Talk on the Net/Blogs/Round town about this case - NOT FACTS/RUMORS *merged*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would most likely still be trying to find out if it is in fact Caylee.

This would certainly make sense why the TES search was called off so abruptly and why some of the searchers were SO visibly shaken.

Time will tell.....

If we assume skeletal remains are found, and if we assume that the skeletal remains are of a young child, how would you determine that child to be Caylee? We likely would not have dental records on a two year old. I'm assuming they would have to send it off for DNA testing?

aksleuth, yea Im sure your right, like I said it was probably nothing.
Rasgirl, "No actually not in the least bit I was just trying to give a reasonable explanation ."

you quoted me but I wasnt talking to you, I was responding to Spangle's post directed at me. I put Spangle's post in a quote right above my reply, lol.

I was going to tell you, dont worry about what a few people over there are saying, if they want to act like a-holes then let em, we know you werent doing what they accused you of so theres no sense in trying to defend yourself against people that dont matter anyways, ya know? Just try to ignore it, seems like theres always someone whos got thier panties in a bunch and have no consideration for others.

ok now they are saying I edited comments on here, I dont even know how to do that I didnt think you could edit other peoples stuff. This is beyond aggrivating!

I would ignore them. The only persons who can edit other people's posts are the moderators. Only we can edit our own. I didn't realize you were trying to change your original post. I agree there must be a time limit on how long we can edit, and/or may be limited by how many people have posted to the thread behind you. After a certain number of posts, editing isn't allowed and the edit function disappears from your post.

As Kardwella said, the only way anyone else besides the Moderators could edit someone else's is by "quoting" them, but we'd be able to tell who did the editing, wouldn't we? Seriously, I wouldn't worry about the complainers.

If we assume skeletal remains are found, and if we assume that the skeletal remains are of a young child, how would you determine that child to be Caylee? We likely would not have dental records on a two year old. I'm assuming they would have to send it off for DNA testing?

If they have her DNA, which I'm assuming was in a search warrant, it would only take a couple of days, a week at most to determine identity. The cause of death would take much longer, in which case, would be very important here as to a murder 1 or murder 2 charge.

My kids had their first dental checkups at around one year of age. That's the recommended. So, Caylee may have a dental record. If not, they can compare the DNA from the body to Casey's DNA and determine if it's a child of hers or not. Since she only had one child, they'd know it would be Caylee.

YES.. Today I returned to make sure what we found was picked up by CSI. I got out of my car, walked over to the water where the "thing" was, it was gone. The second I stepped out of my car, I noticed a REALLY bad smell that was not there on Sunday afternoon.

I do question this, would CSI open a suspected body right there? What about evidence, couldn't it be compromised opening a body in/at the water? Don't they have something that tells them--yes indeed it's a body in there and we're not opening jack-cracky until it's in a sterile enviroment?

I have no clue and not being ugly to anyone, I just thought there were better ways for CSI these days. I still think we need a "rumor thread" that can be bumped with info that comes down the pike--that's not linked by news sources.

Just to clarify, on these searches there are a LOT of things floating in water (trash, plastic crap, etc). Maybe CSI opened it to determine the contents because there is no use taking a sopping wet bag of garbage anywhere! Don't assume it looks automatically like a body after something has been soaking in a pond or puddle for 90 days.

I wonder how the sunshine law applies here, if in fact something relating to this case was found. I'm not familiar with the sunshine law, but I've seen a lot of LE disclosure in this case. Wondering when the time frame ends for LE to fess up.

Ras,

May I please try to politely, gently and very, very respectfully explain something - and reassure anyone annoyed with me that there is no shred of upset behind this? You've done a great job of sharing very interesting information, and many of us are tracking it right along. It was good to share. I am not attacking you or any posts made.

That said, in business you learn very quickly that 'presentation is everything.'

And that could also be translated towards presenting interesting information like this in a slightly different manner. I hope you will consider the difference between these two thread titles, while keeping in mind the frustration levels and desperate sadness that many members and guests are feeling surrounding this case. And also keep in mind the actual content of what the other bloggers actually shared elsewhere, that was reposted here.

Here we go:
1. Caylee Possibly Found????????!!!!!
vs.
2. Searchers May Have Found Items Related to Caylee's Disappearance

There is just a huge difference in semantics, sensitivity, and sensationalizing.

(And thank you to whomever did change the thread tag.)

We have so many members who are going to log in this morning, and when they see this 'exciting' thread, they'll come running. But it is going to be yet one more bump on the roller-coaster ride that this case has been.

It's great info, but on review, it does seem to more closely resemble the second option above, vs. the first.

JMO

Ras,

May I please try to politely, gently and very, very respectfully explain something - and reassure anyone annoyed with me that there is no shred of upset behind this? You've done a great job of sharing very interesting information, and many of us are tracking it right along. It was good to share. I am not attacking you or any posts made.

