Television Star Exits Scientology

I hope he doesn't get blackballed either, but I suspect that he is prepared for any backlash. After all - he knows more about Scietology than any of us!

There is more to come!

i think he's going to lay it out to the world step by step! i can't wait! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

it's like he just escaped Invasion of the Body Snatchers. still think of Katie that way — she was invaded, IMO!

Maybe he'll save Katie. If she sees that he got out, there's hope for her. Now Tiny Tom is worried that Katie is becoming a Posh clone. I'm sure he'd rather be controlling her, than Victoria doing it.

Yeah, his concern is not about how skinny she is getting, pleeeze, she lost all that weight after the baby for the wedding (for him) while ol' Tom stuffed his face and bloated all out. He is only concerned because someone else is having influence on her and this somone has stated that she will not become a scientologist. Tom has to be wondering what she is telling Katie.

I hope he doesn't get blackballed either, but I suspect that he is prepared for any backlash. After all - he knows more about Scietology than any of us!
I just hope he stays away from Clearwater, FL. He may never been heard from again. He might just go POOF! Too many secrets and the urge to tell his story could be very dangerous.

I just hope he stays away from Clearwater, FL. He may never been heard from again. He might just go POOF! Too many secrets and the urge to tell his story could be very dangerous.
Boy that's the truth.

"The further up the bridge you get the worse off you are.." "I've seen these people and while they might look happy, they aren't themselves'...paraphrasing (badly) him here.

Can anyone see this in Tom Cruise?? Hmmmm, I sure as hell can. I'd venture to say this is what is up with Katie as well. She really is trapped. They keep telling her certain feelings (postpartum etc) weren't normal and had to be cleared. I agree with one of the previous posters who said it's a psychological experiment. Let's see how many people we can brainwash and screw with.

Apparently there are tons of 'em out there.

LOL. I guess I should have included a smiley of some sort. I was being half-facetious. I think.

I just don't agree with the whole "donate lots and lots of money to us". But I guess if you're a scientologist you're free to do what you want with your money.

Then again, maybe they're aren't free...maybe it's required? I've read about the ridiculous amounts of money people like Isaac Hayes and the voice of Bart Simpson (Nancy something) have given them. 10s of millions of dollars. What do they do with this money?

Are they building a spacecraft?

Trust me, it is required! They build their empire.. larger and larger.. more and more powerful!

It wouldn't shock me if the guy did come up missing or dead. For sure he is now "fair game"!

"The further up the bridge you get the worse off you are.." "I've seen these people and while they might look happy, they aren't themselves'...paraphrasing (badly) him here.

Can anyone see this in Tom Cruise?? Hmmmm, I sure as hell can. I'd venture to say this is what is up with Katie as well. She really is trapped. They keep telling her certain feelings (postpartum etc) weren't normal and had to be cleared. I agree with one of the previous posters who said it's a psychological experiment. Let's see how many people we can brainwash and screw with.

Apparently there are tons of 'em out there.

It's true, I agree with him!
My brother seems to have no thoughts, opinions or ideas of his own. He gets angry very easily and thinks his "beliefs" are the only correct ones, the rest of the world is a bunch of morons (his words). He gets worse the longer he stays with Scientology.

The founder, L. Ron Hubbard was a Sci-Fi writer who made the whole religion up, and people fell for it, hook, line, and sinker!:doh:

I thought that!! I was going to post it, but I haven't got anything to back it up! My husband says that he had a bet with a friend that he could start a religion and he did just that! I personally believe it to be true, but no, I cannot back it up, sorry!

You know what's funny? Even Alistar Crowley, as nutty as he was, thought L Ron was nutz. I mean really, if that is not a clue to people I don't know what would be. :crazy:

Found several interesting things.....

Several of Hubbard's associates during this period have recalled that he made comments about starting a religion to make money rather than writing fiction.

Isaac Asimov criticized Dianetics' unscientific aspects, and veteran author Jack Williamson described Dianetics as "a lunatic revision of Freudian psychology" that "had the look of a wonderfully rewarding scam."

For the one hour that I was in the clutches of the scientology creeps (a story I told on another thread) I could see, even as a naive eighteen year old, that they were preying on the weak of will and weak of mind. They were working their self-esteem in such a way as to make them feel validated. I knew that the games they were plaiying with these people's heads were dangerous and they wouldn't work on me, so I hightailed it out of there.

L. Ron was a sick, sick man! He was nuts! What I find so ironic is that L. Ron himself was proof that Scientology doesn't work.

Had he been healthier and had more time to live I have no doubt he'd have ended up like Hitler. They were very similar people.

I thought that!! I was going to post it, but I haven't got anything to back it up! My husband says that he had a bet with a friend that he could start a religion and he did just that! I personally believe it to be true, but no, I cannot back it up, sorry!

I can back it up: http://www.clambake.org/

The article is buried somewhere ... anyway, it's an incredible site that has tons of information on scientology.

LRon was a nut. He was a huge liar and rewrote his own personal history numerous times.

Chapter one of "A Piece of Blue Sky" which Scientology tried to have removed from Amazon. The entire contents of the book are available online.

http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/apobs/contents.htm

Novelists often elaborate their own mundane experience into fictional adventures. Hubbard did not confine his creativity to his fictional work. He reconstructed his entire past, exaggerating his background to fashion a hero, a superhero even. Although Hubbard wrote many imaginative stories, his own past became his most elaborate work of fiction.

I wondered when you were going to find us, sugar!:blowkiss:

LOL

I get so frustrated that my thoughts begin to back up and I have to step away and just read for awhile before I can respond properly.

I'm still trying to come up with something to say (other then, "those sick m0th3r $!^&+*, how I despise them!) about the person you told us about on the other thread, the one who went through Narconon and what they did to her. God, they are m0th3r $!^&+*, though aren't they?! *gritting teeth*

Scientology is a sick sick group and because my family has been directly effected by their existence I have this anger built up, so my original first reaction is not always my best.. I had learned to try to shut up unless I actually have any other information to offer.

This is another unauthorized bio on the net.

http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/bfm/bfmconte.htm

Bare-Faced Messiah

FROM THAT ONLINE BOOK: Thereafter, Campbell was the first committed disciple of Dianetics, utterly convinced that L. Ron Hubbard had made profound discoveries about the workings of the mind and that the fundamental nature of human life was about to be changed for the better. [Hubbard himself was perhaps as concerned to make money as he was to help humanity and he had some interesting ideas about how to do it. Around this time he was invited to address a science-fiction group in Newark hosted by the writer, Sam Moskowitz. 'Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous,' he told the meeting. 'If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be to start his own religion.'[2]]

Scientology is a sick sick group and because my family has been directly effected by their existence I have this anger built up, so my original first reaction is not always my best.. I had learned to try to shut up unless I actually have any other information to offer.

I generally avoid the Scientology threads because I tend to become a wee bit aggravated.

It's not a religion, when you have super-secret break-ins at the IRS offices.

This is my absolute favorite of the LRon busted myths, because it drives Scientology completely wacko. Ron put out that he was a BIG WAR HERO, and magically self-cured his war inflicted wounds. The reality is that the naval story is far different from what he told his followers. Also, he spent a lot of time trying to get extra money for those disabilities that he supposedly cured through his own revolutionary mental techniques.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kspaink/cos/warhero/contents.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back