Tax Stimulus Rebate

Pandora when did you expect to get your check? Or what I mean is when did the IRS site say it would be mailed by?

The IRS said they would mail it on July 5 and it arrived today, July 7. I was afraid it would show up after we moved. (They are not forwardable.)

Ours was supposed to be direct deposited but was mailed a month later. Also it was %600 less that what we expected.

Amraann,
I am expecting a check, since we didn't get a refund from last year. We owed a small amount, and we paid it on time. OOOOhhh! :waitasec: Can I charge the IRS a penalty for paying me late?:)

Susan

It would be great, except this is actually a "prebate". This is a credit for our 2008 tax year, and the government decided to issue this during the 2008 year.

Ours was on time. We were notified that it was going out on the 20th of June and we received it the following Monday, June 30th. How's that for service!!!! LOL

The IRS made a mistake on ours and didn't send the $300 for one child. It took about an hour being on hold and calling a couple of different departments, but they corrected the problem.

The IRS site said it will be sent by the 11th but the letter I received yesterday said I would receive it by the 11th.

Ours is 2 months late according to the site. We got our letter Monday saying the 11th but I'm not holding my breath after reading posts on here.
I especially enjoyed reading the line in our letter about calling after 6 weeks to track it down if not received by the 11th.:rolleyes:

I hear Congress is considering sending us another stimulus check this year but is running into opposition.

Sorry Amra, just now got back here. Ours was on the IRS site mailing schedule. We fell into the last set of digits for the mailing. We also received our notice from the IRS about the amount we were to get and when it would be mailed one week prior to the check arriving.

I got my letter AFTER I got my check direct deposited...like over a WEEK after.

Sorry Amra, just now got back here. Ours was on the IRS site mailing schedule. We fell into the last set of digits for the mailing. We also received our notice from the IRS about the amount we were to get and when it would be mailed one week prior to the check arriving.

Thanks for replying ...
actually the last set of digits was suppose to be mailed ON the 11th (which is us) but my letter says I will receive it by then. NOT that it will be mailed by then..

Unfortunately today is the 10th and there was no check there.

Whatever.. at this point I am freakin annoyed.

I do wonder of those of you that say its late... were you expecting direct deposit? Or a check based on the schedule?

Thanks all for replying!

The 11th has come and gone with no check.
When I went to the IRS site I found I was unable to access the "where's my stimulus check?" file. I'm back to watching for the mail.:confused:

It came, it came, it came!
Walmart isn't getting any of it!!! We are going to keep it within our
community by using it to pay property taxes. Yippee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back