Teacher sends 5 yr old home with bag of poop

My God. What a bitter old woman to go to these lengths!Im sure she could have out her time in the classroom to much better use than taking the time to parcel that up and write her petty note.

Id have been tempted to parcel up a separate piece of poop and send it back to her saying 'thanks, but ours are more like this one!'. Gross but imagine the satisfaction :crazy:

:laugh::thumb:That was a good one!!!!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/43405212.html

Kindergarten teacher finds some poop in her room, calls the Dad asking if the
boy could have done it.
Dads acknowledges that he has had a couple of accidents before. Soo, teacher decides to send the poop home in a bag with a note saying " I found this little turd on my floor". How hateful, demeaning, unprofessional, and just plain mean and evil IMO. For all this woman knows the child could have occasional health issue or even be afraid of her hateful self to ask to go potty. I bet she's a real prize for the kids to have to deal with daily. The dad's right, what if his wife hadn't found the baggie in the backpack or the kids on the school bus had gotten into it.

I don't understand. Why call dad first? Why not go to the child and say "did you have an accident?"
In my school district this is usually handled by the school nurse. Teacher discreetly takes the child to the nurse's office where extra clothes are kept and they have access to a private bathroom or nurse calls parents. I know this because my sister is an elementary school nurse and guess what??? kids poop their pants from time to time!!

She had already addressed the issue with the dad on the phone so sending it home with him is definately just plain ignorance on her part. I agree with whoever it was who said she'd better be glad my child was not in her class.

I just can't stand obnoxious teachers. They make life hard on the really good ones.

Had it happened with my child, I would have been front and center at the next School Board meeting to show board members what teachers are sending home from school.
I'd make a big stink about it!

I don't understand. Why call dad first? Why not go to the child and say "did you have an accident?"
In my school district this is usually handled by the school nurse. Teacher discreetly takes the child to the nurse's office where extra clothes are kept and they have access to a private bathroom or nurse calls parents. I know this because my sister is an elementary school nurse and guess what??? kids poop their pants from time to time!!

Can you imagine getting a call like that from a teacher? First I would laugh my butt off, then I'd probably ask about corn or Cherrios or something!

update

http://www.ktla.com/landing_mostint...ith-Feces-in-Bac=1&blockID=275286&feedID=1080

snipped
West Valley School District Superintendent Peter Ansingh says district officials investigated the April 17 incident involving a longtime teacher and have taken "appropriate action."

He declined to elaborate but says the teacher still has a job.

The superintendent says the district does not condone what happened.

The boy's father said Thursday his son will be working with a different teacher at another school in the same school district.

:eek: appropriate action my azz! AND, she was a longtime teacher, she should know better.

So, they just move the boy to a different teacher in a different school and she continues to "teach" other kids!

West Valley School District Superintendent Peter Ansingh says district officials investigated the April 17 incident involving a longtime teacher and have taken "appropriate action."

I find it hard to believe a longtime teacher handled the situation this way. Not to mention the school officials.
Surely this can't be the first potty accident to happen in her classroom? Were they all handled like this?

Maybe she gets to clean the bathrooms after school for the rest of the year. She still has a job. Surely there will be some penalty for this. I bet this has embarrassed her so badly she will never try such an unprofessional, uncaring, and unkind thing to do to a kindergarten child.

1) Completely unprofessional behavior and my guess is, the only reason she is a long term teacher is that the school simply cannot get better (sadly) or cannot fire her to due to union/contract issues (also sad.)

And if this child was indeed a special education child--I can only think that a) the teacher was off the chain b) the parent is in complete denial as well about the child's issues and perhaps expects the school to do it all for the child. Many people would be horrified to hear what a place of last refuge schools are for special needs children.

I'm not excusing the teacher, because that was inexcusable. But I'd like to know as well if the school district was providing adequate support for the child, or if the parents were reinforcing the expectations. Defecating in the classroom is not something that long term should result in this.

2) We get what we pay for with teachers. We expect college graduates to put in well over 40 hours of work for pay that is one to two thirds lower than comparable business fields--and far lower for technical math/science fields. Yes, teachers have more vacation, but when you add in the required training, the time off comes to perhaps a month--or less, given that setting up a classroom takes almost a week--or two--of time each year.

If we raise teacher salaries (and there is a lot to be cut in public education that would fund those raises) we could get a much higher quality of employee. The good teachers now are the ones that either choose to sacrifice or can afford to teach because their partners have a better second income.

I don't think it was necessary to send it home.

I do wonder what the teacher's version of the phone call was with the father? My child doesn't attend school yet, but I hear from other parents that they have to go change their children if there are accidents at school. Doesn't matter if there are clothes in the backpack or not. It's not really the teacher's job to have to clean up a child.

1) Completely unprofessional behavior and my guess is, the only reason she is a long term teacher is that the school simply cannot get better (sadly) or cannot fire her to due to union/contract issues (also sad.)

And if this child was indeed a special education child--I can only think that a) the teacher was off the chain b) the parent is in complete denial as well about the child's issues and perhaps expects the school to do it all for the child. Many people would be horrified to hear what a place of last refuge schools are for special needs children.

I'm not excusing the teacher, because that was inexcusable. But I'd like to know as well if the school district was providing adequate support for the child, or if the parents were reinforcing the expectations. Defecating in the classroom is not something that long term should result in this.

2) We get what we pay for with teachers. We expect college graduates to put in well over 40 hours of work for pay that is one to two thirds lower than comparable business fields--and far lower for technical math/science fields. Yes, teachers have more vacation, but when you add in the required training, the time off comes to perhaps a month--or less, given that setting up a classroom takes almost a week--or two--of time each year.

If we raise teacher salaries (and there is a lot to be cut in public education that would fund those raises) we could get a much higher quality of employee. The good teachers now are the ones that either choose to sacrifice or can afford to teach because their partners have a better second income.

Hiya, Tex!:blowkiss:

So true! And don't we know it?! Also, most teachers I know, including me, teach or do other jobs in the summer to make ends meet. Of course, if our budget at my school doesn't pass by May 20, my summer courses won't get approved. I pay way over $500/year to supplement my classroom materials, etc., also, with my own money.

Can't say I ever thought of sending a bag of s#!% home with a kid - but when I think back on some of the parents I've had to deal with, there are times when it would have been a spectacular idea - lol! j/k. :angel:

Eve

The key is "longtime" teacher. This probably means she has tenure. Moving either her or the child is the easiest remedy if this is the case. She would still be written up for the infraction, but getting rid of her wouldn't be an easy option.

I ran into this situation once and the teacher had physically abused a student in front of the entire class. This is after I started proceedings to have her fired for ranting, cussing, and acting out towards her class of 6th grade students. She was moved to the high school and given a freaking raise instead of being fired! (The parents and I started a huge campaign which included the school board etc. I was even offered a spot on the PTA board to stop it and call off the "dogs". LOL I told 'em to shove it.)

Tenure commonly refers to life tenure in a job and specifically to a senior academic's contractual right not to have their position terminated without just cause.

~snip~

In certain jurisdictions, tenure is also granted to schoolteachers at primary and secondary schools, following a probationary period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenure

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie