Terri Hatcher

NewMom2003 said:
I'm glad to see that she came forward with this. Sadly, I've just recently been exposed to abuse like this. Not in my own family (Thank God), but because of a close friend/co-worker of mine.

She has two grown daughters. One older than me and one younger. Her youngest had flashbacks about 4 years ago of being molested by her father when she was a little girl. The father denied it and my friend, C, stuffed it. Then a year and a half ago her oldest daughter went through the same thing. This time C couldn't stuff it. She believed it happened and consequently divorced her husband and she and her daughters are in family therapy together. They still have alot of progress to go and the father still denies it.

SQV, I think sending Terri a note would be a really nice gesture and I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

Has your friend pressed charges against this man?

kk's mom said:
My little girl was molested by my stepson when she was 5 years old. I don't even think I've ever posted about this on this forum. The day I found out what he was doing to her was the day the world came to a stand-still or so it seemed. I walked away from my marriage that day, believing everything my little girl told me. I stopped at nothing to make sure that the piece of filth that stole her innocence paid the price for what he did and to make sure he did it to no other child. Yes, I pressed charges, not caring who he was or how old he was (15). I was crucified by my husbands (now ex husband's) family for having put their grandson and/or nephew through "as they said" hell, for having him arrested "he's just a boy". Give me a break. How is my little girl? She's my rock and my hero. She has overcome the terrible things that happened to her through the love from myself and my family and friends, and through 2 years of counseling. If you were to meet her for the first time, you would see a little girl who loves to play soccer, gets straight A's in school, and is now starting to think that "boys are cute". I know that she will always carry with her through life the ordeal that she had to go through but I hope and pray that she keeps pressing on and to be proud of herself for having done the right thing by telling someone what happened to her. I know I am proud of her...............
I am glad your daughter is fine and that you pressed charges. So many people try to work it out within the family, or keep it quiet and thats how things never really end!What did the boy get for punishment?

Terri is to be commended for her courage and a very positive role model for our girls to learn from. The girl that committed suicide shows how devastating these crimes are to the victims mental health. Amaaran, I agree the 3/10 estimate is low when you consider there are victims that have gone through this more than once during their childhood.

michelle said:
I am glad your daughter is fine and that you pressed charges. So many people try to work it out within the family, or keep it quiet and thats how things never really end!What did the boy get for punishment?

He received two years in juvy (was released after 9 months :eek: ). Remainder of sentence was probation. My daughter and I have a No Contact order in place. Because he was not an adult at the time of the crime, he does not have to register as a sex offender. There are some states that require juvenile sex offenders to register, mine does not. I think that's another law that needs to be revisited. There's not a day goes by that I don't wish ill harm on him. Some people might think that that's a little too harsh but when your child is violated, it's a whole different ball game.

I read in the paper today that one magazine was saying Teri Hatcher did this for publicity only, and boy did my blood boil when I read that. What in the world would make anyone think this is the kind of story you tell to gain publicity for yourself? Molesters know what they are doing and they always find a way to dump all of the shame and degradation on the child... so it's never anything we, as children, feel proud of. It takes a lot of courage to come forward and announce our shame to the world.

I purchased Vanity Fair today, Terri is on the cover and I am looking forward to reading the article. I think it is wonderful that Terri came forward, I give her a lot of credit for doing that.

Amraann said:
Its so common place ...

How can this be like it is??
The stats say 3 out of 10 girls!!
I would estimate that is a low figure.
We MUST teach our children that this is not ok.
I agree w/you 100%, I blieve 3 out of 10 is a VERY low figure, it is so much more common than people will believe. I would raise that # to 6 in 10.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back