That said, in business you learn very quickly that 'presentation is everything.'

And that could also be translated towards presenting interesting information like this in a slightly different manner. I hope you will consider the difference between these two thread titles, while keeping in mind the frustration levels and desperate sadness that many members and guests are feeling surrounding this case. And also keep in mind the actual content of what the other bloggers actually shared elsewhere, that was reposted here.

Here we go:
1. Casey Possibly Found????????!!!!!
vs.

There is just a huge difference in semantics, sensitivity, and sensationalizing.

(And thank you to whomever did change the thread tag.)

We have so many members who are going to log in this morning, and when they see this 'exciting' thread, they'll come running. But it is going to be yet one more bump on the roller-coaster ride that this case has been.

It's great info, but on review, it does seem to more closely resemble the second option above, vs. the first.

JMO

Ok but here is the issue when I joined that conversation it was right in the middle talking about how caylee may have been found coming from the mouth of a searcher you said people have emotions tied to this case that might cause them to react...I would hope you would allow me this same courtousy. And I do feel its big news and deserves some excitement. I agree I could have maybe posted it differently but the content is the same and if your like me you will totally get why the title of the thread is what it is. I respect your criticism and will accept it gracefully. You muct know I am a well educated well read person and I have experience in business but this is emotional for me this is not a business, so I will admit a tinge of insult from that. Again I appreciate your imput, but whats done is done I cant change it.

and btw it is 5:05am where I am so my spelling and ability to connect some words is being severely hindered.

Ras - just a suggestion - take it or leave it - but maybe you could PM a mod and ask them to change the title to read something like "HEARSAY or RUMOR - CAYLEE FOUND" or something to that effect.

Here we go:
1. Casey Possibly Found????????!!!!!
vs.

Yes, what you say may be true, but could you edit your post from Casey to Caylee so new readers won't be scratching their heads? "Casey? Missing?" We don't want to confuse ourselves more than we already are with this case. Personally, I wish the females in that family would have had very different names to avoid confusion for us. How about: Elizabeth, Genevieve, and Hortense?

Ok but here is the issue when I joined that conversation it was right in the middle talking about how caylee may have been found coming from the mouth of a searcher you said people have emotions tied to this case that might cause them to react...I would hope you would allow me this same courtousy. And I do feel its big news and deserves some excitement. I agree I could have maybe posted it differently but the content is the same and if your like me you will totally get why the title of the thread is what it is. I respect your criticism and will accept it gracefully. You muct know I am a well educated well read person and I have experience in business but this is emotional for me this is not a business, so I will admit a tinge of insult from that. Again I appreciate your imput, but whats done is done I cant change it.

I apologize for the twinge of insult inflicted - not intended. I appreciate and understand fully the level of emotion involved. I am glad we could both listen to each other's viewpoints.

I've posted things I wish I could have reworded myself. TY for listening and considering.

Yes, what you say may be true, but could you edit your post from Casey to Caylee so new readers won't be scratching their heads? "Casey? Missing?" We don't want to confuse ourselves more than we already are with this case. Personally, I wish the females in that family would have had very different names to avoid confusion for us. How about: Elizabeth, Genevieve, and Hortense?

I earned that piece of karma, didn't I?

TY

I earned that piece of karma, didn't I?

TY

I heard Tim Miller do the same thing. I think many of us have said one name when we meant the other. With three of those "C" females in one family, it's a common error.:blowkiss:

and btw it is 5:05am where I am so my spelling and ability to connect some words is being severely hindered.

Don't worry about it, everyone's emotions are running crazy after all this time.

Did you ever see anything else posted about this ?? (I asked earlier)

But I would love to know WHAT Justice saw on NG (Monday night) that she tied to WHAT she saw while searching Sunday......(I also think this added to her believing that everything they found (in that area) pertained to Caylee.

Hi RasGirl, While I was not concerned about the heading - because this whole case has been a roller coaster and I no longer have any high expectations - I was having difficulty distinguishing when you were speaking for yourself and when you were quoting the other poster. Perhaps using quotation marks or using the Italics or Bold buttons from the top of the "Reply to Thread" would lead to better clarification of the overall content of the post. Nonetheless, this thread has been worthy of discussion. :blowkiss:

Yea, from her post, it seemed the hint was she was agreeing it was a hat, just not the same one as the one in the garbage.

Maybe a bracelet? I've seen her wear several bracelets on one arm at a time. One may have fallen off? I think the most noticeable bracelet that she's worn in several pics has been the green rubber band looking ones.

Im pretty sure it was a hat because the person asking the searcher the question said hint.. *head* and she replied yes, like the one found in the garbage, but not the exact one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsRadcliffe