other side of the train tracks in a dumpster by an industrial building.

There is no way I would have ever gone there by myself to search and I never called anything in--it was just a "feeling" I had.

Just sayin' don't discount someone's psychic feelings or hinky meter. If he did have a "feeling" it's good that he followed up on it so Caylee could be found.

ML

this thread is offtopic and is not discussing the 3 days but rather the meter man and we have several threads on him.
I am going to pull out any posts that are related to the original topic on the 11-12-13 and create a new thread in the sticky forum for true analysis if anyone is interested.

Here is the new thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3082853#post3082853

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members