Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

Just wanted to let you guys know Im alive....even if it feels like just barely.

I was involved in a multi-car accident last Saturday evening. Was actually on my way tot he gas station to gas up for the trip.

No one was seriously hurt although Im still sore all over and I hurt my knee badly enough to need a cane to walk. Both my doctor and I are hopeful thats only temporary.

Sorry to let you guys down, was really looking forward tothis myself but it appears its just not in the cards.

Glad to see you back, Zapped, investigative report or not. I had already been concerned for anyone from WS traveling to Charlottesville alone at night for this mission, and now with you having this accident agree you should not tempt fate by trying again! You are valued here for your views and insight. Keep posting, and I hope you recover fully and fast.

I was involved in a multi-car accident last Saturday evening. Was actually on my way tot he gas station to gas up for the trip.

No one was seriously hurt although Im still sore all over and I hurt my knee badly enough to need a cane to walk. Both my doctor and I are hopeful thats only temporary.

Sorry to let you guys down, was really looking forward tothis myself but it appears its just not in the cards.
Glad you're okay! I feared a car accident :(

Wow, sorry this happened to you and that you got hurt. It's important now that you take care of your knee! Glad to see you are back here posting. Always enjoy your perspective on things.

I just worked up the courage to read the RS article. While I was not shocked, it was deeply troubling how someone's identity can become so enmeshed in where they attend college they will abandon friends who dare speak up on rape in order to protect an image and student tradition. Yikes!

In the article I read this and was thinking how this might play a part in the JM charges that will likely emerge:

Frats are often the sole option for an underage drinker looking to party, since bars are off-limits, sororities are dry and first-year students don't get many invites to apartment soirees. Instead, the kids crowd the walkways of the big, anonymous frat houses, vying for entry. "Hot girls who are drunk always get in – it's a good idea to act drunker than you really are," says third-year Alexandria Pinkleton, expertly clad in the UVA-after-dark uniform of a midriff-baring sleeveless top and shorts.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/a-rape-on-campus-20141119#ixzz3JuZ6yDRv
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

In my mind, the description of the de rigeur cropped midriff baring top would have marked HG as a student...especially on DM?

I am wondering what they meant by "bars are off-limits"? Does that mean students do not even try to gain entry into bars? Is this just bars right on campus and not on DM?

I think this may make me more likely to believe the owner of Tempo when he made his statement that HG did not enter Tempo that night.

I just worked up the courage to read the RS article. While I was not shocked, it was deeply troubling how someone's identity can become so enmeshed in where they attend college they will abandon friends who dare speak up on rape in order to protect an image and student tradition. Yikes!

In the article I read this and was thinking how this might play a part in the JM charges that will likely emerge:

Frats are often the sole option for an underage drinker looking to party, since bars are off-limits, sororities are dry and first-year students don't get many invites to apartment soirees. Instead, the kids crowd the walkways of the big, anonymous frat houses, vying for entry. "Hot girls who are drunk always get in – it's a good idea to act drunker than you really are," says third-year Alexandria Pinkleton, expertly clad in the UVA-after-dark uniform of a midriff-baring sleeveless top and shorts.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/a-rape-on-campus-20141119#ixzz3JuZ6yDRv

In my mind, the description of the de rigeur cropped midriff baring top would have marked HG as a student...especially on DM?

I am wondering what they meant by "bars are off-limits"? Does that mean students do not even try to gain entry into bars? Is this just bars right on campus and not on DM?

I think this may make me more likely to believe the owner of Tempo when he made his statement that HG did not enter Tempo that night.

Since the author in the same sentence refers to "underage drinkers" it seems the statement that bars are off-limit is a given in the context of the article. If the subject of the article was about what goes on at near-campus bars, the wording probably would have been different. JMO

BBM.

It means that if you're under 21 bars are technically off-limits. Yes, some undergrads (even first years) have fake id's and can get into some bars, but that's not the main source of partying and drinking. Why go to the trouble of a fake id, trying to get into a bar, and pay for the drinks, when there are a ton of free frat parties going on. JMO and my experience.

None of this in any way makes me believe Tempo one iota more. Again, MOO

Possible. But, the general consensus is that Hannah was not inside Tempo, though LE has one witness that says she was. JM, who was placed as having been in there, and there is a timeline that was drawn up of this, was not in there all that long.

For whatever reason, she was truly looking smashed at around 1:40 AM according to the Tempo Checker. My guess is that her looking so out of it, with eye witnesses willing to so state this, in part is what supports the "Abduction with intent to Defile" charge.

But I don't think it's likely that it can be proved that Hannah had anything to drink, much less whether JM gave her any drink or spiked it. From the description of the remains, doubt any drugs will be found. Certaiinly not the common rape drugs that tend to dissipate in ones system leaving no sign, rather quickly.

I don't think that it is general consensus that she was not in Tempo, just consensus among those who could be in big trouble if she had been, I.e. The owner and those responsible for making sure she was not serves there that night. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tempo and conflicting statements with links:

Tempo Restaurant owner Brice Cunningham said in an interview on Thursday that Hannah Graham appeared to be incapacitated as she walked away with Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. nearly two weeks ago.

Brice Cunningham, owner of Tempo Restaurant, says he didn't see the missing UVA student inside his establishment.

Jesse ‘LJ’ Matthew has confirmed he met the 18-year-old in Charlottesville’s Downtown Mall on the night she went missing and bought her drinks at a local bar.

Cunningham says Matthew was drinking in his restaurant but that Graham never entered.

"I didn't see anything with Ms. Graham and Mr. Matthew, I only saw Mr. Matthew. I saw him when I was standing at the door assisting the person at the door [checking IDs],” he said.

During Thursday’s news conference, Charlottesville Police Chief Tim Longo said there are conflicting reports about Graham going inside the restaurant.

A witness told investigators that Graham was inside but management maintains she was never there.

An employee then watched them walk off with Matthew's arm around her, Cunningham said. He said that his staff told police Graham could barely walk without support when she left with Matthew.
Police have previously said witnesses saw the two in the restaurant together.

At a press conference Thursday, Charlottesville police chief Tim Longo declined to challenge Cunningham's version but added: "I will tell you we have at least one witness who will put her in that restaurant."
Moments later, Mooney said, the man went to the other side of the mall and followed eastbound behind Graham, and was later seen with his hands around Graham's waist. Police believe the two later went to a bar.

"We know he purchased alcohol there, we know Hannah Graham was with him," Longo said. "Within 15 minutes, they were gone, and his car is seen leaving the area on video.
Matthew, who was reportedly drinking at the bar meeting up with the teen, was the last person seen with Hannah before her disappearance on September 13.

According to Tempo Restaurant Owner Brice Cunningham, Matthew left the bar with the young girl with his arm wrapped around her, helping her walk.

Tempo Restaurant owner Brice Cunningham has said Graham appeared to be incapacitated as she walked away with Matthew. Police have said they have no reason to believe she and Matthew knew each other before their encounter.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...when-she-walked-away-with-matthew-107520.html
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/tempo-bar-owner-did-not-see-hannah-graham-25787971
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/own...ottesville-says-staff-served-matthew/28257674
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/restaurant-staff-missing-u-va-student-could-barely-walk/
http://www.gospelherald.com/article...r-death-remember-kind-and-selfless-spirit.htm
http://.blogspot.com/2014/10/police-heather-grahams-remains.html

Have we seen the video of the car leaving the area, as referenced in the above article excerpt?

And that is the location that Hannah texted from saying she was lost.

After having read the plea bargain documents, which outline the events of the evening, I am totally shocked that Tempo didn't lose its liquor license. It served LJ like five drinks that night, several when he had already had many other drinks at other establishments and by all accounts was very drunk. He assaulted a woman there and sexually harassed her and was not asked to leave, and they served Hannah Graham, who was underaged. What else does a bar need to do in Charlottesville to at least get a fine?

After having read the plea bargain documents, which outline the events of the evening, I am totally shocked that Tempo didn't lose its liquor license. It served LJ like five drinks that night, several when he had already had many other drinks at other establishments and by all accounts was very drunk. He assaulted a woman there and sexually harassed her and was not asked to leave, and they served Hannah Graham, who was underaged. What else does a bar need to do in Charlottesville to at least get a fine?

Probably exchanged testimony for turning a blind eye on their illegal actions. Leaves you wondering how things would have turned out without that last drink? Maybe no different, but you just don't know.

I think one reason might be that fining Tempo might discourage establishments in similar situations in the future to not cooperate with law enforcement. If they know that they could lose their liquor license (which is sometimes essential for staying in business) then they are likely to deny that someone underage was ever served there, even if it might help the investigation move forward.

I think one reason might be that fining Tempo might discourage establishments in similar situations in the future to not cooperate with law enforcement. If they know that they could lose their liquor license (which is sometimes essential for staying in business) then they are likely to deny that someone underage was ever served there, even if it might help the investigation move forward.

I guess I agree. It just makes me so mad how uncooperative Tempo was. One would hope that others would see that there was no consequence and would be more cooperative. Tempo made a public statement that she was never in the bar, and then made several personnel available to perpetuate the fiction that the woman in the bar just looked like Hannah Graham when in fact she was outside sitting on the sidewalk while JM was inside. Not a single bar employee is cited as saying she was inside in the documents; it was other witnesses, though JM doesn't dispute that she was in the bar. The receipts could have been obtained easily via search warrant. I think they contributed to her death, though I suppose it would have been some other bar since HG seemed pretty determined to drink that night, and JM was happy to oblige.

I guess I agree. It just makes me so mad how uncooperative Tempo was. One would hope that others would see that there was no consequence and would be more cooperative. Tempo made a public statement that she was never in the bar, and then made several personnel available to perpetuate the fiction that the woman in the bar just looked like Hannah Graham when in fact she was outside sitting on the sidewalk while JM was inside. Not a single bar employee is cited as saying she was inside in the documents; it was other witnesses, though JM doesn't dispute that she was in the bar. The receipts could have been obtained easily via search warrant. I think they contributed to her death, though I suppose it would have been some other bar since HG seemed pretty determined to drink that night, and JM was happy to oblige.

Don't you wonder now, though, Skigirl, if LE asked them to make the misstatements? The stories after the fact say there was video of HG and JM together inside a restaurant. I don't remember seeing that footage, and think maybe it was from Tempo. With all the eyewitnesses to her being at the bar, drinking, asking for a cigarette...how could Tempo possibly think they could possibly get away with lying to the extent they did if they weren't asked to do so?

Don't you wonder now, though, Skigirl, if LE asked them to make the misstatements? The stories after the fact say there was video of HG and JM together inside a restaurant. I don't remember seeing that footage, and think maybe it was from Tempo. With all the eyewitnesses to her being at the bar, drinking, asking for a cigarette...how could Tempo possibly think they could possibly get away with lying to the extent they did if they weren't asked to do so?

Interesting theory, but I would think that they would have been quoted as witnesses in the documents, if the had been asked to lie to throw off the scent. I did not see the part where it said they had video from tempo, just the witness statements. Where did you see that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back