Teacher Fired for having invitro

Maybe this is God's plan. Teach at a Catholic school, feel good about yourself for doing a good job, get 2 babies instead of 1 after a long heartfelt struggle, sue the pants off of your employer for discrimination, become a stay at home mom and raise your two beautiful babies guilt free courtesy of the Catholic church! Works for me. :)

Then they wonder why people stray away from the church.

I personally am a cafeteria catholic. I pick and choose what I want and leave the rest. UGGH!!

That's terrible. I am Catholic. Someone I know, who is much more religous then I am, went to her priest and asked permission to stop having kids (she has four already). I feel if the church isn't supporting my kids they have no right to tell me how many to have. In this case I think it's just mean.

This is going on where I live.. I think it is absolutely SICK!! While I am Catholic, I am alsmost ashamed to say it!! The Catholic church is spreading the wrong message!!

She is taking this up in court - which has now been postponed until this fall.

SDhe has left the Catholic church and both of her daughters were baptized Lutheran.

Rachael said:
That's terrible. I am Catholic. Someone I know, who is much more religous then I am, went to her priest and asked permission to stop having kids (she has four already). I feel if the church isn't supporting my kids they have no right to tell me how many to have. In this case I think it's just mean.
I can't even believe, in this day and age, that anyone would ask someone else if they could "stop" having kids! What are Catholic women - baby making machines??? I never understood the whole birth control issue, either. :doh:

SieSie said:
I can't even believe, in this day and age, that anyone would ask someone else if they could "stop" having kids! What are Catholic women - baby making machines??? I never understood the whole birth control issue, either. :doh:
"This day and age" isn't something the Catholic church generally cares to acknowledge. In a sense, I see the point - if something is true, it always is - and they've always said the only point of sex is for conception within marriage. No birth control - period.

Amraann said:
One more thing .....

Please don't think I am dim for asking ..
But .. If man is created in God's image and all that ...
The fact that man through science has created the way to achieve pregnancy via invitro should be considered a gift from God .... NO?

If all children are gifts then I don't understand the problem?
Is the church implying that these children are concieved through "evil" means?
-------------------------------

Hi,I think that is what they are trying to do.As you said in so many words,who gave man the brain to come up with invitro aid~God.Therefore I feel it is a God given gift to use. They should spend their time checking out the diocses of Toledo Ohio and get off this womans back!

Details said:
"This day and age" isn't something the Catholic church generally cares to acknowledge. In a sense, I see the point - if something is true, it always is - and they've always said the only point of sex is for conception within marriage. No birth control - period.
Actually, the catholic church does claim this but its not true..
Over the ages they have changed what they preach and what their tenament of belief is on certain issues.

As far as Birth control goes.... it depends on the catholic church you go to.
Some churches just keep a mum is the word approach while others strictly followed the no BC rule.

In the Catholic faith, if a woman is in her 40's and has had 7 kids, does she have the "right" to say "no more kids for me"? Or is she supposed to keep having them until God decides no more for her? Also, does she still have a wifely obligation to have sex with her husband, if he's just being a typical man and wants sex for the pleasure of it? Does she have the right to say "sorry, sex is for procreation only and I'm done"?

shopper said:
In the Catholic faith, if a woman is in her 40's and has had 7 kids, does she have the "right" to say "no more kids for me"? Or is she supposed to keep having them until God decides no more for her? Also, does she still have a wifely obligation to have sex with her husband, if he's just being a typical man and wants sex for the pleasure of it? Does she have the right to say "sorry, sex is for procreation only and I'm done"?
My understanding is that officially the church has a No B/C policy ...
I also belief she does have the wifely obligation to have sex with her husband.
(just saying what I think the official policy is NOT what I believe)

Amraann said:

Thanks. I know some Catholics aren't as devout when it comes to the b/c issue and I'd probably be that way.

Amraann said:
Yep - no B/C - period - ever, and the wife is supposed to do what the husband says, and sex is an obligation there. You're supposed to have as many kids as god gives you and be happy about it... :bang:

They're just contemplating a possible allowance for condoms as a lesser sin, if you are married, your husband has AIDS, and you don't. But so far, that's only a maybe, not a definite.

I grew up in it, and it's definitely ignored a lot - but that is what the party line is, and they're pretty serious about it. Technically, birth control is considered equal to an abortion - even a very late abortion - it's murder of a possible human life.

I was taught that sexual intercourse is for "procreation - not recreation". A little loop hole in the rule if the wife is to continue relations beyond child bearing years. :) I was also taught that "love making" is for "life giving" and that there should be no artificial means of preventing pregnancy. We were taught that the rhythm method is an acceptable form of birth control since there are no artificial means with this method.

And we know what the technical medical term is for women on the rhythm method....

Mothers!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back