Terri tries to change her name for a second time.

It typically is very easy to change one's name. But she is not an average person. Although the police won't say it, it's clear she is a suspect in the disappearance and probable murder of a child and she won't give information that could help to find him. So she is the very rare case that can be denied as against the public interest. And I'm happy about that.

Btw, she has withdrawn her latest request.

Here's the link: http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2014/12/terri_horman_withdrew_petition.html

Thank goodness she hasn't changed her name! She is sneaky and shouldnt be able to try and hide. Hopefully one day she will slip up and someone will notice it and find out what happened to Kyron.

It typically is very easy to change one's name. But she is not an average person. Although the police won't say it, it's clear she is a suspect in the disappearance and probable murder of a child and she won't give information that could help to find him. So she is the very rare case that can be denied as against the public interest. And I'm happy about that.

Btw, she has withdrawn her latest request.

Why is against the public interest for her to change her name? She hasn't been convicted or even charged, and it is not as though LE would not know her new name even if she changed it, so I don't see what the judges reasoning is. It would allow her to escape discrimination and harrassment however, so she certainly has a good case.

Why is against the public interest for her to change her name? She hasn't been convicted or even charged, and it is not as though LE would not know her new name even if she changed it, so I don't see what the judges reasoning is. It would allow her to escape discrimination and harrassment however, so she certainly has a good case.

Simply because there is an open case, she is the prime suspect, obviously, and changing her name would allow her to more easily evade a public and LE who are trying hard to not allow her to get away with murder.

I agree she has a good case for a name change but I'm happy the judge did not allow it. I'm happy he felt society's need not to allow a possible child killer to evade the consequences of her act, is a compelling public interest that outweighs Terri's desire to move on with life, unmolested.

Simply because there is an open case, she is the prime suspect, obviously, and changing her name would allow her to more easily evade a public and LE who are trying hard to not allow her to get away with murder.

I agree she has a good case for a name change but I'm happy the judge did not allow it. I'm happy he felt society's need not to allow a possible child killer to evade the consequences of her act, is a compelling public interest that outweighs Terri's desire to move on with life, unmolested.

The only reason to turn down a request under those circumstances is so that elements of the public could continue to harass her. LE would still know who and where she was, new name or not, so your argument on that is not correct. To the best of my knowledge there is nothing to suggest that she had anything to do with Kyrons disappearance. There is suspicion, but that is about it. The person responsible could be just about anyone. Remember, she has not been convicted or even charged with anything, there is no compelling public interest in refusing the request outside of titillation in keeping her in the public eye.

who knows what info the judge has.

She is quite a character. She isnt tired of running yet, and LE isnt tired of chasing her that is for sure. I say this firm in my belief that she caused Kyron's disappearance and likely death. This is my jmvho. The judge clearly had more available to make the decision other than rumor an innuendo. Wasnt Josh Powell the focus of the investigation into Susan's death yet unnamed as a suspect?

Now that Terri has moved to California, can she petition the courts there to change her name?

I have revisited this thread after buying the current People magazine.

I also thought anyone could change their name at any time, except to avoid prosecution. Providing she would give the new name to LE in Washington, I can't imagine she couldn't change it.

I also am so surprised that the public who don't know her would spend all that energy into tracking her down and keeping her from her private business. Don't these people have anything more compelling in their lives than stalking a woman they don't know and who hasn't been charged with any crime at all? Mystifying.

In my mother's day, Soap Operas on TV were the thing for women who didn't have enough to think about or anything going on in their lives. Now, the internet is like a "soap opera" that women who are completely addicted to the story can actually PARTICIPATE in. YIKES.

That's not a good thing. Prayers we all can be spared being in the public eye through no fault of our own, and suffer public vengeance.

I'm not sure what the state of Washington has to do with this. Kyron lived in and went missing from Oregon, Multnomah County.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back